Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nemesis2187
Occasional Poster

November 2004
1jz in mz21 Tue, 22 November 2005 07:30 Go to next message
hey all, in need of some help to fit a 1jz motor in my mz20.

what i have already is a 1jz out of a soarer with loom ecu and autobox.
From what i've searched im gonna need a jza70 crossmember, engine and gearbox mounts and it all bolts straight in, can some one confirm this with 100% certainty. If this isnt the case can some one point me in the right direction to make this conversion as easy and cheap as possible, and what about things like air con and power steering lines are these gonna give me troubles and tailshaft, exhaust and plumbing

thanx to all that contribute useful info

kind regards
Ivan
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz in mz21 Tue, 22 November 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nemesis2187 wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 17:30

point me in the right direction to make this conversion as easy and cheap as possible,

1. Sell Soarer engine.
2. Buy JZA70 front cut.
3. Bolt it in with very little effort.

Do it any other way and you'll ultimately regret it. The JZA70 swap is as close to "plug and play" as you're going to get; all the required bits and pieces are there.
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: 1jz in mz21 Tue, 22 November 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie is correct but before you jump the gun check what year your Z20 is. If you have a later one it will have round engine mounting rubbers, where the early has square rubbers.
If you have round, then the engine and gearbox crossmembers will be the same as the JZA70 meaning all you require are the engine brackets from the JZA70. Since you already have the engine, if all you need is the brackets then dig some up. If you have the early crossmember and mounts, go buy a halfcut.
nemesis2187
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1jz in mz21 Wed, 23 November 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a JZA70 auto halfcut lined up for $2330 to my doorstep so both of you's r sure that it all just bolts up no mods whats so ever, engine gearbox tailshaft and all.

What about wiring is it just plug and skidtime or do some wires have to be spliced

cheers guys appreciate the help

Ivan
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz in mz21 Wed, 23 November 2005 12:44 Go to previous message
The A70 Supra and Z20 Soarer are essentially the same car, so all the mechanical bits are interchangeable. I understand there are a few changes required in the wiring (ie the engine to body connections) but it's nothing too challenging. Mechanically speaking though, the JZA70 bits will bolt straight into your MZ21, including transmission and tailshaft (if you're lucky enough to get one with the half cut).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v tuning TPS or MAP?
Next Topic:What fits dellow housing fork dust cover hole?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:30:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046927928924561 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.