Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2JZGTE difference from 2JZGE - psi

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
2J-BMW
Occasional Poster

November 2005
2JZGTE difference from 2JZGE - psi Wed, 23 November 2005 11:22 Go to next message
Hi,

I just bought a 2jzgte and they guys did a compression test which came up as 180psi on all cylinders and i was going thought the manual they are rated at 156psi and the 2jzge is rated at 185psi,, is there any way they have just bolted the turbos to a 2gzje block? i think the heads are different? can anyone tell me a quick check to see if it is a 2jzgte block when the engine arrives, just want ot know that is a 2jzgte block when im making some big horsepower Smile

cheers.

also im swaping my front sump for a rear 1jzgte sump if anyone is interested as i heard 1jzgte sumps will fit the 2jzgte contact me on savo@onzone.com.au

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 11:25]

Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 2JZGTE difference from 2JZGE - psi Wed, 23 November 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mate, you can make big power from the 2JZ-GE block anyway, I know of people making 320RWKW from stock 2JZ-GE block(this is the N/A to Turbo conversion).

Go over to www.supraforums.com.au and have a trawl through the MKIV stuff, this has been covered alot.
2J-BMW
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: 2JZGTE difference from 2JZGE - psi Wed, 23 November 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers man, checking out the site. just abit stressed with the 180psi. does anyone know if there is a crown on the 2jzge pistons that shouldnt be to hard to check with a tourch and wire.

cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2JZGTE difference from 2JZGE - psi Wed, 23 November 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll bandy around a couple of theories.

1) Well for one, don't the 2JZGTE turbos not bolt to the 2JZGE head?

2) How was the compression test measured? There are a few ways that can be done, warm, cold, with a little bit of oil in the cylinders. If not done as same as the factory specs it could be different.

3) Perhaps it's been rebuilt recently or it's just a healthy engine. Confused
chetnik
Newcomer

October 2002
Re: 2JZGTE difference from 2JZGE - psi Wed, 23 November 2005 23:31 Go to previous message
hi,

I really hope it is, i picked it becuase it was in a smash and the dash has been removed, i belive they do this because it has a low km's dash and they sell them off.

im think if any thing happend they have bolted a 2jzgte head with turbos on a n/a 2jzge block?

does any one have any 2jzgte piston pictures?

cheers 2J-BMW

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 23:49]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Corolla Rim Offset
Next Topic:20 Valve - Black top modding options
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:25:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047330856323242 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.