Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Canberra wreckers: 18RG

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Canberra wreckers: 18RG Mon, 12 September 2005 09:25 Go to next message
Well, I was at jap spares in queanbeyan looking for some interior bits, and the wrecker says "do you have a twin cam in yours", so I says "yeah, does the one that you are wrecking?"

So anyway, I would've snatched it up, but the dude was dreaming. It is a 253, it turns over, and I saw it running a few weeks ago (the car got rear ended). BUT the guy wants $1000 for it, stock as a rock. (While I was there he also quoted another guy $600 for a hiace diff, so he seems to prey on the unwary). Just putting this up to see if anyone in Canberra region can be stuffed trying to talk down a stubborn wrecker.
  Send a private message to this user    
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Tue, 13 September 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1000 for an engine that's been running in Australia? Nah, I don't think I would have paid that either.
I've seen them stright from Japan selling for $1200-$1300 before (introductory price). If you wait for a while the price usually drops of significantly.
Three months after being offered an 18RGEU from an import wrecker for $1600 with gearbox the same guy offered it to me for $900. As far as I know neither of them have sold yet.
That place does have a reputation for being a bit dodgy though.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Tue, 13 September 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that Ceasers's place? If so its pretty normal for them to do that sometimes you can get lucky i picked up a suspension setup for my 23 that had the lower control arms on a cam which ment adjustable camber for $50.

Cheers

Jason
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Wed, 14 September 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I think that was the blokes name. He just seemed to think I would pay whatever he asked. He also offered to sell me the home-made centre console that was in the car for $55, which I thought was unreasonable. Anyways, he can have the engine sit there for a while, and if I call back in a couple of months and no-one has it yet (and he has a reasonable price) I might snatch it up.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Wed, 14 September 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ceaser is the old bloke who runs the place never get stuff from him get it from the other guy in charge (cant remember his name). Ceaser will charge like a wounded bull pretty silly really just encourages people to walk out with stuff.

Cheers
Jas
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Wed, 14 September 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate.

Are you saying there is an RA23 in jap spares in QBN? If so, whats it like, before i treck out there?

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Wed, 14 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on what you are after I guess... It got a big hit up the arse on the RH side, the interior is already stripped. The door trims are like cream with pink flames. I think the seats are trashed. There is still a steering wheel. I saw a radiator and the front struts. The rear was still rolling, so I guess it still has the diff. There is still an exhaust there. The 18RG is there with stock carbs and redline filters and the W50 bolted to the back. The dash is there but no dash mat. The grill is there, and painted dark blue. I think I may have seen a front bar... Don't quote me on that though.
craig.a.fleming
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Sun, 20 November 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha... thats ceaser alright the old prick. yeah ur right jason he ripped me off big time when i was really young, but we're square now Wink. i used to live in canberra, he is a bastard hey, i found one day when i went in with my gf i got a heap of cheap stuff so try it out. im going to be in canberra from the 19 dec to the 31 dec, im currently running an 18rg in an ra23 but looking to sell it if a 2jz will fit in there
1j180
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Sun, 20 November 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ceasers the epitome of a sleazy, used parts saleman. Have no hesitation in talking hard with him and don't be afraid to tell him his a c0cksvcker and walk out if he persists with his outrageous prices.
Also, hear is some inside info, tell him he should probably get what he can for it so he can pay his rent..which is several months behind Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Mon, 21 November 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Tricky, if that 18RG was still in the celica then that means he has two 18RGs in his yard, because I was out there about three weeks ago and there was an 18RG sitting in one of his sheds out the back.

I agree, the dude is a scammer and his "helper" has the social skills of a door knob.

Just thought the info might be useful to a prospective buyer because if he has 2 x 18RGs it might be easier to knock him down a few$$$.

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra wreckers: 18RG Tue, 22 November 2005 13:43 Go to previous message
Nah, this was back in September, and he already had the motor out on the floor. I might go back and bug him about it sometime, and see if he wants some amount money significantly less than $1000... Or nothing!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Another 18rg for sale :) (18rgeu with adapted carbs)
Next Topic:20v stuff going cheap.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:29:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057039260864258 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.