Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » Proposed track day at Wannaroo

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Proposed track day at Wannaroo Wed, 23 November 2005 06:45 Go to next message
Hey guys,

This event will be open to everyone and will be a good opportunity to test your car legally, the details are as follows:

The event will be on a Friday or Saturday night (small chance it is a sunday night) and will look at starting at 7 and running until 11.

You DO NOT require a CAMS license however you will need long pants and shirt, helmet and a road worthy car. Also it will be a strictly NO DRIFTING event.

We require a minimum of 20 people confirmed before we can set the date, there will be a maximum of 30 places available.

The night will cost $150 per entry which could include food etc with a 50% deposit being required 1 month before the night.

To make it easier for me to keep track of who's interested please don't pm me instead send an email (so i can quickly and easierly contact those interested when needed) to brett.williams@fluor.com. Have your name, the forum/club your from (as this will be on more then one forum), your forum nick and also what night would be best suited to you included in the email.

Regards

Brett
  Send a private message to this user    
685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Thu, 24 November 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE

Due to motorvation being on the 14th and 15th of January and people preping their cars the weekend before, it has been agreed within the event organising group that we will aim to have this on either the weekend of the 20th - 22nd or the 27th - 29th. This also dependings on people getting their deposits in ($75) approximatly one ~month before those dates. I hope this helps people to determine their status for the night.
685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Thu, 24 November 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE

Track time will be ran as follows:

5 cars will be on the track at one time, you will be out for 5 laps this includes your entry and exit laps. So in total you will get 3 full laps which by the end will be pushing the limits of your brakes unless they are a 'race' setup. You will then join onto the end of the line if you wish to get back out there asap.

If you wish to be timed then this can be arranged, also there will be at least two driving instructors there if you wish to get some pointers on how to attack the corners.

Cheers

Brett

P.S. Don't forget to email me if you are remotely interested in competing.
685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Fri, 25 November 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE

On the night their will be commentary. There will be a spectator fee of $10 per car load (everyone in the car MUST be wearing a seat belt), at the start of the night there will be a drivers briefing which will then be followed with everyone doing a 2 lap stint with an instructor (after that you can have the instructor take you out in your car if you want to see what your car is capable of). Everyone will be getting timed and time sheets will be getting posted every half hour.
micksprint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Sat, 26 November 2005 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea dude im in ....... although when,,, regardless im in,,,, sweet
micsprint@iprimus.com.au
685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Sun, 27 November 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wicked good to see... Could you send me a quick email so i don't miss you out, Cheers
685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Mon, 28 November 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE

The night will start out with a driver briefing followed by one of the six instructors occompaning you in your car to show you the lines of the track. They will be there all night and would normally cost $77 per hour, after the few laps you can ask them to take you out in your car and show you what your car is capable of if you wish. The instructors are part of the Track Skill team and are also qualified race drivers.

We will then get into sending you out in groups of 5 for the 5 laps, the number of laps might be able to be increased as the night goes on.

Included in the cost is your entry, dinner and the $20 CAMS insurance which is done through Track Skill.

There will also be official safety officers on hand incase of any accidents.

As i've stated before, there will also be timing and commentry during the night.

The maximum number of cars for the night is now 40, so get your mates together and take them on in a safe and controlled environment.

685WRC
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Proposed track day at Wannaroo Tue, 29 November 2005 00:24 Go to previous message
UPDATE

For those of you who have emailed me you'll also be getting this sent to your email address. However for those who haven't yet emailed me please do so with this information:

Forum:
Car:
Name:
Contact #:

We will be asking for deposits in the next day or two, I will contact everyone on my list either via email or phone to give you the bank details.

Cheers

Brett
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift Practice in Perth
Next Topic:OldSkool Toys @ Motorvation '06
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:04:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047879219055176 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.