Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 01:05 Go to next message
Alright guys, lets see some toyotas out there wednesday, I will be and I have made a promise to a number of people that I will hit that wall under the bridge - so bring a camera if you want to see that.

I'll be in the light green sprinter with torago wheels on the front- hopefully my exhaust will stay together this time!

See you all there!

Clayton
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t, my car is running so i might as well come down after work
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a helmet and $80?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can i get a cheap helmet from?
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend and i will probly come down and watch.. the spontah will be getting the sunroof filled in hopefully Smile
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine (on hens advice) from redwing honda? ... it's on bell st anwyay. about $80.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arrrrr i so wonna go out, but i dont wonna smash my kit or worse seeing as the meet is so close !
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats alright, cash cons want $200 Rolling Eyes
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200 for what?

my helmet cost 140, and that was the most expensive cheap one i could find (also the only one that fit)

go the the motorbike shops in elizabeth street, you should be able to get a RXT one for around 100 bucks. just put foam along the top of your door frame if you plan on doing a lot of spinning out, as you will get a headache from smashing your head into it otherwise.

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$200 for a secondhand helmet Confused
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leo, here is a tip for you.

never buy anything from cash converters, never sell anything to cash converters, never go into a cash converters.

don't buy a second hand helmet, dont buy anything second hand until you have found out how much they cost new.

anyway, i'm looking forward to this one, wont be entering as i need the money more than the experience, next meet should be a go-er.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, i went why waiting for something and saw the helmets ARGH

anyways i might just watch due to hektic suspension woes Confused

i might go out and get a helmet... or should i grab ur oil cooler?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, oil cooler looks like its going this week, someone made me an offer and a definate pickup time. will let you know if it falls through though. and yeah, it comes with the sump.

i'd do what i did with a helmet, grab one the day before the meet (actually i wouldnt reccomend this, very hectic) but get it when you know you will be entering, and your cars is well and truly ready with no niggling problems.

anyway, to take it back on topic, devolutio is one step closer to getting hard rear springs, and i have learned a fair bit more about droop heights, captive springs and short stroke shocks. will know tomorrow if they work good.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it comes with the sump eh? you wanna hope these springs don't make my sprinkler into a monster-trueno!

oh man i'm so sick..
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 18 November 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you are sick, i understoon each word in that sentence, but they dont go together very well.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 18:08

leo, here is a tip for you.

never buy anything from cash converters, never sell anything to cash converters, never go into a cash converters.

don't buy a second hand helmet, dont buy anything second hand until you have found out how much they cost new.

i got a cordless phone for $15 Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought a supergame boy for $5 and sold it on ebay for $22 Surprised
what are good struts to use? ra40/60's?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86 struts are good, id put them in until you can actually research what to replace them with.

springs have been picked up, and are going in tonight, might put pics up of them vs standard tonight now that i have found out how cool imageshack is.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea but the ra60's got the bigger vented brakes, i dont mind the standard ones but they lock up to easy...
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
locking up too easy? sounds like you have more braking power than you need for the tyres you have. did you get tyres from cash converters too? maybe save them for the drift meet!

as far as I'm aware, vented discs are only going to help you out when you are using your brakes enoguh that they overheat and fade... (oh that terrible feeling).

I haven't yet experienced any fade in my sprinter with standard front brakes... but I don't exactly race the thing.

WHO ELSE IS ENTERING THEIR TOYOTA?
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be coming along, just replaced my blown radiator with a larger one and removed the aircon.
Hopefully i wont break to many things cause of the meet being so close and all.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have random kumo stockies 185/70/r13's
with the ae82 and gze huge brakes they are pretty good, so i would like something similar? or is it cos my tyres are like 5% left tred Rolling Eyes i get my tyres from fawkner tyres Surprised
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not ths f*cking tyre shit again........

hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what time does it start? is it still around $15 to watch Wink
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sat, 19 November 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"racing" starts at 6:00, you wont really miss anything if you get there at 7:00, goes till 10:00 or so.

