Toymods » General Car Talk » One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BabyZ
Regular

January 2003
One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Wed, 14 September 2005 22:45 Go to next message
Well, now that the Cressida is back on the road with it's shiny new 1JZ, I figure there is only one item it needs now to make it complete. I thought one of these on the parcel shelf would be ideal. Where do I buy one? Wink
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8280/sillyhat0iy.jpg

Seriously though, I thought I might replace the GLX badge on the back with a GT one like this:
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/599/gtchaser8xw.jpg

Subtle, but just so that those in the know will know.

But stuffed if I know where I'd get one in Aus. Would importers bother with these? Anyone here bought a chaser import and debadged it?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Wed, 14 September 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you may have more luck finding the hat Very Happy

Try salvos Razz
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Thu, 15 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try Toyota Parts, they should be able to order one in for you as long as you can give some build plate numbers(but not to sure about the cost tho Laughing)

Good luck with the hat, dont forget the box of tissues.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Thu, 15 September 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The badge should be easily ordered via Toyota. Use the EPC to get you the part number.

The hat could be bought at any sports store that specializes in lawn bowls.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Thu, 15 September 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed, its always a Lawn Bowls hat.

I'm tempted to get the plates "BOWLSWA"
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Thu, 15 September 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a MA70 turbo yesterday with a old womans sunday hat on he rear "parcel tray" {cargo cover}

"heheheheheh" says I
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Thu, 15 September 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a MA70 turbo yesterday with a old womans sunday hat on he rear "parcel tray" {cargo cover}

"heheheheheh" says I
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Thu, 15 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A friend of mine has a lawn bowls sticker on his (highly modified) old Fiat. A nice touch I thought. Smile
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Fri, 16 September 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you see a cressi in the fast lane doing 9 over the limit with low profile tyres you cant read the badges but you know it aint grandpa....oops,could be! Im old enough and driving a turbo Cressi,a lot of the good guys on this site with experience to offer and time on their side are older revheads also.
A site sticker will tell those in the Know that you have class to spare also. Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 12:57]

ozzy31
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Fri, 16 September 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>Well, now that the Cressida is back on the road with it's shiny new 1JZ, I figure there is only one item it needs now to make it complete. I thought one of these on the parcel shelf would be ideal. Where do I buy one?

In all seriousness, for the same reason (to be a smartass), I had a hat like this in the back window of my MX13 for years. Worked like a charm, never got pulled over or ticketed for speeding... not once. It's a good mod.
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Fri, 16 September 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call Toyospares in Bayswater, I was out there a while back and they had a few badges from imports and half cuts.
BabyZ
Regular

January 2003
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Sun, 18 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe - yeah, well it will likely end up as the daily driver for my dad, who is also a grandad. And I guess I am an 'older revhead' myself, but nowhere near grandpa territory just yet. (Not even dad territory!)

But a Toymods sticker might be a nice touch Smile Better pay some subs Rolling Eyes

Hadn't thought about the cop repellant aspect of the hat - sounds plausible ...

I found the badge part number from my EPC (shoulda thought of that myself...), but I'll try Toyospares first. Maybe get a new price first so I know what I'm up for.

The car passed its rego check ok (with one day to spare before total expiry - whew!). Now for a quick trip to the engineer (8 hour round trip!) and all will be sweet Smile
BabyZ
Regular

January 2003
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Fri, 18 November 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so it's not very easy to find Sad

The badge, I mean, not that fussed about the hat Very Happy

Got the part number from my Japan EPC, but no joy getting a badge from Penrith Toyota. I assume the other dealers would be the same.

Tried Toyospares and Toyshop (where I bought the cut from). No go there either.

Any other bright ideas, guys?

It's not a big deal, but it's starting to bug me now Rolling Eyes
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Sat, 19 November 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get a GT badge from a different dealer

FORD or even Mitsubishi with the release of the 380 GT you be sure to grab one
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Sat, 19 November 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look for a grille from a starlet GT, seems to be the same badge to me.
matty.
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: One final essential component for my 1JZ Cressida Sat, 19 November 2005 22:43 Go to previous message
Try John from ImportBitz, Soarer21 on here. I believe he has a chaser he is wrecking atm
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:carina?
Next Topic:Fibreglass Flares for RA-23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:23:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065770149230957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.