Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4age stalls on high Revs ???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon8.gif  4age stalls on high Revs ??? Thu, 24 November 2005 11:33 Go to next message
Hey guys,
I recently done 4age conversion to ae86 and it keeps dying when i rev it around 3 to 4 grand and then comes back down to 2 grand ? sometimes its stalls tho,think just once

Also the revs are sticking to around 2 grand, i tried lower with throttle sensor, but not luck,anything else can do to lower the revs ?

Also i had to put on pump before fuel filter, could it be that it is still might not be getting enough fuel ?
Im also currently running straight from extractors, still yet to put rest of piping on.
  Send a private message to this user    
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 4age stalls on high Revs ??? Thu, 24 November 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, I can help you out with the high idle....maybe...
What are you doing for water lines?
Have you got them running from the main water lines into the cold start valve below the throttle body?
If you do then all I can offer is to screw ya idle screw in untill you get desired revs...
If like me you don't then take off the throttle body to make it easier to get to, and remove the cold start valve at the bottom of the throttle body, then go and buy some gasket goo, and some gasket paper and make yourself a gasket to go where the cold start was, and then cut up an aluminium plate and drill holes matching to the holes on the throttle body where the cold start valve came from, put on some gasket goo, fit gasket, fit plate and tighten screws!
Worked perfectly for me!
and if you still have problems, check the intake manifold for vaccum leaks.
Hope that fixes ya idle problem! Goodluck!
Cheers.
-Whitchy-
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 4age stalls on high Revs ??? Thu, 24 November 2005 13:19 Go to previous message
Hey Whitchy, yeh im still yet to adjust idle screw, i will give that shot before rushing too far, im not sure about water lines, their all just into engine.

Would you know what would cause car not to rev high enough ? could i acidently adjust rev limiter ???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Huge sexy clear front bar indicators...(AE86)
Next Topic:tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:30:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043561458587646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.