Classifieds » Body and Interior » EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 05:17 Go to next message
Hey just want to see if anyone is interested in an excellent cond set of tail lights.I just got them in today from Japan and am not sure if I like them on my car.They come with the flat panel for the middle but no badge.

They cost me 400 to bring over and i just want to recoup costs.

I dont know of any others in the country Wink

cheers

nath
  Send a private message to this user    
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a set Wink - Pending a swap...But yeah - very hard to get. hehehe...

All red didn't come out in Australia did they?

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2005 05:28]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naa never out here, all red were only USDM and JDM i believe.

They just dont contrast well on my blue paint job Sad
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol - How unfortunate for you to have such eyesores on your ride that's been riddled with GT parts. Nah - Fair enough - Good luck with the sale. BTW - How those dragons/clears lookin'?
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Limo Tint them Rolling Eyes
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shelldrake wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 16:37

Lol - How unfortunate for you to have such eyesores on your ride that's been riddled with GT parts. Nah - Fair enough - Good luck with the sale. BTW - How those dragons/clears lookin'?

Mate should have the clears on their way sometime over the next 2 weeks.He has made contact with me but doesnt have enough stoct to swap me at the moment.Ill let you know if anything changes.

Hey 72,how does the blinker light up on the all red ones?

limo tint?
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know, USDM tail lights had no blinkers. they were in those ugly ass bumpers they had over there instead.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmmm interesting,

Ahh well,Im thinking of mabye wiring them up so the reverse lights are the blinkers then,or mabye just keep them for when the car has the CF bonnet, guards and doors on it,its guna be illegal by then anyways so what the heck......tik Very Happy
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you just gave me an idea.
if you modify the casing so that there are 2 globes in the section where the reverse lights are, you could have both the reverse and indicators show through this bit (using orange globes for the indicators. then you would have all your lights the right colour, and as far as i know this would be legal.

chris
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just read what i wrote and realised a diagram was in order Laughing

something like this
http://users.tpg.com.au/ceedees/lights.JPG
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris you are the master of all diagram creation!! Very Happy

I rekkon someone would know someway inwich I could use the same amber globe in the reverse light section for the indicators and the reverse lights,It would just be weird with a big amber reverse glow.

Only problem is who wants to now buy them and go through the hassle of doing all this?Guess the blue one will have to have red tail lights after all..
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The whole red lense Blinks on my 71 RA20
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 21:29

as far as i know, USDM tail lights had no blinkers. they were in those ugly ass bumpers they had over there instead.

Wrong 70-72 the whole red flat lense blinks at once.
There's 3 bulbs, the 2 outer bulbs Blink and are brake lights and the 3rd (inner bulb)is the reverse light. 70-75 never had lights in rear bumper.

Johnny
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
76-77 had the lights in the rear bumper.
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tint, There is a liquid spray that will tint the lenses like you tint your windows with film. Makes the lense look darker and still flashes red or amber.

Johnny
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This lense was red.
Then sprayed with Tint spray.
http://mackenziemustang.com/pics/ebay/61805/6180574.jpg
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's another example. There's different shades.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-BLACK-SPRAY-Tai llight-Tint-SMOKED-TAIL-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQc ategoryZ42613QQitemZ8015513804QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZW DVW
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
72PASSEDU wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 08:36

mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 21:29

Wrong 70-72 the whole red flat lense blinks at once.
There's 3 bulbs, the 2 outer bulbs Blink and are brake lights and the 3rd (inner bulb)is the reverse light. 70-75 never had lights in rear bumper.

Johnny

Wow sounds kinda cool but how does it work of a night when you have to have the rear lihts permanently on?? Can you get me a night shot??

thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2005 23:54]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Mon, 21 November 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in the US you are allowed to have red indicators?
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 10:56

so in the US you are allowed to have red indicators?

Yes
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 10:51

Wow sounds kinda cool but how does it work of a night when you have to have the rear lihts permanently on?? Can you get me a night shot??

thanks

Try to put a tinted piece of glass or film up to your rear lights.
The red will still be seen through the tinted glass or film and when you press the brakes it will get brighter. There are different shades so it's up to you to decide what works best for you. A pic won't help as much as you witnessing for yourself.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
72PASSEDU wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 12:17

riceburna73 wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 10:51

thanks

Try to put a tinted piece of glass or film up to your rear lights.
The red will still be seen through the tinted glass or film and when you press the brakes it will get brighter. There are different shades so it's up to you to decide what works best for you. A pic won't help as much as you witnessing for yourself.

Sorry mate wasnt talking about the tints but how she lights up and flashes of a night.The tints arent an option for 2 reasons first of all im not going to risk wrecking such a rare set in aus and second i dont think they look all that good anyways.

So what I want to know is how it all comes together when you have your lights on are slowing down and turning right??

Cheers
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When your headlights are on,your rear RED lights are on low. When you touch your brakes your rear red lights turn bright. When you put your blinker, that red side will blink bright and the opposite side will be bright(if your braking at the same time)

You just got the lenses or the housings and the chrome trim also? If you just got the lenses they won't work. Different housing 73-77 coupes

Johnny
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 22:50

http://users.tpg.com.au/ceedees/lights.JPG

The bottom lense is wrong
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here it is
The 2 bulbs to the left are ALWAYS ON if your headlights are on.
And they both BLINK bright when engaged.
And both come on BRIGHT when you brake.
The ONE to the right is REVERSE ONLY,nothing else.

http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/misc/539_3950.sized.jpg
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah got the whole lot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/2005_1121Image0006.jpg

Geez its going to look pretty weird the lenses are forking huge! you certainly wont miss me turning a corner Very Happy I may even accidently change the flight path of planes flying overhead Laughing
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good deal mate.
I had the trim and middle Chromed and the the mounting holes filled, Looks great.
Here in the States for the complete set $300 more or less. Shipping cost varies everywhere.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im going to clean them up and see how they look,the chrome on them is really good.

So do they go for 300 US or 300 AUD over there?
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Tue, 22 November 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$300 US with everything

Johnny
71 TA22
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: EOI...TA22 All red FLAT TAIL LIGHTS Thu, 24 November 2005 06:51 Go to previous message
Riceburna,

If those lights are JDM you will have a 4th small bulb at the outside of each. If you have the right front parking lights, wiring and hazard switch you can then have parking lights working left side only, right side only or both sides.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA23/28 GT Hood Vents
Next Topic:Toyota Parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 18:54:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068960189819336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.