Toymods » General Car Talk » F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai - it was ALL NEW, not based on two M3 motors.....ALL NEW, unless this book I have written by Ron Dennis and Gordon Murray is wrong Rolling Eyes I doubt it!!!! The book goes into great detail about how the motor came about, everything was new castings, head, block, conrods, EVERYTHING!
  Send a private message to this user    
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI - the F1 motor cam before the M3 6cyl car (yess I know the motor is similar to the M5) but the F1 was long before the M3 6cyl.
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to all those comparisons of nsx vs gtr vs ferrari.......who cares the F1 is king, will always be king......long live the king, Bugatti Veyron....who f&%king cares!!!!!!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giving a McLaren F1 a 10 second head start before launching, the Bugatti and the McLaren will both hit 200mph at the same time. That's f'ing mental.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 20:15

Mclaren F1 would have had prototypes and been in the design phase well before the Sera so i'd say it'd be bullshit.

Not too sure about that. The Sera was released in March 1990, so Toyota would have had designs for it well before then. The McLaren car company was only established in 1990 and first car released in 1991, so the story is still plausible.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not the exact quote I read originally, but it explains what I was referring to:

Quote:

The door-opening mechanism is based on that used in the Toyota Sera coupe - which acclaimed designer Gordon Murray acknowledged was the inspiration for his million dollar McLaren F1 supercar.

Toyota developed those doors for the little Sera and McLaren copied it - now we're taking it back

Gleaned from:
http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_100932/newsartic le.html

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2005 22:28]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 00:10

Giving a McLaren F1 a 10 second head start before launching, the Bugatti and the McLaren will both hit 200mph at the same time. That's f'ing mental.

yeah the Bugatti Veyron would eat the F1. its the king.

i read that in higher altitude it wont have 1024hp cos there isnt enough oxygen to feed it.LOL.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 17:36

And those who're saying the NSX is crap need a punch in the face. It is expensive, but only about twice the price of a R34 Skyline GTR of the same year (AU$108,800 vs AU$58,800 at current exchange rate). When you consider it makes the same power (206kw) and not far behind in the torque department (304Nm vs 392Nm) but DOESN'T have a set of turbos hanging off the side, that's pretty impressive. N/A is allways more expensive than turbo. The NSX is also lighter (1320kg vs 1560kg) and handles way better in stock form.

Yes the 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera has slightly more power (239kw) and torque (370Nm), and is about the same weight (1345kg) but it is more expensive at AU$195,225 AU deliverd, or AU$131,617 if you buy in England (to make it fair with the above comparisons to JP prices). And I'm not so sure that a standard Porsche 911 Carerra would be able to out handle an NSX.

you a honda salesman now? get the fuck outa here hondah boi.

WOW ONLY twice as much. and slower too, gees thats a bargain if i ever seen one.

if the nsx is the best that japan has to offer they have some serious catching up to do.

even a evo would beat the nsx and that is HEAPs cheaper and only a 2ltr turbo.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Tue, 22 November 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 06:38

i read that in higher altitude it wont have 1024hp cos there isnt enough oxygen to feed it.LOL.

I dunno about that. Technically it is only supposed to make like 1006PS(?). They ALL make more than that, so i'd say at a minimum it might make it's rated power Wink
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 10:06

illuminatus wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 06:38

I dunno about that. Technically it is only supposed to make like 1006PS(?). They ALL make more than that, so i'd say at a minimum it might make it's rated power Wink

I read an article saying that 1006ps is the MINIMUM that they will make within reasonable operating environments. In perfect conditions apparently they can make up to 1100ps.

As for the NSX thing, try comparing it to the Porsche you tool. It's way cheaper, and not much less powerfull. If you had them both on the track, I'd be betting on the NSX, unless there where lots of straights.

A Turbo car is allways gonna have the power figure on paper and be way cheaper. It's the other refinements. Just compare the ride height of the NSX vs. the GTR. The NSX center of gravity would be SO LOW! Not to mention the NSX doesn't get the nifty price advantage of being the same chassis as a family sedan like the GTR does. Get a clue.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 11:17

As for the NSX thing, try comparing it to the Porsche you tool. It's way cheaper, and not much less powerfull. If you had them both on the track, I'd be betting on the NSX, unless there where lots of straights.

Hmm aus spec NSX $220K, brand new 996/997 Carrera $195k. More power, more torque, same weight and the porsche probably has better brakes hmmm, yep the NSX will win round the track for sure Rolling Eyes .

Move along Honda boy and stop dreaming. The Honda will out handle the porsche yeah cos porsche just wouldn't know how to build a sports car now would they. Razz

Simple fact NSX sales in aus sucks, porsche's don't (relatively speaking). If the NSX is so great why didn't ppl buy it. Couldn't be because its overpriced, underpowered, outdated and inferior to its competition noooo never.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And as for your argument about the chassis/design, if they haven't been able to recoup design costs after 15 years of running the same setup they must be some pretty special ppl in charge of honda.

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sick of reading about fucking hondahs.
the nsx is crap, in comparison to anything, get over it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 11:43

im sick of reading about fucking hondahs.
the nsx is crap, in comparison to anything, get over it.

You're an idiot. In comparison to anyone. Get over it.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, no need to crack the sads.
want a tissue?
SR20 trueno
Regular

July 2005
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone who hates the honda can like my balls. spend some money buying BMI dvds, watch them, then come to my house
to like my balls over how """"crap"""&quo t;" they are.
and the aus spec NSX price was hugely marked up over the jap spec ones and they were also the crapper version rebadged
type R

well done you have searched the internet pointlessly.quote all the figures you want corona... real world testing is where the NSX really shines.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The NSX is out of production shortly, moot point....

A Honda salesman mate was telling me a few years ago that they were struggling to sell NSXs because they were over priced. Honda had subsidised the cost already.
I drove a couple, handling was good but not enough grunt.

Lol at people that can be so definite from watching videos! Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR20 trueno wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 21:06

everyone who hates the honda can like my balls. spend some money buying BMI dvds, watch them, then come to my house
to like my balls over how """"crap"""& ;quo t;" they are

are your balls really that likeable? they have outstanding personality or buy ppl beers or or?
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps they do party tricks?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: F1 Mclaren exhaust, weight saving Wed, 23 November 2005 16:47 Go to previous message
like the "puppetry" guys? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gold plated 3t-gteu w55
Next Topic:old school 5 stud rims [tech now. RA23 brake convos]
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:41:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077190399169922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.