Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:31 Go to next message
by 2 different people, ive been told 2 completely different things.

as most would know by now im doing a RWD 20v conversion. im running a microtech LTX10 and not using the dizzy cap or rotator button for ignition, instead im using coil packs. i currently have 4AGZE coil packs but ive been told that the bosch ones are better. should i sell the GZE ones and buy the bosch ones when i get my microtech? will they perform better than the GZE ones, and more importantly WHY.

thankyou
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who are these two people (credentials) and what is the basis for each of their comments?

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i emailed microtech and asked them, but when they suggested bosch coils they also added to order them when i order the computer so im not sure if they are just trying to sell me shit or not. they never gave an explanation as to why they were better which is what i want.

the other guy is the person who is tuning dans (flynsx) car. from the advise given to him by his tuner he's gone from bosch coils back to GZE ones but same story havent been given an explantion as to why its a better option.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why don't you just try the GZE coils 1st since you've already got those? I was talking to SAS the other week and asked about the dual coils i have and Rod was saying they would be fine.

The only reason i'm contemplating changing is to go for individual coils simply for the convenience of being able to place them where ever i want them.

If you have real issues with the GZE coils you can always swap them later without too much hassle.

Eddie.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting.

My tuner recommends the ZE coils also and said with back to back testing has found they produce a stronger spark than the bosch coils.

On an internally stock 20V either coil will be fine.

At my tuners they have some thing called a 'spark tester' and basically they test coils on it for the strength/length of spark they produce. Of the coils they last tested the ZE ones produced the strongest/longest spark, bosch had a coil that came close and the nissan coils were well back.

Dan is running big boost and will be 'blowing' the spark out, hence wanted the strongest ignition possible, your 20V shouldnt have this issue.

Basically you will be fine either way.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ze twin packs are better because they are basically 2 coils running in parallel! Running 2 coils like this produces nearly double the back EMF.
You could achieve the same by running 2 of the Bosch coils in parallel.
The only thing I dislike about the ze twin packs is the crap shape they are, making it difficult to mount them Confused
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^Nice one Shane, an actual technical explanation, thanks for that.

Edit: I'll second the shape problem, rarely have I seen them mounted nicely.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 13:00]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE or aftermarket Bosch coils for 20v - which are best? Fri, 25 November 2005 13:04 Go to previous message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 23:59

Edit: I'll second the shape problem, rarely have I seen them mounted nicely.

sounds like a challange Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ma70 auto.. no 2nd gear
Next Topic:What the hell is this??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:53:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040988922119141 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.