Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:38 Go to next message
Hey, i remember this being covered some time ago, but i cannot find the thread anywhere, someone mind pointing me in the right direction

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=757127&rid=4118&S=28551d579eff5f7afede d7e2f84f7017

you mean that one Wink
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi macca. do u still have my old rolla ? hows she goin ?
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

yeah i still got it, although there must of been alot of bushmen work on it over the years, just had/found so many little problems

The bloody thing caught fire on me on last friday night, now that was scary coming over the anzac bridge no where to pull over, flames coming out the front. I have to thank you for the fire extenigusher you included, pity it was empty Smile

Still rollin Smile
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 12:39

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=757127&rid=4118&S=28551d579eff5f7afede d7e2f84f7017

you mean that one Wink

Wasnt the one i was thinking of, the one iam thinking of refers to the actual building of the ultimate K engine, not one that i can only dream about !!!
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha ok ill let my mate no, remember i only owned it for 3 weeks before u bought it, had no idea bout fire extenigusher ! he must used it and emptied it and didnt even tell me Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well led you astray with the last link, lets try this one http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=648350&rid=4118&S=28551d579eff5f7afede d7e2f84f7017
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate, much appreciated.

Had my heart set on an ra65 though it got sold before i could see it, so now iam thinking find a really clean ke70 or ke30 2door, and just put in a worked k engine, should be enough power to make me smile when i push that pedal down
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't use a ke70 for a worked k motor they are too heavy. i'd be using an earlier car as they are lighter so it means the car will be a fair chunk quicker on ye little motor.
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, just not sure i like leafs over springs very much having had a few different K rollas, can you upgrade the leafs to springs without to much hassel ?
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you might want to check out this site it has heaps of info about getting more power from 3k/4k engines

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 02:57]

MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushrod_POWA wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 13:56

you might want to check out this site it has heaps of info about getting more power from 3k/4k engines

My god, its a bible, thanks many many times
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itll be more cost effective in the end to drop a bigport 4age in with a lightweight flywheel if ur using a KE70 and itll outperform the 3k in standard form.

dave_ke30 took me for a drive in his car and he has a very worked 4k (bigport head ect) and twin carbies and megz's stock 4ag kills it.
dave_ke30
Regular

June 2004
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with dom, putting money into a k engine wont get you anywhere much faster.. and the money spent on the engine could have been more wisely spent buying a 4ag(z)e.
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ultimate K Engine Wed, 23 November 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a twinky ke55 coupe and it was fun

I dont want to have the hassel of engine swaping, engineering, etc, etc

If i can just build this engine over the holidays and put it in, will be a nice upgrade for about 1500 or so $$$, and i can always move the engine to another krolla easily, so i see that as the main reasons to do it
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Ultimate K Engine Thu, 24 November 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dave_ke30 wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 07:19

i agree with dom, putting money into a k engine wont get you anywhere much faster.. and the money spent on the engine could have been more wisely spent buying a 4ag(z)e.

i disagree. you can make a very quick little 4K for not much money. my KE15 went very well against many 4AG powered cars. it's all about doing the right things, not just spending money for the heck of it.

of course a GZE will be better, but then you MUST upgrade brakes, gearbox, diff, get engineering as well as fitting the engine itself... this is NOT a cheap process.

so you could spend $500 for a bit of fun learning to do stufff yourself.. or you could spend $3-4K... of course the GZE is faster, but it's a different modding direction....

and which is easier to get insurance for Wink
dave_ke30
Regular

June 2004
Re: Ultimate K Engine Thu, 24 November 2005 06:28 Go to previous message
hmm you make a good point.. ive learnt a fair bit from k engines and they are reliable and tough.. the 5k i had for a while had a blown head gasket and never missed a beat!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Shell Optimax Extreme - 100RON
Next Topic:Remote C/L Immob (alarm option) for SE Corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:59:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064289569854736 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.