Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 02:09 Go to next message
my 4age revs from 1100 > 1500 > 1100 > 1500 > 1100 and so on

not sure wats wrong with it, i checked all the vac lines and other things, also tested the tps, turned the idle screw to the lowest point...

the car drives fine beside the random up and down idle

i did a search a found nothing similar? also check the 4age trouble shooting manual and still can't findanything???

video will be up soon Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like a constant up and down?

vvvvvvrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRr rrrrvvvvvvv

if ya get me.. lol

mine does this sometimes. no real pattern to it either. and ive also checked vacumn tps and idle valve.

weird.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, it happens all the time... pull up to a set of lights then the dood next to me starts revving his engine Rolling Eyes needless to say wat happens next Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vacuum leak?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i took off the map sensor and it idle at 800rpm... but was crap Confused im pretty sure there are no leaks or anything... but i oil temp dont work?
Noodlebut
Regular

July 2003

Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine has just recently begun doing the same however it was after flushing the coolant...

i think i read some post on here that if there is an air pocket on the back of the head somewhere near the temp sensor it will do this...

i have however made sure the system is free of air but still remains the same Sad so it beats me...
Max Power
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a TPS, vac leak, idle adjust screw?? prob. The ECU thinks the engine is at idle but toooo much air is getting in so the engine revves to the idle fuel cut point 1500rpm, and cuts back in at correct idle. Check harder for air leaks, Confused haha definatly sounds like a hose has come off or cracked. good luck.

Chris.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 4age idle problems Fri, 18 November 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leo,

Try taking off the ISCV thing off, clean it out using some throttle body cleaner, and wacking it back on. Solved my occasional hunting.

Yian
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: 4age idle problems Sat, 19 November 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The airlock in the cooling system like Noodlebut said is usually the cause but i've also seen an incorrect inlet manifold gasket do this. Is it also running quite rich?

~Josh
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age idle problems Sat, 19 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv check to c if there are cracks or vac leaks but cant find any? might have to rip the engine out again to take a look Confused

thanks guys
BootySlap
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4age idle problems Sat, 19 November 2005 05:32 Go to previous message
My 4AGE had quite an erratic idle too, but found out the head gasket was wayy gone Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Microtech software problem
Next Topic:gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:33:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050718784332275 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.