Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:18 Go to next message
I need to start eating a little bit healthier and doing some general excercise as i can see the gut starting to get larger Smile

Any feedback on walking , running , Swimming , Bikeriding ??

What would give the best cardio or fat burning results ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bike riding and swimming are the lowest impact on knees and shit, having no idea of your age or any possible health problems i'd reccomend them. Not to mention you can find some pretty good riding routes around places so by the time you finish riding you are pretty refreshed.

I need to gegt back on my bike, couple years back i used to ride the exerxise bike we have every day (and ride a push bike on weekends) and did on average 20kms, the first 15 mins are the hardest. Lost a little bit of weight, but mainly what I lost from my gut grew on my legs.

Whilst i didn't lose a huge amount of weight I was definately a lot fitter though.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 00:25]

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im 26 with no underlying conditions and not overweight at all but ive just noticed im starting to put on alot of fat around the waistline and the facial region.

I dont do any excerise at the moment Shocked
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
walking is very good for burning fat.
one of the contractors we have at work, who i hanvt seen in like 6 months came in about 3 weeks ago and all his cloths where hanging off him. he used to be obese, and now he is just chubby. he said all he has been doing is walking for 30 min to 1 hour every day after dinner.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Running sux. Walking is boring.

I love bike riding. And swimming is great 'coz it works the entire body.

My advice would be to consider a sport that you enjoy and join a local team.
That forces you to exercise at least weekly and you'll enjoy it too.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 11:32

Running sux. Walking is boring.

I love bike riding. And swimming is great 'coz it works the entire body.

My advice would be to consider a sport that you enjoy and join a local team.
That forces you to exercise at least weekly and you'll enjoy it too.

Whatever you do don't choose cricket though, well atleast around my area the the 5th grade teams are known to crack open stubbies on the field, hardly the thing for losing weight, great for a social day out though. Smile
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its only your gut then do sit ups every night. start with 30, itll hurt for a week, but after that you will b able to do like 200 in one day, and within a few months you should have a 6 pack.
also do them on you side to get the love handles.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing cardio only, you will lose fat and muscle, do you care if you lose muscle also?. Best thing to do is start lifting weights 3 days a week and cardio 30mins every day,that way you will lose fat and maintain the muscle. For cardio you can start from one day a week and work your way up each week. Even if you dont have want to do weights you can do, bodyweight push ups, situps and squats.

If you dont care about muscle then walking, running, swimming and bikeriding all will fine as long as they raise you heart beat a little. All the olympic bike riders, swimmers etc etc have a weight training routine they dont look they do by only doing cardio lol.

If you dont eat a lot of fruits, vegatables, grains/fibre and water, start now Wink .

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 00:48]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 11:34

if its only your gut then do sit ups every night. start with 30, itll hurt for a week, but after that you will b able to do like 200 in one day, and within a few months you should have a 6 pack.
also do them on you side to get the love handles.

I used to do the situps after riding, as you say start with around 30, I used an old camping mat underneath me and by the second week was doing 80 easily, alas the abs never appeared though Razz .

Anyway me thnks now I have time to I might get back on the bike. And also do some swimming pool has been fixed woot, then do some weights and situps, fuck the gym I have it all at home and it saves the embarressment.

You know you've ridden an exercise bike too much when the screws that are holding it together start to rust from the salt in your sweat Shocked .
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its funny that this thread has started , as i thought the same thing not more than 2 months ago 1200det

ive been eating Vegemite and Marg on wholemeal cracker "Vita wheat" things insted of candy/timtams

Every night id either have sex with the girlfriend twice or do 50 situps if she isnt there.

as for Walking/Swimming and Riding - i havent progressed to that stage yet Razz

but i believe the situps are helping out , as i feel fitter and my belly (which isnt that big , just annoying ) is getting tighter Smile

if i keep at it , ill progress to walking after dinner insted of watching a movie and then by summer i can be one of those faggots that drive with no shirt for once Smile

(im not kidding)
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

You have absorbed too much crap from Danoz Direct if you think that is how it all works.

By doing what you said it simply builds muscle under fat and for the amount of energy expended only doing situps for 10 - 30 minutes you won't lose much fat at all.

Another thing to note is that you can not work a specific area to lose a specific area of fat. So doing situps will increase muscle strength and muscle mass if done correctly but it does not target fat loss in the abdominal region.

