Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 06:18 Go to next message
Hey all.
My ST141 Corona project is slowly coming together. The concept is total sleeper on a tight budget. Now the factory beige pin stripes are really helping to add to the "Old Man Slow Boat" look, but it needs more Grandpa. So hit me with what you think will really make it look like a pension mobile on the way to Sunday lawn bowls.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 06:25]

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Straw hat on the rear shelf, knitted cardigan on the back seat, plain arse k-mart dress covers on factory 14 inch steelies. Those NRMA/RACV metal badges in the front grille.
PPlate_Avalon
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RSL Stickers
Perhaps a service sticker from a Toyota Dealer
Dashmat and perhaps sheepskin seatcovers

Cenetenary of federation personalised plates, 'lest we forget' plates or if your got wads of cash, B&W plates.

Love the sleeper idea, remembers its what inside that counts and getting officier Law of your back is nothing to be sneezed at.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 07:00]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 14 November 2005 17:24

Straw hat on the rear shelf, knitted cardigan on the back seat, plain arse k-mart dress covers on factory 14 inch steelies. Those NRMA/RACV metal badges in the front grille.

after that list no one can compete Laughing .
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat u need is some of them beaded seatcovers, u know the ones i mean? the ones that pakistan taxi drivers have. thatll give it the ol granpa look Wink
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of those colour coded sun visors that go over the bonnet, or maybe just drive around with 2UE blaring through old perished standard rona speakers....nothing like Alan Jones talk back radio to pack on the grandpa Laughing
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rear window louvres, maybe some of those side window shades that have suction cups on them too.
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm liking the NRMA badge on the grille, that one has definately crossed my mind. The wheel covers are out cause she's already wearing a set of 15" MX-73 Cressida alloys, which look like wheel covers anyway. I like the beaded seat covers, it had sheepskin when I got it but they smelt like stale old wee, so they had to go. At least for my own personal health. I'm thinking a set of old galvanised steel roof racks that sit a good 6 inches above the roof would help.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Better than louver, get a venetian and a bowls hat.

But if you want to be the king of grandpa, get a crown.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, steel roof racks, beaded seat covers and a 2UE or 2CH sticker on the back window Laughing .
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, before anyone says it, "Cops are Tops" stickers are right out. I'm having some fun here, not selling my soul to the Devil. Mind you, does anyone have one of those John Laws Keeping the dream alive stickers lying around?
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Straw hat on the rear shelf

Straw hat? Bowls hat would be better Very Happy

Quote:

RSL Stickers

Yup, and NRMA long term membership stickers if you can get your hands on one or just get one made up, any stickers like that.

Also try old school corona hubcaps (with one missing, like mine Very Happy)
And if you can get a disabled sticker that always gives it a grampa feel

cheers
chris
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
disabled sticker....couple of dints and scractes (might need shopping trolley for full effect) make sure you have at least 1 hub cap missing.

goto wendy's and ask for one of there large straws and put that as your mufflers tip.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
telephone pole dent (AKA magna dent) quite close to the middle of the boot

Laughing
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After all that I got nothing.

john laws is a great touch.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No no no, don't dent it up. Then it just looks like some dumbarse kid has gotten their grandpa's nice old car and taken it for a thrash. Razz

Those white blind things on the back window are a nice touch. Allways adds to the grandpa effect.

Also, as mentioned, if you can someone make your exhaust seem smaller than it is? Perhaps put the actual exhaust tucked up the back, and the fake muffler in front of it? Razz
Find out if that's legal first.

In melbourne we have the old metal RACV deals. They look grandpa styles.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep all great suggestions but heres a few more:

Those chrome twangers that stick out off the bottom of the gaurd for parking clearance.

Reflectors....you can never have toooooooo many

anything crocheted sitting on the parcel shelf like tissues and stuff

paint the tyres with tyre black and get those old school mud flaps and tyre black them as well

Get some cross ply tires

how bout head light protectors

or best still check out this is my late Grandfathers car !!

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5752/rearjpgofcrown6wo.th.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/my.php?image=passenger rearlow1zw.jpg

Sorry will have to check links later
Hope this helps Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 12:58]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i knew id seen that written somewhere before! its in your members rides thread!! Razz Razz
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-One of those rubber strips that hangs from the back of the car to stop static shocks

-'Keep our fag forever' sticker

-Make sure you keep one of those massive fold out maps in the glove box in case you get lost

-Act like you're lost so you can use the map

-Tune the car so it pings whenever you accelerate
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 01:05

i knew id seen that written somewhere before! its in your members rides thread!! Razz Razz

Joo so funny Razz , least mines a manual. Rolling Eyes
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make ya Nan sit in the passenger seat all day.

Cheers, Greg.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Get one of those gay mini-fans that suction to the dashboard.

seeyuzz
river
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 14 November 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 10:39

Hi,

Get one of those gay mini-fans that suction to the dashboard.

seeyuzz
river

Dude... that's the most awesome idea yet!

That, and some of those blind slats on the back = teh win!
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damnit, old man river took my suggestion.. got one in the celica eh? Wink
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha! you boys are so yesterday Wink

Bout here look good?
http://www.importperfection.com.au/Fan.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTtwin wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 18:16

Ha! you boys are so yesterday Wink

Bout here look good?
http://www.importperfection.com.au/Fan.jpg

That sports steerign wheel has to be tossed pronto for the bus like stock one Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's gold!

If there's another toymods forum meetup at newcastle and you bring this out, I'm definitely going to have to come up for a peek
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That wheel is from a JZX-81, with "Mark II" on it, so it still holds a little Pensioner credit. I couldn't believe it went straight on.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a sticker from the:
-local dance school
-the local neo-fascist fundamentalist church
-a 'i fish and i vote' sticker

the benefit of these is that you dont have to look old.

a small booster-seat in the back?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a dash cover i got one Very Happy

also the plastic thing that attaches to the back window on the outside to keep the sun out(dunno what ya call it)

weather shields for the windows(plastic things that stop the wind and rain from coming in)

bullbar

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 15 November 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes either a bullbar from like inch thinnest a stuff you can find the sprayed 50,000 times and allowed to rust in between. Or one of those old plastic numbers.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Thu, 17 November 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE! you need a mesh windscreen protector! To top it all off...

man i hate those things
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Sat, 19 November 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not aure if this has already been mentioned but a sun visor thing that goes over the top of the windscreen like a baseball cap's peak.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Sat, 19 November 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go out and find the oldest midget you can find. He'll be small, should be a grandpa (else exchange for "grandpa" model) and cheap to run.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Sun, 20 November 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget the towbar/towball...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Sun, 20 November 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For an added touch, put half a tennis ball on the towball.
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Sun, 20 November 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur also gonna need a donut seat thing that u sit on so u dont get hammeroids Laughing Cool
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 21 November 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need your antenna bent into "star" or "heart" shape
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Mon, 21 November 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gwaijaitat wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 19:54

you need your antenna bent into "star" or "heart" shape

come one gotta be bent into the shape of Australia sans tasmania (not that we need em anyhow).
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Tue, 22 November 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get one of those dumb rubber straps that hangs from the car to prevent static Rolling Eyes
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Suggestions on adding a little "Grandpa" to my ST-141 Thu, 24 November 2005 09:25 Go to previous message
plus you have to go to the local op shop and get a knitted/crochet blanket as a rear seat cover.

DOG HAIR and lots of it.

try to get some moth balls into an air freshener for that authentic smell.

maybe a coathanger aerial.

walking stick could double as road rage tool.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Road legal 2JZ AE85
Next Topic:Shell Optimax Extreme - 100RON
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:18:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067169666290283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.