Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agze- problems with starting and idle

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coheed
Occasional Poster

February 2005
4agze- problems with starting and idle Sat, 19 November 2005 23:25 Go to next message
hey guys.
my car is a ke70 4agze running a wolf 3d v1.
my car decided to stall yesterday as it tends to do a bit. but yesterday arvo i pulled up at an intersection and she dies and wouldnt start again.
pushed it back off the road and i can get it to start by putting holding the throttle wide open and then slowly bringing revs back down, eg, 4000->3500->3000->2500 and thens he just falls from there and cant bring it back up at all.

the fact that it wont start at zero throttle sounds like flooding, but i cant understand this one...
i bought the car on friday, broke down on saturday and here we are sunday.
my bet is on management issue
what do you fellas think?
cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4agze- problems with starting and idle Sun, 20 November 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check TPS calibrations
check ignition trigger signals
fuckkit, just do a full EFI diagnosis.
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: 4agze- problems with starting and idle Sun, 20 November 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a stock gze ecu, just a thought that if the wolf 3d is plug and play mayhaps the stocker will solve it. Anything been done to the engine? Did the dude you bought it off say anything or was he in a hurry to get rid of it?
coheed
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4agze- problems with starting and idle Sun, 20 November 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the motor has only done 12,000km since total rebuild.
has a sc14, fmic and the wolf3d.

ive talked to the previous owner and he said its never done this to him before.

also got a question regarding gze's, my last gze was and ae101 MAP GZE and it ran COMPLETELY differently to this one, which is an AFM GZE from an MR2.

as far as him being hasty to sell it, i dont think anymore than normal, but if this problem is a biggy im gonna be very very unimpressed and hope for some kind of sympathy
im already unimpressed for the fuck around of not having a car straight after buying one. but thats not the issue.
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: 4agze- problems with starting and idle Sun, 20 November 2005 06:04 Go to previous message
hmm, beats me as my gze isnt even running yet so anyway your best bet is prolly the whole ingnition/efi diagnosis. And apparently gze's have a bad temperment with shoddy wires.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who can make clear tailights?
Next Topic:RA60 power steering?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:40:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045931339263916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.