The key to losing weight is very very simple, eat reasonably well (no need to deprive yourself of everything) and find an activity/sport/exercise that you enjoy and do it on a regular basis. Think long term not short term. Masses of fat can be shed in a short period but it requires what would be to most people fairly extreme levels of exercise and diet that they could not maintain for extended periods of time.

If you are unsure of what to do then mix it up a bit at first and have some variety (walks, running, riding, swimming, social sport, etc). If you find you enjoy something more or less than something else then do more or less of those activities.

Another tip if you drink coffee is to have a coffee before you exercise, studies have shown that it may enable the body to more readily use fat stores Wink (the "Coffee diet" is well known amongst elite endurance athletes).

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The simple fact with weight loss is that output should exceed input.

Don't waste your time with weight loss pills. Xenical has some very unpleasant side effects (anal leakage FFS!!11) and Reductil doesn't work.

Any sort of exercise is good if you are doing none. Current evidence suggests 20 -30 minutes per day reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease. In terms of energy expenditure, walking consumes the least amount whilst (strenuous) cycling/swimming consume the most. If you have any sort of large joint problem, I would recommend steering away from high impact exercise, like running or aerobics. If you just want to lose some weight maybe a spot of walking or picking up the bike (possibly to work even?) is a good thing to do. If you are planning on getting "buff", then a more structured exercise regimen is required. Personally, I find running boring as fuck.

If you can cut out "junk food", then that is clearly complimentary. Eating bulky foods high in fibre (fruits, vegetables, grains) create a sense of satiety as well as being (generally) low in energy. High protein foods are also beneficial in that energy is required to digest them and there is evidence that some factor in these foods causes a sense of satiety (purported mechanism of the Atkins diet). However, one should also consume carbs, as carbs are protein sparing. In effect, what I am recommending is a balanced diet, low in fats and processed carbohydrates (sound familiar?) rather than following some sort of fad diet. This encourages a lifestyle change.

Over the last 3-5 years I packed on about 15 kg - let's just call it middle age spread Laughing . By cutting out junk food, walking, cycling and gym 3 times a week, I have lost 10 kg over the last 3 months and packed on some muscle. I haven't felt this energetic for years.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The simple fact with weight loss is that output should exceed input.

This is what most people miss and it's so simple.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly!

Instead of Mars bar, apple.
Instead of driving to the milk bar for some milk, walk or ride the bike.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup.
It's all about lifestyle... Diets and pills are only temporary.

You just have to change the way you live. Although some people (the freaks with really low metabolism) have to change the way they eat too.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried running a few years ago and it was a bit hell on the knees as well as being boring as fuck and prone to triggering asthma attacks in spring (I get bad hayfever). Plus it shifted bugger all weight.

The best thing I did oddly enough was lifting weights. That, and a diet low in fat (give iced coffee a miss) and high in fruit/vegetables/lean meat was enough to drop 25kg in about a year.

The white diet is also a very effective method - however long term dieting in this way can acutally make you gain weight and go a bit nutty Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Every night id either have sex with the girlfriend twice or do 50 situps if she isnt there.

Is your GF aware you are just using her for sexercise Laughing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 12:14

The white diet is also a very effective method - however long term dieting in this way can acutally make you gain weight and go a bit nutty Laughing

whats the white diet?.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Willett turns the pyramid on its head. He puts the white diet white potatoes, white rice, white bread, white pasta along with red meat, butter, and sweetsin the use sparingly section while urging the consumption of good fats along with most fruits, legumes, and vegetables. He says the coarser the grains the better, because they are digested more slowly and produce steady blood-glucose levels. He says fish, poultry, and eggs can be eaten up to twice a day.

http://www.washingtonian.com/health/diets_skinny.h tml

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 02:47]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 12:19

lumpy wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 12:14

whats the white diet?.

Meth or Dexamphetamine. It's also pretty addictive, highly illegal, expensive and does much more harm to you than good.

Eating white rice, white bread etc is sure fire way to plumpness.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Meth or Dexamphetamine. It's also pretty addictive, highly illegal, expensive and does much more harm to you than good.

The chick out of The Black Eyed Peas is/was on it, she lost a lot of weight.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as did Kate Moss and the well knowen Lindsay Lohan

but Meth/Coke all costs too much , the better alternative is Dexi diet.

but then you have to deal with not sleeping coz of the speed intake .... Crying or Very Sad
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also bike riding has less impact on ya cardio... it doesnt work you lungs unless your constantly riding as hard as you can... but your legs will give out b4 u lungs do..
running is the best way t get rid of the excess wieght
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 13:30

as did Kate Moss and the well knowen Lindsay Lohan

but Meth/Coke all costs too much , the better alternative is Dexi diet.

but then you have to deal with not sleeping coz of the speed intake .... Crying or Very Sad

Meh and if use don't lose wieght cos of the drugs you won't be able to afford to eat anyway Smile
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bored of running, bored of bike riding...
heres a new one to try: http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/index.php
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez i go out for lunch and come back and this thread has taken off.

