Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Mon, 21 November 2005 13:36 Go to next message
Guys i have a HKS cast iron manifold with 32mm external gate but i'm not sure what flange it is and i'm going to upgrade to a new BB turbo.

Its rectangle with 4 bolts.

Anyone have one and know what flange type it is?

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Mon, 21 November 2005 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear your still alive paul! long time no see!

T04 from memory! try www.supramania.com
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Mon, 21 November 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chances are its a T4 Flange most of them ive seen are , Either way if it happened to be a T3 you could always get a T3 to T4 adaptor place if needed
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Mon, 21 November 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found a pic of this?
Anyone recognise it?

http://220.233.68.176/ShowPicture?9&full&/turbo_gasket.jpg
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my god, you're alive!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 11:03

my god, you're alive!

I don't even know you and I thought the same thing. Was looking for a first post date of 2002 or so Razz

If you measure that, I can tell you if it is the same as my t4 flanged turbo.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the word is T04!

so i take it you have re-shelled it? you may want to check out...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t= 13

7m-gte with GT3542

Allan
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its T-4, I used an adapter on mine to mount a GT35R. They run a spacer anyhow so you just substitute the adapter for the spacer
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome HKS_TRD!
Its good to talk to someone who has actually done this. Experience is priceless.

So did you have the same manifold as me? HKS cast iron job?

So it wont bolt straight up as it doesn't have a T4 flange on the GT35R hey? Do you know what they do call the flange that comes on the GT35R?

Also do u have any pics? A dyno graph perhaps? And what other mods had you done when you put it on?

I'm after as much info as i can get....

Thanks heaps!!!!!
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man, long time no see... well except on the harbour bridge the other day, took me a sec to work out wtf was going on Smile
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah then you wound the thing up and screamed past the work car, i reckon you musta been off every gauge!!

Yep the supra is making a comeback!

I can get a turbo through work(Honeywell) very cheap even though my hi flow has done only a couple of thousand kms and is brand new i can't knock bach the opportunity Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Tue, 22 November 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAGTE wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 06:40

Yep the supra is making a comeback!

Yay! He's back!
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Wed, 23 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAGTE wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 22:59

Awesome HKS_TRD!
Its good to talk to someone who has actually done this. Experience is priceless.

So did you have the same manifold as me? HKS cast iron job?

So it wont bolt straight up as it doesn't have a T4 flange on the GT35R hey? Do you know what they do call the flange that comes on the GT35R?

Also do u have any pics? A dyno graph perhaps? And what other mods had you done when you put it on?

I'm after as much info as i can get....

Thanks heaps!!!!!

Yes I have a cast HKS exhaust manifold. The GT35R has a T-03 flange. I dont have a scan of a dyno sheet but if you check out issue 91, the September issue of Zoom thats my Black MA70 and there is a scan of the dyno sheet in the article. I'm still only scratching the surface with the turbo. Hope this helps
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Thu, 24 November 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/nxtmod/coated01.jpg

(thats the box a brand new 7m-gte block comes in that its sitting on)
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Thu, 24 November 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long ago did you get the new block? I'm curious that manifold had provision for an external wastegate yet the turbo mounted on it has an internal gate?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Thu, 24 November 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS_TRD wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 23:00

How long ago did you get the new block? I'm curious that manifold had provision for an external wastegate yet the turbo mounted on it has an internal gate?

Yes Allan. When did you get the new block?? Is it even yours? I didn't notice it in your garage when we were over there....

PS. I know where you live Evil or Very Mad
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Thu, 24 November 2005 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not mine Sad a mate got it a few weeks ago
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE HKS Cast Manifold - T3 or T4 flange? Thu, 24 November 2005 19:54 Go to previous message
yes its one of the new revision ssautochrome ones off ebay, the wastegate outlet will be geting blocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:jaycar EBC
Next Topic:Huge sexy clear front bar indicators...(AE86)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:24:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053980350494385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.