Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Sun, 20 November 2005 12:17 Go to next message
Hey guys,
after trying for so long, ive finally decided to yield and ask on here, hopefully someone can give me some direction...

1st of all: I have a 3sge, that sometimes decides to not start, i just get the 'click' of the starter, and it can take 5 clicks, sometimes an hour to start. We took the starter motor off, cleaned and levelled the points, checked the bushings, solunoid (spelling?) and it all looked fine/works fine with a battery. it still does the problem, GRRR! bought another starter motor, STILL DOES IT! What else should i check? What wiring? It is getting the 'click' just nothing else.

Also have a 2T that WAS running and starting fine. I went to start it after a few months of no use, and the starter didnt kick in! Except this one just spins, i can hear it going 'zzzz' but just doesnt throw in. i thought the shaft may have seized up; pulled it off, oiled it up, shaft had good movement, put it on...'zzzzz', it still spins. What should i check there? What should i look at fixing? im sick of buying starter motors

thanks for any help/info
  Send a private message to this user    
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Sun, 20 November 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get the same problem with my 2TGEU as your 3SGE. Often though I can hold the ignition on after the click and the starter will fire. My suspicion is either dodgy wiring from the ECU (factory) or possibly the alarm/immobiliser. Knowing that my soldering skills are on par with a captive monkey, I think it would be a shonky connection or earth.

hope that give you a little help

Az
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Mon, 21 November 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cheers dude, ill hafta check it all out, it appeared fine.

Can anyone give me some direction on the 2T?????? Gotta get the thing running asap. Is this purely a starter motor problem? or could it spinning be wiring? Anything i can check/fix?
ajmor6
Regular

August 2005
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Mon, 21 November 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2T i would suggest to give the starter a tap while another person cranks over the car. Tapping the back of it gives the shaft a little extra help pushing out. Once its started let it really warm up for an hour or so, take it for a drive. Stop, and see if it starts on its own Confused ....? If not ya starter is stuffed Sad

On the other engine, sometimes there's just not enough juice left in the battery, hence you get the clicking cause the starter aint kicking over - try replacing the battery?

The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Tue, 22 November 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah on the 3sge i have tried it with a new battery and it does the same thing, time to redo my earth and check the wiring properly i think.

And i will give the tap of the 2T a shot, hopefully hopefully it works
thanks for the advice.
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Tue, 22 November 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol with the 3SGE make sure all wires are connected up, including to the starter relay, (if you have one), i pulled off my starter and put a new one in my 3K and still didnt start checked all the wiring and a white wire was off the starter relay,

check all wires thorougly not just a quick scan as i did Cool

cheers hope you figure out the probs
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Tue, 22 November 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 3sge does the same thing, I just belt the gearbox with the jack(cant really get to the starter) and then give it a go. Gices me the shits, but havent got time to fix the bitch.
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Starting problems: 2t AND 3sge :x Wed, 23 November 2005 05:24 Go to previous message
success, got the 2T starting fine, took the starter off it, oiled up the shaft etc, re-did the wiring, and its doin good.

ill check out all the wiring on the 3sge, too bad its not as simple as the 2t, but im learning haha ill have a crack at the microtech soon Rolling Eyes
thanks guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help 1j/gz20 conversion
Next Topic:MA61 Help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:01:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043849945068359 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.