I had grilled fish and salad for lunch with a bottle of water Smile see ive started lol

Ill start with easting the right sort of foods and start walking every evening and some pushups , Ill have to progress to some weights every few nights a week.

Im feeling good already just thinking about being healthy and fit
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
walk to the local swimming pool, swim some laps, take a piss in it and run home lol
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I lost 18kg in 4 months by doing 30mins of cardio per night..
I was running/bike riding, but apparently fast walking is the best, just don't power walk, you'll look like a tit.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agree with KE382tg. I used to do 200situps every night a couple of years back. Didn’t do shit for looking good, just had a big belly with lots of muscle underneath.

I am not fit as I work in an office and do uni as well so really have no spare time but now that uni is finished I am exercising more.

My routine if you would call it that is skipping for 10minutes or so, then onto the punching bag, then sometimes shadow boxing, then do various arm, shoulder and chest evercises with 10kg weights, benchpress (I am at 55kg now but only started about a month ago, do 10 reps at a time) Then do some leg lifts at 25kg. Then go for a swim. Sometimes I just end up relaxing in the pool though Razz

Don’t know how it is going as I really only started 2 weeks ago and not doing it enough. Need to do it once every 2 days. I also do situps and pushups but not included in routine as I just do them whenever.

I think I will start bike riding as well as I find running too hard on legs and walking too boring. Just got to fix the motorbike, I mean pushbike Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 14:41

Agree with KE382tg. I used to do 200situps every night a couple of years back. Didn’t do shit for looking good, just had a big belly with lots of muscle underneath.

I am not fit as I work in an office and do uni as well so really have no spare time but now that uni is finished I am exercising more.

Yep uni and work makes it hard 3-4 months off no uni now though so time to get active me thinks. Get a little bit of walking too and from the station to my office everyday and arounduni when its on but it ain't enough.

soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use the exercise bike for 1 hour per day, and a long ride on Sundays,. (saturdays off)

In the last 3 weeks, I have lost a little over 5kg's Smile

Still another ~8kg's to go, before I start Ice Hockey again next year,... Can't wait Very Happy

Cheers
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 13:00

Quote:

Willett turns the pyramid on its head. He puts the white diet white potatoes, white rice, white bread, white pasta along with red meat, butter, and sweetsin the use sparingly section while urging the consumption of good fats along with most fruits, legumes, and vegetables. He says the coarser the grains the better, because they are digested more slowly and produce steady blood-glucose levels. He says fish, poultry, and eggs can be eaten up to twice a day.

http://www.washingtonian.com/health/diets_skinny.h tml

Even if it works i wouldnt even let my dog go on that diet its crazy. I use to eat white bread like its going out of fashion, and after eating whole grain bread for a while now, when i eat white bread it tastes like cardboard no flavour Rolling Eyes. You eat what your eating now and try putting in good fats like flax seed, olive oil, fish oils and nuts in your diet and see how you go.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 04:13]

Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hit the mountains... makes you 'ard. there's heaps of good walking/running/riding trails around Canberra.

Mt.Majura and Mt.Ainslie are noice... do either, or BOTH Evil or Very Mad 2 or 3 afternoons a week. a steady walk up and down the front of Ainslie would probably only take an hour. combine it with a little bit of free-weights (set of dumbbells 4 teh gunzzz), some dips, some crunches, a few pull-ups, and you'll be cruising. Razz

but as the wise gentlemen in this thread have said, all you have to do is use the energy you put in...

1200det wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 13:52

I had grilled fish and salad for lunch with a bottle of water Smile see ive started lol

heh... i had a schnitzel with mushroom gravy, and a pint. i needed something to take my mind off the pie and iced coffee i had for breakfast... Very Happy

Edit: i r a good spellera.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 05:05]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 13:52

Thats the spirit, good choice of foods Very Happy .
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If you want to lose 10kg of ugly fat - cut off your head.

seeyuzz
river
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 15:41

Hi,

If you want to lose 10kg of ugly fat - cut off your head.

seeyuzz
river

No a leg is better and you need it less than a head Wink .
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remember that once you build those muscles they wont go away. Most ppl think that muscle turns to fat after periods of no use. This is wrong, and keep it in mind as its very good for motovation which i think is the hardest part of working out.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would recommend riding at least 3 times a week.Start of easy and work your way up to some longer rides.
Change the diet like GT said and do the weights as well.
I found that walking was to boring so the bike got the nod.Haven't felt this good for ages and lost 15kg so far. Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Just remember that once you build those muscles they wont go away. Most ppl think that muscle turns to fat after periods of no use. This is wrong, and keep it in mind as its very good for motovation which i think is the hardest part of working out.

