Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 22 November 2005 13:22 Go to next message
Have you ever been attack by an animal ?? or a close encounter to one / know of someone who has

It could be a great white shark/snake/tigers..etcc

... or your next door neighbours puppy !!

Shocked

tell us your story..

Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 22 November 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was bitten by my sisters dog muffin today ... i was sad Sad

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/coFF33/Photolah027.jpg
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 22 November 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tissue?
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 22 November 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got kicked about 2cm from my groin by a horse.

I hate horses.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: DANGEROUS dogs!!! Tue, 22 November 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to do gas meter reading. somtimes the meter would b in the back yard. a few times i stumbled onto a large dog and had to run for it. one was REALLY close but luckily none of them got me. the little dogs just barked, and if they did try something i would kick them.

i was bitten by a medium sized guard dog once though(not reading meters). bit me on the upper leg, friggen hurt.

yeh, i hate dogs.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 22 November 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was chased by two pitbulls a few years ago over opal mines, how i had the power to ride over the large hills i dont know, the adrenalin rush was incredible, the dog bit the pedal, while i was riding and all i could hear was snapping of teeth, i can tell you i was really scared at the time Confused .
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while diving on heron island, at dusk just of one the main beaches had tiger shark circle me attacking bait fish and come right at me, reckon woulda been one fastest swimmers in the world gettin outta the water that afternoon, it was prob bout 10 meters away from me
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This year at the Notting Hill festival a european wasp crawled up my jeans and bit me on the thigh. F**KIN hurt!! Laughing
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a magpie went to swoop my brother and he hit the brakes on his bike, magpie went straight into his helmet, broke its neck and died hahaah

ssuuucckkerrr

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha saw one of those magpie attacks the other day while driving down princess hwy Laughing

these 3 dood where walking... then all of the sudden 2 of them was running and 1 was rolling in the grass Laughing not sure if it was a magpie... somekind of larger bird
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had a 2m long White Tip Reef Shark swim up to me. No idea if it would've taken a curious nibble out of me or not, but it decided against it when it was about 10m away.

My friend's been charged by a koala... Laughing
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was about 12..soon after i moved over here from nz we did the oz animal thingy and i was gettin this photo taking with a koala i was holding it and the flash bouncing off my glasses or something mad it go skitz and it clawed my face up...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got kicked in the head by one of my old mans cows when I was about 18... stupid thing just didn't want to go in the yard.
Unfortunately for her she ended up on the bbq not long after.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been bitten countless times by different Python species of all sizes.The biggest being a 9 foot Coastal Carpet. Been savaged by Bearded Dragons and some Monitors and been envenomated once by an Eastern Small Eyed Snake which has one recorded death in Australia to it's credit. Had many near misses with Eastern Browns and Tiger Snakes over the years too. Oh and a Copperhead tagged my leg once but luckily didn't get through my Jeans.

Cheers, Greg.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a Blue-Ringed Octupus float about 2 & 1/2 feet from my legs in less than a metre of water when i was about 10 lol. Smile
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was about 13, i thought it would be a good idea to stick my finger in one of the bird cages at the RSPCA....it wasnt a good idea.the cockatoo in the cage friggin bit half my finger off, well it felt like half my finger, the bitch at the RSPCA said the cockatoo hates guys!!?!? what the hell kinda bird hates sexes, let alone can tell the difference? Evil or Very Mad
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 01:32

i was bitten by my sisters dog muffin today ... i was sad Sad

im sure that hurt nancy Wink .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona crew wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 23:52

when i was about 13, i thought it would be a good idea to stick my finger in one of the bird cages at the RSPCA....it wasnt a good idea.the cockatoo in the cage friggin bit half my finger off, well it felt like half my finger, the bitch at the RSPCA said the cockatoo hates guys!!?!? what the hell kinda bird hates sexes, let alone can tell the difference? Evil or Very Mad

Nah dude birds are very picky with their sexes. We used to breed budgies and the better ones we kept, we had a female bird that if any of the females in our house tried to clean out her cage she'd try and take chunks out of their hands.

An elderly relative of mine got attacked by a stray cat in her backyard, it clawed her and to chunks out of her thigh. She had to have skin grafts to repair the damage.

I've had a few dogs chase me, and god damn can you run fast when you have a dog chasing you. Had a husky come up our street when my mum was baby sitting kids and we had them out the front riding bikes, the dog tried to attack one of the kids (had him pinned down), we had a cricket bat and that was enough to persudae it to move then we quickly managed to to get them all inside and luckily no one got bitten.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That reminds me!

