Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Starting 4age with just extractors

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
johnO2
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 02:57 Go to next message
I was wondering if people think I will have enough back pressure, if I try and start my 4age with just extractors. As I haven't had the exhaust made up yet. Will it start?
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. Take off the extractors you'll see awesome stuff!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much of the extractors do you have?

i drove mine to the exhaust shop with the normal cast manifold and "dump pipe" and it ran OK, sounded awesome, and like the loudest thing in the world, like cant think loud.

have fun
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you starting it for the first time after rebuilding the engine? if so, dont start it with just the extractors on....cause you wont be able to hear the engine properly to check to make sure there are no internal engine faults.
if the engine hasnt been rebuilt then it should be fine to start and probably even drive. just bloody noisy
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i run a 4age with no extractors at all on it... just flames popping out the head Wink

only for a few seconds... was FAR FAR too loud lol
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnO2 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2005 13:57

I was wondering if people think I will have enough back pressure,

you are barking up the wrong tree.
backpressure = bad, unless you have chosen cams far too long in duaration for the rpm you want to run.

oh.. and make sure there is nothing flammable nearby

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2005 22:06]

Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sat, 19 November 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could start it without anything bolted on, watch the show Smile

*Sings* 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 1 and 3, 2 and 4..
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Sun, 20 November 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its 1342
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Mon, 21 November 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
sonwill
Regular

February 2005
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Mon, 21 November 2005 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After I did my conv, I took it for a run up the road with just the cast manifold. Was awersome, poped on each change, it was magic. Just had to put on ear muffs in the garage.

When i took it to the exhaust place, he didn't know what the hell was going on Laughing
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Mon, 21 November 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i once started up a ea82 subaru engine with no manifold...

sounded like a tugboat.

"reackon she's got an exhaust leak?"
"narr, fucken lumpy cams but"

it still ran 'fine' after wards, dont see why a 4age wont Razz
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Tue, 22 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hot tip: don't run your engines without a pipe going from the exhaust port, because when you shut it down after the flame show the much cooler ambient air hits the valve stems and does weird bending stuff. But if it's a old dakdak feel free to drive it up and down the street Very Happy

I've driven to the exhaust shop both times i changed engines with JUST the extractors, FUN with capitals, don't get caught and try not to yell at the exhaust guy. I WANT A MUFFLER PUT ON IT!!!

dan
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Wed, 23 November 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with everyones comments so far !!

I drove about 5 ks to the exhaust shop with a V8 and just the extractors..........it was awesome Laughing Laughing Laughing

especially when i gave it some Evil or Very Mad

Just idling at the lights everyone around was looking at me like..........what the hell are you doing ??????

You should have seen the faces when i took of at full throttle Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED......just dont do it too often........may upset the niebhors.

Also i had a gasket blow out at the end of the extractors on my 4AGZE, i am sure you could have heard it miles away
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Starting 4age with just extractors Wed, 23 November 2005 04:17 Go to previous message
c2888 wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 16:02

Hot tip: don't run your engines without a pipe going from the exhaust port, because when you shut it down after the flame show the much cooler ambient air hits the valve stems and does weird bending stuff.

really?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 Help
Next Topic:ke35 Advice
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:58:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062458515167236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.