Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Best handling corolla?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
driftos
Newcomer

October 2005
Best handling corolla? Mon, 31 October 2005 04:14 Go to next message
Hey guys i am thinkin of getting a 90 sx rolla and using it racing on dandynong mountains sortov thing... wats the best cheap car for that sortov racing... pug 205 example..

ae82 corolla sx
ae92 coroola sx
162 celica?

not too worried about power.. just the handling Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best handling corolla? Mon, 31 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just buy the pug as it will shit all over the rest of the cars you have mentioned
note: these cost a fortune to mantain properly
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Best handling corolla? Mon, 31 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftos wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 15:14

using it racing on dandynong mountains sortov thing...

Rolling Eyes

my ae82 handles pretty well around tight corners (very low stiff suspension + 195/60/r14)

theres a thred someplace with info on ae82 suspension

just depends how much u wanna spend in total and in the long run (ie. stack damage)
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Best handling corolla? Mon, 31 October 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the best one is the one the has the most money and knowledge thrown at it.think of a basic platform that you can get for the least money and put the money into it.the best way is to buy one that has had money and time already put into it.
mick
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Best handling corolla? Tue, 01 November 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probaly a KE70 sedan. Coil sprung rear, plug in 4A engine option, good RWD dynamics, cheap to fix and replace, basic and easy to upgrade. More rigid chassis and less Tak tax than AE86.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Best handling corolla? Tue, 01 November 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you reject the cheap requisite I think a Lancia Delta HF Integrale would be teh roxor.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best handling corolla? Tue, 01 November 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 20:39

If you reject the cheap requisite I think a Lancia Delta HF Integrale would be teh roxor.

yeah at 60-80 grand for the car lol.
>>ae82 stlye<<
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Best handling corolla? Tue, 01 November 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple buy an ae82!

cheap, plenty of mods available and handles like its on rails

pug will cost double the purchase price to fix
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best handling corolla? Wed, 02 November 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 20:56

September_Squall wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 20:39

yeah at 60-80 grand for the car lol.

i can get 5 of these for 15 grand each at the moment
lhd though
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best handling corolla? Wed, 02 November 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>>ae82 stlye<< wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 23:40

simple buy an ae82!

cheap, plenty of mods available and handles like its on rails

pug will cost double the purchase price to fix

what so it has a 100m radius turning circle Razz
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Best handling corolla? Fri, 04 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't know that Intergrales went for so much money over here, they were all in left hand drive in Europe as far as I know. Great car, but if your going to trash it you should probably have a parts van following you like a rally team because their not the most reliable car on the road.
KrAzE
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Best handling corolla? Sun, 06 November 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think if your after the handling factor only, then you really cant go past a rwd-rear engine car.. for example the AW11 would be great around a track..
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: Best handling corolla? Wed, 23 November 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I happen to like FWD and my ae82 has to be the best car I've ever thrown around a corner. It's a bit understeery at the moment so I occasionally handbrake it just to keep the nose in check but when I get the new rear swaybar, I hope it'll just go round.
Most corners are like rails, but when you push as hard as I do, the limits start to appear.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Best handling corolla? Sat, 26 November 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the limits of that particular car, your understeering ae82 Smile
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best handling corolla? Sat, 26 November 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myne wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 22:47

I happen to like FWD and my ae82 has to be the best car I've ever thrown around a corner. It's a bit understeery at the moment so I occasionally handbrake it just to keep the nose in check but when I get the new rear swaybar, I hope it'll just go round.
Most corners are like rails, but when you push as hard as I do, the limits start to appear.

dont bother with the handbrake. learn how to use your left foot. a quick jab will reduce understeer through a corner by shifting the weight off the rear wheels casuing the rear to tail out a little or alot depending how hard u hit the brakes.
Batman
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Best handling corolla? Mon, 12 December 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most of the Corolla's in the NSW Improved Production race series seem to be AE82's. So I assume they must handle well and be easy to modify.

Although the winner of the under 2L class this year drove a KE25 with a 20V motor.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best handling corolla? Mon, 12 December 2005 11:29 Go to previous message
hehe that car was out drifting a couple weeks back, theres also a AE86 with a 3sge that last I heard was off the track but it was winning a lot of races a last year and before that Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Your Track Weapon?
Next Topic:Which car to buy for the Nurburgring Race Track????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:24:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060939788818359 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.