Totally incorrect. If it were true we could all go to the gym for a few months and then just be 'Bufftron 2000' for the rest of our lives.

The term "Use it or lose it" is most appropriate to muscle. The human body will only put 'effort/resources' into maintaining muscle at a level necessary to meet the demands placed upon it (eg training/exercise/weights/day to day mobility).

For example, find someone with two muscly legs, set one in a cast for 6-8 weeks so they are unable to use it but ensure they continue to use the available leg. Remove the cast after the 6-8 week period and hey presto, one leg has massive muscle wasteage the other should be minimal to no muscle wasteage.

The myth that once muscle is bulked/toned it wont go away is perpetuated by stupid women as an excuse not to exercise.

The muscle turns to fat myth was debunked a long time ago, I thought everyone had gotten past that old wives tale Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going through this right now. I used to be somewhat energetic during high school, but towards the end of school, and all through uni, my exercise regime dropped off to what it is now...nothing.

Being blessed with the uber metabolism, I haven't put on any weight over the last few years, but I feel like shit.

Running bores me to tears, walking sucks ass (although my dogs would probably appreciate more of this which I plan to accomodate). Right now i'm in the process of getting myself a new bike, the last one I had was early high school, which is WAAY too small for me. I decided on a mountain bike, because I need something versatile, but i'll be grabbing a set of slicks for it because of all the road riding.

I've worked out a combo of train and bike that enables me to ride about 10km each way to and from work. Nothing big, but something that should be good a couple of times a week. If I'm feeling adventurous, I can ride with the sea breeze the ~35km home.

I also play squash once a week, which makes me sweat more than anything else i've ever done Razz

The only other advice I can offer is as GT said, a balanced diet. Don't cut anything out, but don't go nuts on bad food. Oh, and drink plenty of water.
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no thast not tru i think.... im pretty sure when u dont use ur muscles for a long time they do jsut turn to flab im not completly sure but i thinks its tru .after all thast what ahppend in kill bill uma had to get all her muscles back? ive gotta muscle i could give her Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not true. Muscle doesn't turn to fat, it just withers. The misconception probably comes from the fact that someone who loses all their muscle probably puts on fat through other means.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona crew wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 16:55

no thast not tru i think.... im pretty sure when u dont use ur muscles for a long time they do jsut turn to flab im not completly sure but i thinks its tru .after all thast what ahppend in kill bill uma had to get all her muscles back? ive gotta muscle i could give her Wink

English Wink , or atleast use the full stop properly --->.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

no thast not tru i think.... im pretty sure when u dont use ur muscles for a long time they do jsut turn to flab im not completly sure but i thinks its tru .after all thast what ahppend in kill bill uma had to get all her muscles back? ive gotta muscle i could give her

Thank you for posting absolute rubbish in what could only be described as craplish.

Please consider summer school as an option this coming school holidays.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u want to start running, go swimming first, do like 2-3 weeks of full on swimming only to help build some stenght up in your cardio. im getting back into the fitness and i started on running and my lungs are screaming for me to stop but getting back into surfing has been helping me a bit but i know for sure if i started off swmming itd be alot easier for me.

also get urself some decent shoes and try not to run on the road itll kill ur legs.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona crew wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 16:55

no thast not tru i think.... im pretty sure when u dont use ur muscles for a long time they do jsut turn to flab im not completly sure but i thinks its tru .

If you don't know, then don't post or take the time to use google and find out. English is a bloody good idea too.

People are born with a fixed number of muscle fibres/cells. By working out, these cells become enlarged (hypertrophied). When you stop working out, they go back to whatever size they need to be comensurate with whatever load you put on them. Hand in hand with reduced exercise goes weight gain, and no doubt this leads to general misconception that muscle turns to fat when you stop working out.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah try to do a variety of cardio workouts if you can, because it gets to a point where if you do, say, jogging all the time, you won't be able to push yourself as hard because your body tends to suit 'jogging' rather than general cardio work. I used to do running all the time, and was getting quite good at it but then i slacked off, my cardio hasn't really changed much in the past six months (according to my last physical results) but i suck really badly at running at the moment because my legs aren't as conditioned.