I've been chased by two huge (well I was 10 so they seemed like they were as big as houses) rottweilers while I was riding my bike.

Scary shit. I could just barely keep ahead of them.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 10:27

That reminds me!

I've been chased by two huge (well I was 10 so they seemed like they were as big as houses) rottweilers while I was riding my bike.

Scary shit. I could just barely keep ahead of them.

Lol that happened to my brother two weeks back, it was just after riding 15kms too Laughing . Only one rotty though he was stuffed but some how he managed to outrun it. It's amazing what adrenalin can do. Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Down the rd from my old house there was a girl who had the biggest rottwieler i've ever seen.
well when i came past on my motor bike it used to bark at me thru the fence.
well one day the dog broke thru the fence and came running right at me, so i did what any normal person would and kicked it in the head.
The 2nd part is my fault.
I went to her house 2 weeks later and the dog regognised me, I'm like i was a bogan cuz it only got my pants and not my leg. i ended up standing on the roof with only my fingertips holding onto the door frame.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 23 November 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I finally decided to add to this list after reading all the close encounters you guys have had.
In my life time I have survived being attacked & bitten by the most dangerous animal on the planet twice. one that shows no mercy and just keeps on coming back for more blood regardless of what you do to try and stop it.

"A WIFE"

So be warned, approach with caution.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 25 November 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mauled by a pitbull when i was 6, it took my lunch, so i went to get it back Rolling Eyes

a cat scratched my eyeball at 5, sometimes when the light gets it i still see little bits of light that look like shooting stars
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 25 November 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was like 9or10 and went over to friends of the familys house inwhere they loved this cockatoo to death they always talked about it and how it was the best thing ever.. they would let it walk around the house and stuff... so i went into the kitchen to get something to drink and the thing came up to me and started to bite me on the ankle just above the sock line... holly crap never felt so much pain in my life.

I wanted to drop kick it off but had to stand there and quitely scream.

"Is everything alright in there?"

"yeah....." Embarassed

The thing wouldnt get off.. I eventually shook my leg violently and it let go.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 25 November 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cockatoos are fucked up animals.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Sat, 26 November 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got tossed outside a club by a large ape. The next week when I was about to set things strainght his mate told me that he was shot and died in hospital.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Sat, 26 November 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 19:16

when i was about 12..soon after i moved over here from nz we did the oz animal thingy and i was gettin this photo taking with a koala i was holding it and the flash bouncing off my glasses or something mad it go skitz and it clawed my face up...

im sorry its not funny but

ROFL

back OT though, I was once chased by a doberman down the laneway behind my house when I was younger. got me on the calf.. hurt like hell! Sad

Around 2 years ago i got the shit scared out of me big time by a HUGE german shepherd that wasnt on a lead, i was running back to a workshop and rounded one of the corners and it was there and i startled it, and it just went ape shit and had be cornered against the wall...

the owner was trying to calm it down, and then said "ohh im terribly sorry, the dog was abused at a younger age and scares easily"

Then why the fuck didnt the lady have the huge german shepherd on a fucking lead?!

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2005 02:20]

MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Sun, 27 November 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been bitten by a blue healer. Had to get tetnis shots.'
And while diving, got attacked by a 2.5m bronze whaller.
Almost got eaten by a very close incounter with a 3m Bull shark.
Was up at seal rocks in a very dirty 3m vis. Way way out past the waves. Takes 5 mins to swim back in and thats with pretty big flippers on.

But thats spearfishing for ya!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Sun, 27 November 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was little, i was walking to the shops with my dad, a dog prodeced to bark and snarl at me.

my dad punted it over a fence.

i love dogs Smile

Eldar.O.
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Mon, 28 November 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was climbing in a hollow tree once and there was a koala in it. The koala grabbed hold of my leg and wouldn't let go!!!! my dad kicked it off, took quite a few kicks too. LOL gotta love aussie fauna!!!
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Mon, 28 November 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 02:55

when i was little, i was walking to the shops with my dad, a dog prodeced to bark and snarl at me.

i love dogs Smile

Eldar.O.

lol he punted him. reminds me of Ron burgundy, what did the bad man do ron? He punted him, he punted him off the bridge Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 08:09]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Mon, 28 November 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 19:09

EldarO wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 02:55

i love dogs Smile

Eldar.O.

lol he punted him. reminds me of Ron burgundy, what did the bad man do ron? He punted him, he punted him off the bridge Laughing

LOL, thats a pisser.

scotch scotch scotch, get in my belly, drink it all down.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 29 November 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferret bit right through my finger once. She had just been desexed, was lying on a hot water bottle decided to start gnawing at it, I for some reason thought she would stop if I put my hand between her and the hot water bottle (normally she would but she was drugged out and somewhat pissed off with me) and chomp!! f@#$ it hurt!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 29 November 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 12:03

Ferret bit right through my finger once. She had just been desexed, was lying on a hot water bottle decided to start gnawing at it, I for some reason thought she would stop if I put my hand between her and the hot water bottle (normally she would but she was drugged out and somewhat pissed off with me) and chomp!! f@#$ it hurt!

