Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Sat, 27 August 2005 00:51 Go to next message
Hey just wanted to know, to fit an oil cooler to my 3TGTE i will need the distribution block that sits on the intake side of the engine? if this all i need or can i use the one i have already? are fittings easy to find? im sure an oil cooler is better than no oil cooler but is the factory one any good or am i better off getting an aftermarket one? i can get an Rx7 oil cooler would this be to big or not as good as the std 3tGTE one?
thanks.

ryan
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Sat, 27 August 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what have you got on there atm?

Aslong as you have the round thingy that goes on before the oil filter and the hole in the picture below i don't think you need anything else Smile

anyone tell me if i'm wrong?

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7946/mvc002s1ek.jpg
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Sat, 27 August 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have the oil cooler sandwich plate and the right thermostat housing u can just hook it up.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Tue, 30 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh right, well i have a engine that was brought out without an oil cooler, yeah i have all the holes they are just plugged up, now i just need to find someone selling an oil cooler and connections.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Tue, 30 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You only need a oil cooler if you are using an oil cooled turbo. If you have an oil and water turbo you can do without. Unless you are looking to go drift, need a baffled sump too then. You can run the water lines from your heater hoses as a cheap option rather than tapping your water jacket. I've also done it off the radiator lines on other similar mods.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Tue, 30 August 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i know that, i just want an oil cooler so my engine will do less damage when i take it to the track, im also running a good intercooler as boost above 6psi on an engine like this with stock internals is dangerous and will result in detonation, and thats why some people i talk to with 3TGTE's rekon the pistons are shit etc but they probly dont have adequate cooling, my mate runs 15psi though stock internals with a good intercooler and the engine has never been rebuilt and that runs fine. anyway a bit of topic, but yeah i will probly use an RX7 oil cooler anyway as i have one lying around.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Wed, 31 August 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock boost for the CT20 is 7.8psi. cRegardless of choice of turbo I think it goes like this;
10 psi without intercooler.
12 psi with intercooler.
Anything above 12, look to changing your pistons for forgies.
Conservative estimates based on use for track work not a daily driven streeter.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Wed, 31 August 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah right, well my mates running a early microtech with 15psi all the time including the track, engine is going alright so far. so with an intercooler u can only go up another 2 psi i wouldnt even run 10psi without an intercooler especialy on a hot day, ive had my mates old man who had a black sprinter with 3TGTE melt the factory rubber pipe connecting the pipes to the manifold and that was in tasmanian weather. well im after a decent intercooler as well do u know whats the biggest i should get for a stock CT20, also how do u remove the fuel cut so i can run more boost on the stock ECU?
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Wed, 31 August 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boost cut?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=49231&rid=&S=1e793f5ce4f23d3136408bf5a1c a3970&pl_view=&start=0#msg_449310

Search is our friend!

Intercooler?

It's not just about size. Flow is also important. Old Rx7 intercoolers make a good cost effective option. Basically anything that works for a larger displacement motor will work ok. Maybe a 1GGTE jobbie. Or go a big and shiny fooly sik one for big and shiny dollars lol.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Sat, 08 October 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the boost cut i know how now just disconnect the vaccum hose.
rke_011
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Sat, 08 October 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im after an oil cooler for my 3tgte corona too so if you find an easy fit let me know... and if you find out any usefull info, damn i wish i could afford forgies Crying or Very Sad
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Sat, 08 October 2005 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.paradiseracing.com has arias forged pistons for $660 deliverd.

sorry to hijack

laterdays
ajmor6
Regular

August 2005
Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Mon, 21 November 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you got a pick of your turbo? i think i have a C20 but mine doesn't have any markings. Can you e-mail it to me? PLEASE!!!!!!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3TGTE oil cooler to non oil cooler engine Mon, 21 November 2005 07:10 Go to previous message
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4281/mvc011f2wj.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need Help with rear leafs
Next Topic:noisy 5th gear in ae71 and sparco seat repairs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:39:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004734992980957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.