Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 02:47 Go to next message
Why the effing hell dont my 4ac egine mounts fit the effing bigport 4agze? As i said it defeats the whole purpose of converting.

This project is really reallly reallllly starting to piss me off!

Anyone wanna swap motors?

Oops! now my keyboard has grease on it Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it would help if you specified what car, what engine mounts, and perhaphs gave a pic to explain why/why not......
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you haven't even got the engine mounts on and its starting to piss you off already? boy are you in for a good time! the easy part hasen't started (putting engine in) so wait for the hard part (wiring)

how does this defeat the whole purpose? what was the purpose?

put up some pics, and some specific detail and maybeye people can help you.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

It is clear his purpose was to simply bolt 4AC mounts to the 4AGZE. This hasn't worked and the whole world has come crashing down.

biggo,

Struggletown.

Population: you Laughing

Quote:

This project is really reallly reallllly starting to piss me off!

As mentioned above, if it's all too hard with just the engine mount stage then you are in for some good times Laughing Sounmds like you should have bought something that was already done Wink
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please find this insightful dissertation helpful.

http://www.geocities.com/anthonypedwell/Install.ht ml
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 15:00

Quote:

It is clear his purpose was to simply bolt 4AC mounts to the 4AGZE. This hasn't worked and the whole world has come crashing down.

one would hope that his purpose on this earth was more than simply bolting some 4ac mounts onto a 4agze... maybe my purpose was to post in this thread... at least I have succeeded!

god works in mysterious ways.

on a more serious note... whats the problem again? we need pics and info! and some pics.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 04:37]

biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alrighty there people, i have two words:

MY BAD

It goes to show that fustration + hot days + beer dont mix Laughing

The problem was ME! now that i have sobered up, i can clearly state that i had them on oppisite sides.

Now i just have to make that dowely thingo and maybe drink more beer.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The problem was ME! now that i have sobered up, i can clearly state that i had them on oppisite sides.

Bwahahaha Laughing This tech question is right up there with the one from last week where the guy "forgot" he could rotate his turbo core Laughing

Beer and conversions just don't mix for some people Laughing
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah, you suck!

but you have proved that you can take a joke and drink beer, so you have redeemed yourself.

still, you are in for good times ahead, if you dont have a digital camera, buy one. also get lots of friends to help, that way they will drink your beer for you, leaving less to get you pissed.

have fun!
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Wed, 23 November 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres to those who can take a joke and drink beer! *raise beer*
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put your hands in the air if you've ever put an angle grinder through the sump Laughing

Beer and conversions really dont mix do they, but hey heres to the hard times ahead and may we get PISSED!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biggo wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 11:52

Put your hands in the air if you've ever put an angle grinder through the sump Laughing

errr...what?

beer is good

but

I love lamp
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biggo wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 12:22

put your hands up if you think drinking and using an angle grinder is a bad idea full stop! still got all your digits?
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well...... Let's just say that AW11's have a very little engine compartment. Angle grinder + engine mounts + beer = good idea at the time Very Happy

But not to worry, I got the 4ac sump off (yes, with the oil still in it) and im going to swap them over later maybe. Whats the bet some beer induced accident happens? The chains holdin my engine to the A beam snapping perhaps
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Get stoned too and make it a real day out...

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biggo wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 14:51

Well...... Let's just say that AW11's have a very little engine compartment. Angle grinder + engine mounts + beer = good idea at the time Very Happy

But not to worry, I got the 4ac sump off (yes, with the oil still in it) and im going to swap them over later maybe. Whats the bet some beer induced accident happens? The chains holdin my engine to the A beam snapping perhaps

I am predicting in two days you have to purchase another engine.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 16:51

biggo wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 14:51

I am predicting in two days you have to purchase another engine.

I predict:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative14.jpg

and:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative19.jpg
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

errr...what?

beer is good

but

I love lamp

Are you sure you love lamp, or are you just saying that because you see lamp? Very Happy

Sorry, had to keep the Anchorman thing going Wink

A mate of mine ended up welding a dump pipe flange on upside down after far too many vodkas one night, I was too pissed to notice before he started welding it too Laughing It was a damn good welding job though!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Thu, 24 November 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*emotional voice*

I love lamp Crying or Very Sad
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Sat, 26 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Safety first kiddies! No shirt, no shoes, car is supported by a block and tackle...
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2789/ta22grindingrs2al.jpg
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Defeats the whole purpose of going 4ac -> 4agze Sat, 26 November 2005 23:45 Go to previous message
/\/\/\/\/\/\

TOYMODS-Supporting Workcover approved practices in your backyard.

Engine mounts on opposite sides of engine = STITT Sydndrome
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paint Problems
Next Topic:4AGE diagnostic code 52?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:03:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072188377380371 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.