10 bucks entry, unless you are crew for an entrant, in which case it is free.

bring a jacket and some gloves, and check the weather report.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sun, 20 November 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thinking of bringing car in for first time. what do i need??

helmet, secondary hood restrainers, ie a belt Wink

what else??
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sun, 20 November 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do the cops check the tyres when u leave? Confused
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sun, 20 November 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what you need to enter:

long cotton sleeves (jeans and long sleeve shirt)

helmet

leather shoes

what your car needs ot enter:

no obvious faults, no leaking fluids. the cars generally run one at a time and there are flag marshals so it is pretty safe.

i would fairly strongly suggest not drifting on your road tyres (although rthy, i think your road tyres would classify as drift tyres, and should not be used on the road at all)

you just drive in, throw your second hand special drift tyres on, go out have fun until the wire is showing, put your road tyres back on and drive home.

cops have better things to do than check tyres when people are leaving a drift meet, and if you drive on bald tyres, you deserve everything you get and more.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sun, 20 November 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my road tyres have 30-40% tred, not that i use em anyways...

devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 22 November 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gettting my drift tyres fitted today... lets see how the dorals stand up. should be interesting with my new suspension.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 22 November 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why can't you people get it together with tyres as normal
I have a full set of 13" sprinter rims in the shed , two tyres are pre-drifted by Henn , two tyres look new . Free to anyone that want's them , just add 40psi and drift away .

Rhys please research the ra60 struts >It equals no camber for a start , you need offset rca's to solve that as even camber tops and extra length lca don't offen solve that problem depending on ride height . Second main problem is ride height and strut body length . You really need to cut the body and retread it to fit any good aftermarket shock , and move the spring seat to the same height as ae86 struts to be able to use any stock or lowered ae86 spring to get the correct ride height vs rear springs . And all this for a bloody heavy set up with really standard dated brakes , leave them on the ra60 at pick a part thats the best place for any ra60 .

If i get off work early i will see you there with the dvd cam as i haven't seen any footage on this forum of all you melbourne drifters lately .
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 22 November 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i did a search the other day, what i was after was some bigger brakes...
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 22 November 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I be there spectating as usual.
See all yas there

Cheers
Shtocky
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that was a good night Very Happy

A lot more toyotas this time and i think the toyotas dominated the begginer section too Very Happy

Shiri did a pretty good job and he even had his own group of people in the crowd cheering him on. It's a shame about the body roll but considering that he did great.

Their was a sprinter out their with bone stock suspension who pulled off a few good runs as well, i think the thing even had an open wheeler so extra props to you mate Very Happy

Ben did a great job as usual.
Their was a 1ggte ra65 celica out their too but he had technical difficulties. I saw the car parked and a lot of fluid laying around it so i kinda figured somethign bad happend.

Huge respect to the blue na6 that was out their, he was doing a great job and getting some decent entrys.

I can guarantee that i'll be out their next month prac night but i wont be flying the toyota flag Razz
I'll be in the s1 rx7.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was there? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i was thinking about it!!! but i didn't go, must of been someone else

there can't be another tiger mica ae86 goign around can therE?

PICS PLZ!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 13:24]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 00:24

i was there? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i was thinking about it!!! but i didn't go, must of been someone else

there can't be another tiger mica ae86 goign around can therE?

PICS PLZ!!!

well it fooled me, looked exactly like ur car. tiga mica with black lower.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn... that is really gay

well u won't mistake me when i do get out there... i guess i still have a pretty rare car with everything thats done to it since its last outings Very Happy Very Happy
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of which.. when are u going to get out their?
BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets see some pics? How often do they run these nights?
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many ppl drove past me on the side of the road with a BHG???
Thanx to jezza, chad and bok bok for stopping and lending assistance, just got home from trailering the puss heap back.
Using lots of water and running on 3 cylinders, me thinks its time for some new stuff.

Well, onto the drifting, stand out Toyota performers would have to be Henn as usual but also Devo with his new suspension was pulling off some nice moves thats for sure. Also well done to Alister and Craig for their efforts.
The 2 stock suspensioned 86's were absolutely hilarious to watch also.