If you want to lose weight, you have to change your lifestyle really. In both the eating sense, and the physical exercise sense. The reason you started getting larger is because that's all the demands that are placed on your body by your lifestyle. So really you have to find *fun* ways of expending energy in your day. Like sport, walking, something social. Plus you have to watch what you eat.

Most of the time jogging/running/cycling/swimming is hell boring, and it's hard to stay motivated to do it on your own. If you can find someone to do it with, then that's good. If you don't find some other kind of motivation to do the exercise (for example i do lots of boring cardo because i would like to be more competitive at the next taekwondo tournament), then as soon as you are 'not fat' and happy with your body shape, you'll *probably* (not saying that this is always the case) just slack off and get fat again and constantly go through that cycle of putting on weight, then working it off etc.

Oh - and i hate these 'fad' diets. What most people SHOULD do is get an idea of what each kind of food can offer them and base their diet around what they expect their daily needs to be, and also ensure that they get the right balance of various nutrients etc. Of course you could always go see a dietician if you like.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few tips:

- Stop drinking coke, replace with mount franklin Wink
- If out drinking with mates, have spirits instead of beer.
- Caffeine enhances your metabolism, it does work, but isn't that great for you in the long term.
- Try to refrain from eating after 8pm. If you must, fruit.
- If you want a kick whilst training, creatine monohydrate. Cycle it once then don't use it again. It will help you get into the whole weight lifting routine.
- Sugar before weight lifting = good for promoting protein transport to the muscles after training.
- Sugar before cardio = baaaaad for fat burning.
- If its low fat, its high sugar and vice versa.

- Buy the greatest book in the world, Arnold Schwarzenegger: The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.

Good times!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Fri, 25 November 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 08:36

- Caffeine enhances your metabolism, it does work, but isn't that great for you in the long term.

Actually, 1-2 cups of coffee a day is quite healthy for you. It's just when you drink more than that when it starts getting bad.

Also tea has anti-oxidation properties. Some teas contain more caffeine than coffee as well.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sat, 26 November 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whether or not coffee/caffeine can have benefits depends whether you already have pre-existing conditions like hypertension or certain heart disease history in your family.
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sat, 26 November 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swimming is good for me.
I spend that much effort remembering to breathe, trying to stay afloat, and keeping myself straight in the lane that I dont have time to get bored like running.
I've been swimming for about 3 weeks now, and all of my upper body is noticably bigger already. More importantly, my lungs seem to be doing better.
Another bonus is that you dont get hot and sweaty, it's hard to do any real damage to yourself and I've noticed my skin - particularly on my back is clearer.

Anyhow, recommended.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sat, 26 November 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWDBoy raises a very good point by mentioning the required lifestyle change. This is what facilitates a transition to regular and effective excercise.

The truth of the matter is the vast majority of people who say "nah, I'm too busy" just have lazy habits. The busier you truly are, the better your time management becomes, and ev erything just seems to work. I speak from experience here: I was an elite triathlete training 14 times per week for three weeks and 7 times/week for 1 week. This, combined with an extended curriculum at school saw the best grades, sense well being and motivation I've ever had.

Of course, it doesn't have to be that involved to see positive health, fitness and lifestyle changes. For benefits over 6 weeks, try at least 3-4 sessions greater than 30mins at >65% maximum heart rate of cardio. This can be complemented by a low weight, high rep weights regime twice a week. As mentioned, you will notice results over 6 weeks!

I see a lot of people both fail and succeed at getting fit/healthy ('cos I service and sell copious amounts of gym equipment), and you can usually tell from the start who will succeed and who will fail.

Aaaaand... You cannot lose fat locally. Why do you think skinny women have small tits?
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sat, 26 November 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 08:36

- Buy the greatest book in the world, Arnold Schwarzenegger: The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.

Good times!

dont buy it

read

BUY STERIODS. well thats wat u wana do if u wana look like arnie!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sat, 26 November 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well if you're too lazy to get yourself a thinner body then you can try Uncle river's CS&C diet - my patented Coke, Smoke and Caffeine diet.

Snort some coke, smoke some ciggies and drink coffee (though tea is better 'cos it has a higher caffeine content). With all of that in you there'll be little urge to eat a lot. A bottle or two of red wine also can help - there's a "pork chop" in every glass.

