Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
grass hopper racing
Occasional Poster

June 2004
CAMRY STILL STALLING Thu, 24 November 2005 13:19 Go to next message
MY 1994 2.2 CAMRY STALLS WHEN SLOWING DOWN OR WHEN I STOP,THE TPS IS NEW THE IAC VALVE IS CLEAN THE FUEL SYSTEM HAS BEEN CLEANED AND NEW FILTER AND FUEL BUNBURY TOYOTA COULD NOT FIND A FAULT AFTER HAVING THE CAR FOR OVER A WEEK AND DONT WONT TO KNOW ABOUT IT ANY MORE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
  Send a private message to this user    
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Thu, 24 November 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the IAC valve WORK?
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Thu, 24 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one time i took my car to the mechanic hed actually bumped the plug for the air flow meter, it was half way in so basically itd make connection sometimes, so the car would run and then the car wouldnt run. simple might not work but its worth checking that everything is all plugged in properly.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Fri, 25 November 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stupid question but have you run a diagnostic on the ecu?
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Fri, 25 November 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my camry acted like that too, but was worse when it was humid outside, it turned out to be the lamda sensor that was messed up, dunno if its the same on ur engine tho since mine was a 2,0liter
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Fri, 25 November 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So this is a prob whenever throttle is closed?

Does it idle ok when u start it hot???

What did they look at in a week? Surely they should be able to give an electrical fault diagnosis after that long. Maybe its mechanical.

As has been asked already; Did they actually check terminal resistance on the ISCV / IAC valve?

Did they do a diagnostic test on it?
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Fri, 02 December 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to his home on sunday to help him with his drama. He tells me the problem happens only when the engine is up to temp, at idle or when off-throttle decelerating.

It makes me think there maybe a drama with the oxygen sensor as
it happens only when hot, thinking, closed-loop operation only works at idle and light (or no) throttle and only when the donk is up to temp. Though the car runs fine on the highway which I thought would be closed-loop too, maybe not.

He ran a diagnostic test on the IAC valve and said it passed the test. He mentioned the test ran the engine up to particualr rpm for 3 seconds or so. That sort of counts out the IAC mostly I guess - maybe? Can still run a continuity test on the windings though.

I have a decade box(precision stepped resistance box) which I can use to simulate any resistance value, especially the water temp sensor to confuse the engine into thinking it is cold and more importantly force it out of closed-loop operation without causing a the engine light to come on.

I have a spare oxygen sensor from one of my Cressidas for testing. Hopefully the mounting flange is compatible.

Any other suggestions over the next day would be great. Can't believe the local Toyota dealer couldn't find the problem.
grass hopper racing
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Sun, 04 December 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem solved: The problem turned out to be the temp sensor that is connected to the ecu. the ecu was sometimes cutting the fuel off or giving it to much witch would make it stall. You would think that a place like Bunbury Toyota could work this out with there highly trained people but after $700.00 they could not. it turned out to be a $54.00 part and the car back to its best A big thanks to all who replied to this problem an i hope the new forum is as good as this one.

Ron Ferguson
grasshopper racing

mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY STILL STALLING Mon, 05 December 2005 06:57 Go to previous message
Had the exact same problem with an R31 (RB30 DE), coolant temp sensor farks everything coz it will effect mixture.

In particular i guess it would be messy if you have a cold start injector like the camry does and its just randomly throwing fuel in.

For Toyota not to find that after $700 is obscene. If this money has been paid, i would be demanding a refund based on gross incompetency.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3tgteu missing at idle,
Next Topic:flexible dipsticks
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:12:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053400993347168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.