Cheers
Shtock
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was a really good night! first time to one of these events and i really loved it Very Happy pretty funny to watch the two sprinters with the body roll. the red and black one was almost getting the hang of it by the end of the night. The white R31 was also very impressive doing it all with a stock engine. he was swaying really well after the S bends to the big corner at the bottom and doing it with hardly any power. Great driver skill.
So whens the next one Very Happy?
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good night, good 2 see more sprinters then 180's out there !
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Insert slightly Mr Whippy style cam cover
http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/5740/bhg9sh.th.jpg
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Wed, 23 November 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. I didn't think it was too awesome a night. I was just trying for huge entries on the first corner, and occasionally they worked, but more often than not they didn't. But by the end of the night I also couldn't really be arsed drifting, which is a totally new feeling for me.

It was Toyota mayhem out there though. Must have been at least 5 Sprinters out there, maybe more and I spotted that RA65 too... it was being towed by the safety car at the time. Hopefully nothing too major.

And anyone considering spectating just look at how dangerous it is in comparison to drifting. No Sprinters had mechanicals on track, but Shtocky was there spectating and blew a head gasket. It just isn't worth risking it. Get on track.

Hen
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Thu, 24 November 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How often do these things happen?
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Thu, 24 November 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
generally once a month... Check the vic section for threads like this, they really seem to help with the toyota turn out i think...

vids (of me) up soon...
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Thu, 24 November 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 10:38

And anyone considering spectating just look at how dangerous it is in comparison to drifting. No Sprinters had mechanicals on track, but Shtocky was there spectating and blew a head gasket. It just isn't worth risking it. Get on track.

Hen

So true. Wink

Funniest part for me was seeing both of my old seats in 2 of the 86's!
The Sparco i used to use (which was actually on lend to me by choony the whole time) was in 'Instigator_PsY ' car and my last bucket seat (80's style no name brand) was in ' devolutio ' car.

oH, how my parts get around.

But i bet every 86 with a locked diff out there was locked by Henn!

Yay for Henn!! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 07:44]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Thu, 24 November 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pity the ony two 86s out there with locked diffs were devolutio's and henn's.

I honked at you on the way home stocky, would have stopped but i was going too fast, what with standard brakes and all.
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 25 November 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a good night, great to see 86s outnumber the 180s
My diff was locked also (Thanks henn), the kazz 2 way is still sitting in my garage, i really gota get around to puting it in.

I'll have some videos uploaded soonish.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Fri, 25 November 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The light blue xr4's sprinter and the red ZE sprinter both have TRD 2 ways in em.

Good night it was,

Jezza

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 03:32]

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Sun, 27 November 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rallystanza wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 14:32

The light blue xr4's sprinter and the red ZE sprinter both have TRD 2 ways in em.

They're just saving up until they can afford to get their diffs locked.

PS, I smashed a diff centre on the weekend, so if anyone has a spare T centre, locked or not then please PM me or look at my post in parts wanted... ok, here it is.

Hen
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Mon, 28 November 2005 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was there, in my 180 as supra wasnt finished.

i did pretty poorly, between me sucking, my LSD giving up totally, and my fuel pump unplugging randomly around corners, but it was fun none the less Wink

ill go again.

i was in the silly red and black 180sx.

heres my 180

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1864.jpg

heres a sprinter that appears to have gone exploring off track Wink

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_4944.jpg
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Mon, 28 November 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hen i have a spare t rear axle incl center and disc brakes to suit Wink

$850ish..
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Mon, 28 November 2005 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another cross country toyota

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_2978.jpg
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Mon, 28 November 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just spooling up my dirt-turbo Laughing
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Mon, 28 November 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might want to blur them numberplates mark, and advise the taker of the photos to do the same.
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 29 November 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these pics i took directly off the fulllock site, i dont have access to actually alter them myself Sad

they are linked straight off there.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 29 November 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a bit more like it

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1816.jpg
http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1807.jpg

henn ripping it up as usual

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1823.jpg

not a toyota, but damn cool! I want one!

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1781.jpg
http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1782.jpg

More pics (nissans) can be viewed here
http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?alb um=17

Thanks to thaitran for his photography work...
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 29 November 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

http://www.fulllock.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_1823.jpg

look at the calmness in the facial expression Cool Cool
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: CALDER DRIFT PRACTICE wednesday 23rd Tue, 29 November 2005 05:39 Go to previous message
^^^ Also look at my skirt... I mean harness hanging out the bottom of the door
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Autosalon????????
Next Topic:CANCELLED
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:18:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096950531005859 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.