You won't build big muscles, bit you'll lose weight and feel good doing it. While all your mates are busting their arses in gyms, running and cycling... getting all sweating and smelly, and tearing mucles, damaging cartlidge etc, you can lay on the lounge as high as a kite and watch the cricket all day and not still lose weight.

Remember, no one ever gets hurt falling of the lounge in a drunk, stoned, wasted stupor - which cannot be said for rigorous exercise.

www.rivers_csc_diet.com.au - Kerry Anne Kennely is going to have me on tne Morning Show to demonstrate my wonderous new diet. And, I think I'm gonna make a killing in Hollywood!!! Smile

seeyuzz
river
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sun, 27 November 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread has inspired me.

im gna go geta huge bowl of ice cream and beam n watch another movie.

then mite think about doing situps while i fall asleep in front of the telly.

cheers scott
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sun, 27 November 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf does everyone recon tea has more caffeen?? from experiance i could tell your wrong.
but heres proof:
Quote:

Does Tea Contain More Caffeine Than Coffee?
While coffee and tea are both sources of caffeine, the amounts of caffeine in any single serving of these beverages varies significantly. An average serving of coffee contains the most caffeine, yet the same serving size of tea provides only 1/2 to 1/3 as much.(Ref.: Caffeine by The Institute of Food Technologists' Expert Panel on Food Safety & Nutrition.) One of the more confusing aspects of caffeine content is the fact that coffee contains less caffeine than tea when measured in its dry form. The caffeine content of a prepared cup of coffee is significantly higher than the caffeine content of a prepared cup of tea.

Quote:

Caffeine Content Comparisons

The following is the
approximate caffeine content
of various beverages
Milligrams of Caffeine, Item Average per serving, Range Per ounce*
Coffee (5 oz. cup) 80 40 - 170 16.00
Cola (12 oz. can) 45 30 - 60 3.75
Black Tea (one tea bag) 40 25 - 110 5.00
Oolong Tea (one tea bag) 30 12 - 55 3.75
Green Tea (one tea bag) 20 8 - 30 2.50
White Tea (one tea bag) 15 6 - 25 2.00
Decaf Tea (one tea bag) 2 1 - 4 0.50
Herbal Tea (one tea bag) 0 0 0.00
*Assumes 8 ounces of water per tea bag

http://www.stashtea.com/caffeine.htm
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Sun, 27 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely do swimming, best cardio workout you can possibly do Razz

I stopped training (swimming) for 1 year now and very unfit, although im average weight still. Went for a 5km run with the gf yesterday morning and sore as hell now, but feel heaps good Very Happy

Swimming next week, if you have some spare time go to a gym Very Happy
NeoNasty
Regular

August 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Mon, 28 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been swimming for about a year now. I still cant swim for shit. But I know its doing me good. I also try to hit the gym about 5 times a week, usually make it 4. If your looking to buff up, check out abcbodybuilding.com They have heaps of usefull info, and arnt trying to sell you shit all the time.

You just have to look past the praise jesus attitude on there and its all good.

GL to you.
-Shaun
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Wed, 30 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are making a great first step with the diet change. Stick with it. Also be careful of Portion Sizes. Too much fish and salad is still too much! Try to keep red meat lean and down to 3 times per week. Beans are good replacement for meat as they fill you up and your body can't always use those carbos. There is a Rosemary Stanton (The fart queen) cookbook that has really good reading in there (not just recipes.)

Walking is a great start if you are doing no exercise. Walk after dinner, before breakfast, whenever. Take the lift up most of the way and use the stairs some. Park far away from the supermarket. Once you start to get into walking it can hurt your knees and ankles. So swim. Swimming is great (but you can get sore shoulders :S) So Run (Sore Knees again) or Ride (sore ass) But these are all really good exercises. Also, go to the Gym and do weights as well as cardio. Find the exercise mix that is right for you.

Walk to your local park in the morning and join in a Tai-Chi Class.

You NEED some low-mid level exercise for fat burning, some high level exercise (careful) for Cardio Pulmonary fitness, and some weight bearing exercise (For Bone Density and strength and fat burning power).
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Excercise ? Whats worthy walking , running , swimming ? Wed, 30 November 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quote:

Park far away from the supermarket.

That's an exercise most of us do (to the annoyance of our passengers) to avoid door dings and trolley prangs from uncoordinated morons Wink
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:i lost my license
Next Topic:Chuck Norris 'Facts'
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084159374237061 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.