Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Tue, 22 November 2005 10:46 Go to next message
Hi all, i have some info which i thought you would all be interested to know.

I had some custom 4kg springs made the other day for a mate's daily drifter, and i had my standard sprinter springs measured for a laugh.

the rates are:

FRONT: 100 lbs/inch - 1.786 kg/mm

REAR: 110 lbs/inch - 1.964 kg/mm

so there you have it, not only are the standard rates quite weak, the rears are stiffer than the fronts.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2005 10:53]

Send a private message to this user    
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Tue, 22 November 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha. . . junk.........

out of interest........ as I have kingsprings in there.... not planning on keeping them .. but.

do they come in a set rate (just ur average 'low' king springs)...... does anyone know what they are if so..?
beige_bandit
Regular

September 2005
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Tue, 22 November 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 21:46

Hi
the rates are:

FRONT: 100 lbs/inch - 1.786 kg/mm

REAR: 110 lbs/inch - 1.964 kg/mm

Is this aus spec sprinter springs?
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Tue, 22 November 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I priovided a stock spring as an example when I had custom springs made. The guy called back asking if I really wanted 5kg/mm springs for the rear because the factory ones were 1.2kg/mm. Maybe mine were particularly rooted.

Hen
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Tue, 22 November 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rates i stated were for ADM springs.

i think there might be a difference between front rates or ride height (springs are marked with green and red paint) but i only got one front and one rear measured.

i'm running kings at the moment, rates for them (according to king's) are:

Front: 155 lbs/in - 2.77 kg/mm linear

Rear: 140/160 lbs/in - 2.5/2.85 kg/mm progressive.

my next springs will be 6kg/mm front 4kg/mm rear, but i keep changing my mind as i have adjustable swaybars too, and might be able to go down on spring rate.

6/4 is pretty good on the street though, and that is with fixed unknown rate shocks, adjustables should help lots.

hen, where did you get yours made?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2005 22:45]

Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Wed, 23 November 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know the rate for a standard low Lovells springs? They don't seem to be as harsh as Kings spring that I had on the car before.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Wed, 23 November 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, thanks for that mate.....
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Wed, 23 November 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Does anyone know the rate for a standard low Lovells springs? They don't seem to be as harsh as Kings spring that I had on the car before.

Quote:

Our TFL-33 has a calculated rate of 145lbs/inch Our TRL-34 has a calculated rate of 170lbs/inch Approximate drop of 1 1/2" (38mm) on the front and 1" (25mm) on the rear
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question) Wed, 23 November 2005 01:47 Go to previous message
Callifo wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 12:31

Quote:

Our TFL-33 has a calculated rate of 145lbs/inch Our TRL-34 has a calculated rate of 170lbs/inch Approximate drop of 1 1/2" (38mm) on the front and 1" (25mm) on the rear

Just as I thought the front is softer. I wonder if there is a reason why they would make the rear sit higher than the front? is it for handling or is it so people can carry their fat friend around?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke35 Advice
Next Topic:T50 Bell Housing Brace - Pics Inside
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:17:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041239261627197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.