LOL who wouldn't be pissed off!!
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 29 November 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 12:16

LOL who wouldn't be pissed off!!

Oh yeah I don't blame her, was completely my fault!!
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 29 November 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 10:44

Well I finally decided to add to this list after reading all the close encounters you guys have had.
In my life time I have survived being attacked & bitten by the most dangerous animal on the planet twice. one that shows no mercy and just keeps on coming back for more blood regardless of what you do to try and stop it.

"A WIFE"

So be warned, approach with caution.

Awwww Ray that is Sooo Harsh> LOL
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Tue, 29 November 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been jumped at by numerous bad spiders ..

white tails , and huntsmen in particular .. Huntsmen have got me 2 times - hurt like a REALLY REALLY bad mossie bite

had the usual dog bites - had my leg ripped open , muscle poking out of wound etc etc - then had it poked back in + stitched up without any local or painkiller ( im well hard - phear me etc )

been bitten by horses - bloody stroppy shetland ponies - but never kicked

Outside of that - had yabbies sink the claws into fingers , been attacked by killer budgies , and scratched by cats ..

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2005 10:47]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Mon, 05 December 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me and a bunch of other people were snorkelling off the island of Lifou, when all of a sudden another person pushed me over, I regained my balance and got in his face and he said "dude you were standing on a coral snake" I quickly looked underwater to see it swimming off into the deep... Lucky..
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Mon, 05 December 2005 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You got in his face with a snorkel and goggles on? if so HAHAHAHA

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2005 21:09]

Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Mon, 05 December 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sea Snakes are cool. They're one of my favourite Elapids.
New Caledonia has some awsome species around it's islands.
If you had a full wetsuit on you may have been ok if it had bitten you. They have relatively small fangs. A bare leg on the other hand and you may have been in strife. Generally they'll give a dry bite first if you're lucky. They're not a very aggressive snake.

Cheers, Greg.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Wed, 07 December 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I said was "what the fuck mate" Actually would have looked hilarious...

I didnt have a wetsuit on... It was summer...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have been thrown from a horse numerous times and pissed off plenty of fat wildlife (read: wombats, devils, and koalas).
Amazingly I've never been bitten by a poisonous spider or snake, but my brothers and I used to catch funnel webs, I've run away from a tiger snake (they move quick!), I've poured boiling water over a tiger snake that refused to get out of a washing machine, we picked up a blue-ringed octopus using 2 sticks to show off to the whole beach (and man do those blue rings glow brightly when you piss them off).

Apart from that a few minor dog bites (bit of blood, no muscle damage or infection) and stacks of cat bites and scratches (ashling has an insane cat)
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragged by horses many times (even more embarrassing than it is painful).

Stepped on/bitten/kicked by horses a few times, which i don't reccommend. Don't be ashamed to cry.

Done hand-to-hoof combat with a few rams... mostly funny, but don't let them touch your knees with their head... especially if they've got a bit of a trot up.

Bitten by many dogs, bitten a few back.

Scratched/bitten by many cats, and that's the way i like my felines.

Caught a few brown snakes in my time. Dad already has a couple hanging on the house paddock fence from this spring/summer... one over 6ft, but i missed the battle. That'll learn ol' snakey for snoozing on the driveway.

Redbacks are everywhere at home... teaches you to keep your fingers to yourself! They aren't really that aggressive, though.

Classique71;

Heh heh yabbies!!! Cranky, but delicious. I guess i would be cranky, too, if someone was planning on giving me to their mum so she can drop me in a pot of boiling water!!! Not much better than pulling lunch out of your dam with a dragnet. Smile
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 13:17

I've never been bitten by a poisonous spider or snake,

No such thing as a poisonous snake Greg. You can eat any of them without any adverse affect.

There are however a lot of venomous snakes in Australia. Wink

Don't get me started on the random killing of snakes just because they happen to be IN THEIR OWN HABITAT.
I know what I'd like to do with the Browns your old man hung up on the fence. He'd need a proctologist to remove them. Must make him feel real good being able to kill a snake with a shovel.

