Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kzke35
Newcomer

November 2005
ke35 Advice Wed, 23 November 2005 01:06 Go to next message
Long time reader, first time poster!

Hoping you guys can give me some advice on my ke35 (3K-C engine, 2 speed auto), I've had it for about 12 months and never had any problems with it. I'm after a bit more power to get up the hills and keep up with the traffic, and I'm also after another gear in the gearbox. But I want to keep it pretty standard.

Any advice on reworking the 3K a little bit to give more grunt, or should I just put a 4K in there? And is it easy enough to replace the 2 speed with a 3 speed?

Cheers
Kathy Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Re: ke35 Advice Wed, 23 November 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Corolla Autos aren't really much chop. If you were in Melbourne I've got a 3spd auto and 4K you could have - free!!!

A 4K has a little more capacity and is a bolt in job, its got a little more power but with an auto its never going to do much up a hill. I'm not sure if the 3spd yolk is the same as the 2 spd. Find someone on here doing an engine conversion and get the whole box and dice off them.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ke35 Advice Wed, 23 November 2005 02:53 Go to previous message
if you are just after a little more....
get 4K block, new ACL pistons (pretty cheap), keep the 3K head and maybe get the valve area cleaned up a bit (not imperative tho), cam with more lift (don't need much more duration unless you want to increase rpm range), and extractors and exhaust (nothing fancy, maybe 1.75" with quiet muffler).
also jaycar HEI for better spark.. makes a big difference to stock motors.

the 3 speed is a holden trimatic box. it should be able to fit in there, and most KE30/35's would have had the 3 speed instead of the 2 speed? you can use either KE30/35 or KE55 parts for the conversion. you will probably need flywheeel and torque convertor, and also all the shifter parts... basically just raid another car for the bits you need.

have fun!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Starting 4age with just extractors
Next Topic:Standard AE86 spring rates (not a question)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:15:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0032370090484619 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.