Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
help needed plz Wed, 23 November 2005 10:14 Go to next message
heya i need some1s help in answerin some ques ive got on car amp n subs so if u can help me out plz pm me thanx guys
  Send a private message to this user  
Stretch
Regular

November 2004
Re: help needed plz Wed, 23 November 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might be a good idea to write up what the problem is then we can pm you with our 2 cents Rolling Eyes
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: help needed plz Wed, 23 November 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not just post up the questions?
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Wed, 23 November 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh sure, my bad... basically i got a mtx 400w rms sub n a mtx 200w rms mono amp, dont sound 2 good at the moment, sounds hollow in a way if u know wat i mean??? is it coz obviously i need a more powerful amp or the setup, box etc... just wana make sure b4 i go spendin more money on a new amp... pm me, thanx
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: help needed plz Wed, 23 November 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could be the box. could also be the fact amp isnt putting out enough to power the sub. you sub is 400W rms?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: help needed plz Wed, 23 November 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could be the box, the amp or the way you've got the levels and crossover set.

Vented boxes usually sound a bit more hollow and not as punchy / responsive but they usually produce more sound.

If your crossover frequency is high (e.g. 120hz) your sub will sound hollow... try around 80hz.
If you have a bass boost on your amp try turning it down (or off), often these can make your subs sound strange.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: help needed plz Thu, 24 November 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...more details needed.

Do not accuse the sub. 200W RMS will make noise in anything.

1. What is box? Ported or sealed? Rough dimensions too please, and port size (diameter X depth of tube).

2. What diameter is sub?

3. What is amp model? MTX road thunder 202?

4. How is amp set up? It should be;

a) Bridged; + - + -
................../.........\.................
Meaning thats how the wires to your sub should be goin.

b) Crossover switch set to LPF (unless you have a sub RCA from your source unit) And crossover knob set to ~100Hz

c) Level knob depends on your head unit but basically, turn off all bass and equaliser tuning on your source unit - ie. FLAT music. Turn the volume on source unit to approx 3/4. Slowly turn up level on amp unitl distortion is heard. Tune back until distortion dissappears.

SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: help needed plz Thu, 24 November 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have a sealed box and have the polarity the wrong way around it can sound very hollow also.....
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Thu, 24 November 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sealed box, monoblock, so doesnt need 2 be bridged n polarity is correct so cant be that, i checked up the mtx website 4 the specs 4 my sub n they reckon that all my sub needs is an amp between 75w - 400w rms so amp should be good enuff... so knw im thinkin its my box... wat r ur thoughts on the matter now??? thanx
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: help needed plz Thu, 24 November 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try moing the box around... rammin ginto the backseat doesnt always produce the best sound.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: help needed plz Fri, 25 November 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 01:28

try moing the box around... rammin ginto the backseat doesnt always produce the best sound.

I think in the whole history of car steroes there was one guy... nope sorry, his sounded crap too. Just dont do it!

Bass production is about reverberation so why fire all that energy straight into a nice big foam log to soak it up...

I laffs a some ppl's...

soar11n; have you set up many systems yourself before. Im jus tryin to get an idea of your level of understanding. Where are your crossovers & level set to. Does source unit have sub preout?

Iv seen one or two ppl in my time accidently run a high pass filter on a dedicated sub pre out. Thats a guaranteed way to get shit muffled sound...
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: help needed plz Fri, 25 November 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9536/mtx8tj.jpg

soar11n,

i see that you did say its a monoblock. Sorry. I have a question tho coz ive seen these amps but not really looked closely at em (didnt realise it was monoblock). I just assumed it was like mine which is an RT202D...

Now i have 2 channels and my amp looks exactly like yours. Thats why i didn realise. Mine can run bridged using the terminals highlighted in yellow.

Why is there four connections for one channel coz that is a pic of your model not mine?
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Fri, 25 November 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 the question of y i have 2 speaker outputs on my amp, i really dont know, im guessin that it can take up to 2 speakers runnin at bridged yet still producin enough power... ???
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: help needed plz Fri, 25 November 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 18:33

2 the question of y i have 2 speaker outputs on my amp, i really dont know, im guessin that it can take up to 2 speakers runnin at bridged yet still producin enough power... ???

what does the manual say? have you emailed the company that made your amp?
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Fri, 25 November 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 ur question oldcorollas wat did u wana know in the manual? also wat question do u think i should email 2 the manufacturer in regards 2 my amp? thanx bro
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: help needed plz Fri, 25 November 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 20:18

2 ur question oldcorollas wat did u wana know in the manual? also wat question do u think i should email 2 the manufacturer in regards 2 my amp? thanx bro

how about you just copy and paste the below and see what their response is Wink

Quote:

heya i need some1s help in answerin some ques ive got on car amp n subs so if u can help me out plz pm me thanx guys

basically i got a mtx 400w rms sub n a mtx 200w rms mono amp, dont sound 2 good at the moment, sounds hollow in a way if u know wat i mean??? is it coz obviously i need a more powerful amp or the setup, box etc... just wana make sure b4 i go spendin more money on a new amp... pm me, thanx

sealed box, monoblock, so doesnt need 2 be bridged n polarity is correct so cant be that, i checked up the mtx website 4 the specs 4 my sub n they reckon that all my sub needs is an amp between 75w - 400w rms so amp should be good enuff... so knw im thinkin its my box... wat r ur thoughts on the matter now??? thanx

but mostly

Quote:

if you don't know what the terminals are for, how can you be sure it's hooked up right? look in the manual you got with the amp and see what it says about those terminals Rolling Eyes

surely i don't need to spell it out?
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Sat, 26 November 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u retarded? as if i dont know wat each teminal stands for, secondly i dont need 2 look in the manual because it goes +-+-, oh shit that must mean it can only hook up 1 sub! dickhead, have u even seen the amp? or are u just talkin shit out of ur ass???
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: help needed plz Sat, 26 November 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uh oh, some little shit got up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

if you knew how amps and subs worked then you wouldn't be asking people in here questions,car audio isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world.

go to www.bcae1.com and read the whole site.

for the record, i'm running a single 10 inch sub in a sealed box off one/two bridged channels of a 4 channel 200 watt amp and it is fine, so i dont think power is your problem.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2005 12:45]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: help needed plz Sat, 26 November 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n, you need to hook the battery terminals directly to those -+-+

That should teach him Evil or Very Mad

soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Sun, 27 November 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would i want to do that for? they're for sub outputs not power input... ???
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: help needed plz Sun, 27 November 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn!

plan foiled dingaling
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help needed plz Sun, 27 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will all of you retards hurry up and help this immature piece of shit with his stupid questions before he loses ALL patience with you and starts posting unintelligible gibberish?

Oh wait... Rolling Eyes
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: help needed plz Sun, 27 November 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on guys this really is a simple question. Im not asking you to perform a miracle here. Im just asking if you think it's my box or lack of power input to my subwoofer thats all. So stop it with the stupid responses and try to grow up yourselves!!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: help needed plz Sun, 27 November 2005 09:09 Go to previous message
soar11n,

buddy several people have TRIED to help you, and given you more help than you would've got asking the question down at your local Strathfield Car Audio workshop...... so abusing people, especially long standing respected members, is certainly not going to do you any favours.

Might i suggest the following:
# consult a professional
# consult the manufacturer
# seek the help of someone in the know
# try the car audio australia forums/website
# using english

You've got all the help you need now. Good luck to you.

LOCKED.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system?
Next Topic:Can or has anyone drifted there celica TA22 LT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:39:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006397008895874 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.