Greg.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only big brown I've ever encountered was while I was sitting on a fencepost in a paddock... it cruised under me, paudes and looked at me for a bit, then kept going Razz

The tiger I killed deserved it - the motor of a washing machine is not its natural habitat Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Toobs wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 19:43

I got kicked in the head by one of my old mans cows when I was about 18...

Ahhh, that explains a few things! Wink

seeyuzz
river
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 16:36

Don't get me started on the random killing of snakes just because they happen to be IN THEIR OWN HABITAT.

Haystack, 400m from the house... no problem. We expect to find them there... that's why you always roll a bale of hay towards you before you pick it up; if there's a brown under it, there's a bale between you and the snake, and you and it can go your seperate ways.

Front yard, 4m from where my 8yo neice likes to play with her dog... big problem. There's nothing random about it. But i'm sure you know all this, living in Liverpool. Seriously, do you think anyone with half a brain would fcuk with one of these things out of preference? I run a mile if i have the choice. That's what my father taught me to do. And if it does come to dealing with one that has camped on the verandah, or in a garden bed, or on the driveway, you're sweating bullets the whole time, but never will a deadly snake be allowed to develop the habit of cruising our house paddock. But i'll send you some pictures next time i'm home and you can have a little cry, if you like?

Farkurnell wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 16:36

I know what I'd like to do with the Browns your old man hung up on the fence. He'd need a proctologist to remove them. Must make him feel real good being able to kill a snake with a shovel.

Greg.

Maybe you need a proctologist for your head? What my old man feels good about (if you can put it that way), is trying to keep a safe environment for his grand daughter.

And let me know how you go with subjecting a guy like him to your ill-conceived point of view... beware, while he smiles politely and nods with consideration over your grave concerns, his right hand may be reaching into the locker for the 4-10.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you never thought to contact any local wildlife rescue group to remove them at all? Has the old man ever thought to maybe get himself educated on the safe capture and release of these animals? Nup, don't think so. Typical reaction by people such as him and yourself is to kill it.
As for me living in Liverpool. What, ya mean we don't have Browns here? I get called out at least a couple of times a week to deal with the removal of Eastern Browns.
I've got no problems with creating a safe environment for anyone. It's the way the safety is created that annoys the shit outta me.
I'll conceived point of view???? That'll do me. It's a much more informed point of view than yours obviously is.
Let him reach for his gun. It pretty much sums up the ignorance of people such as yourselves.

Greg.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hate to say it Greg, but depending on how far you are from town and how many snakes you have on your property it's not always practical to call the local wildlife group every time.

Case in point my uncle's place outside of Goulburn... He doesn't kill them unnecessarily (someone help me with my spelling!), nor does he put them up on a trophy fence, but when you're in a paddock hundreds of metres from the nearest house/phone driving in star pickets and a brown/tiger comes out of the nearby rockpile/deadfall/hole in the ground near trees the practical thing to do if it doesn't bugger off is to kill it. especially when this can happen many times installing the same fence!

Red-bellies are too lazy to attack unless you step on them Razz
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You want to talk about peaking it where snakes are concerned.

My father can't kill a thing so when I walked out our front door and stepped on the head of a Blue Bellied Black Snake, he made me stay there till he could get something to catch it with Shocked Shocked Shocked
Lucky for me I had thick leather riding boots on so didn't get bitten, but at the stage we didn't know what the snake was so it was sent to the Reptile park at Gosford for Identification.

Killing then is actually illegal guys so maybe think before you act and you will find that MOST police in Country areas are trained in the safe capture of snakes too.

I have only ever killed 1 intentionally and the bastard was in my car ans I slammed the door on it before I actually saw it. So after breaking its back with the door I couldn't leave it to die so I saw it as putting it out of it's misery. RULE.. Never leave the car door open while out in the bush during summer... you might get unexpected visitors:(

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2005 03:49]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Thu, 08 December 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Worst snake kill i have seen was in a park by a creek near robertson. Council worker had been slashing the grass with a ride on and don't know whether he hadn't seen it in the long gras or deliberately hit it but a 2m+ long diamond python was pretty minced up.
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 09 December 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Fri, 09 December 2005 08:52

So you never thought to contact any local wildlife rescue group to remove them at all?

Thought about it? Yep. Then had a laugh. The old boy has been dealing with this since long before these groups existed. But maybe we could put them up for a month while they cleaned our place out, and then they can move on to the other 100,000 properties where a Brown will get precisely the same treatment if it poses a threat. Then they can come and do it all over again the next year. And on a personal level, to be bluntly honest, who'd want to listen to the bleating of a bleeding heart like yourself, while he lamented over the welfare of an animal that has the potential to cause a small fortune in stock damage, not to mention kill you before you get treatment. We have more important things to do with our time. Have you watched an animal die from the bite of a Brown? Not once has it looked like a good time, as i'm sure you would testify with your wealth of experience.

Has the old man ever thought to maybe get himself educated on the safe capture and release of these animals? Nup, don't think so. Typical reaction by people such as him and yourself is to kill it.

There is no real "safe" when it comes to these things. There are 2 types of Brown that are safe; one that is a long way away, or a dead one... but let me know when they're on the endangered species list. We could kill dozens if we went looking for them, but that concept is nothing short of scary/stupid. And they would be back in force the next good season, regardless. You sound pretty nonchalant about it, though. Maybe you have been desensitised to the threat that these animals pose in certain circumstances? My fathers experience comes from 70 years of life, working with animals, domestic and wild, almost every day. As i have already explained to you once, our typical reaction is to run a mile, or more if legs will carry. But you obviously haven't taken any of this in... you read what you want to, and then leap on your soapbox to insult a man who was probably dealing with this when you still had the brains to be scared of them.

As for me living in Liverpool. What, ya mean we don't have Browns here? I get called out at least a couple of times a week to deal with the removal of Eastern Browns.
I've got no problems with creating a safe environment for anyone. It's the way the safety is created that annoys the shit outta me.

And i'm sure you're providing and invaluable service to people with no experience in these matters. Thank you, Greg... you have quite probably saved people from serious injury, or worse. But it takes one of these to nest in a garden, and voila, you have 20 little'uns, each as deadly as its mum. We won't be waiting for a snake charmer... once again, you would know how fast they are, and how quickly they can hide themselves. Not something we play games with.

I'll conceived point of view???? That'll do me. It's a much more informed point of view than yours obviously is.
Let him reach for his gun. It pretty much sums up the ignorance of people such as yourselves.

Ill-conceived, yes. You look at it from your perspective only. A perspective of snake welfare and conservation. You have no concern for the fact that we are protecting both and investment/income, and life. Appreciate the very different elements dealt with on a daily basis in a rural environment. Respect the fact that long before you chose to handle snakes because it was something you got a buzz/satisfaction/whatever out of, people were handling them out of necessity.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Unfortunately your passion blinds you to the fact that sometimes, people have to do what you perceive as a terrible thing. Others might see things very differently to you. I'm sure rodent lovers would consider what you do to feed your pets to be nothing short of abhorrent.

Dub us the evil snake killer if you must. Berate me for flouting laws created to protect people (and do the same next time you see someone doing a burnout... any burnout). I really don't mind. I really don't care. We'll just have to do the mature thing, and agree to disagree.

Smile
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 09 December 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AWWWW Come on Guys.. it's not supposed to be a slanging match.

Norminator
I can Most definitely see you point of view on this( I did grow up in the country till I left for the big smoke at 18). I not sure however that the Trophy fence is really all that cool.

I can However see Greg's point of view as well as I don't think they should be killed without a REALLLLLLLLLY good reason for it. Not to Mention that the Killing of any snake in Australia is actually Illegal!!!! they are a protected species as a whole! Greg I'm sure that you know this already.

Maybe just agree to disagree and not promote the things that you KNOW upsets others.

Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 09 December 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the mediation, HSV_gal. I sincerely hope we can all stay on civil terms here. Smile

Norminator wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 14:18

Dad already has a couple hanging on the house paddock fence from this spring/summer...

For the sake of clarity, can i just point out that i never referred to a "trophy fence". That was the misperception of someone else. We simply do not tolerate them in the house paddock. As i have said, it is not a game, nor fun, and we do not collect trophies. Where i grew up, it's just part of life.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 09 December 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup - anything within yelling distance of the house/shed on a farm is fair game. It's a workplace AND a home, and bagging a snake to take it down to the next paddock isn't a solution - a snake that's comfortable getting close to the movement, noise, machinery etc. around the house/shed is DANGEROUS - it really should be more scared of us than that, and is therefore MUCH more likely to try and bite a human.

Feet up when you're idling around slowly on the motorbike in long grass this summer - snakes tend to react to getting run over with fangs and biting . . . . .
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DANGEROUS ANIMALS !!! Fri, 09 December 2005 06:42 Go to previous message
That really is a pethetic way of thinking.
Snakes don't "get used" the the noise or anything. fact is WE make the perfect habitats for them to live in, so if your going to encourage them them put up with it and be careful

With the right precautions you shouldn't have any issues with snakes, but hell if your really worried... get a few cats!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:q_unit
Next Topic:its out today NRL2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:35:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094630718231201 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.