Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » yo help needed...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 10:05 Go to next message
hey there, i was wonderin if some1 can help me on some ques on car amp n subs, so if u can help me out plz pm me or wateva, thanx heaps
  Send a private message to this user  
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics of your soarer first then we can help you j.k Wink , so what do you want to know?.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would you like to post the question so we can ALL help you which is the purpose of a forum....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=forum

fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
A court of law; a tribunal.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 10:26]

soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically i got a mtx 400w rms sub n mtx 200w rms amp, the bass is prety shity than i expected, so is it obviously bcoz my amp aint powerful enuff or my setup, box etc??? pm me thanx
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well by the looks of it your amp has 1/2 the power of your sub, so there's your 1st problem...

2nd, is that the sub may fuck up because it's being severely under powered.
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow I read the title and thought it was a thread relating to people that can't spell properly and it was to take the piss out of some kid acting like a bit of an idiot with his words...go figure.

Why the hell can't you use words that are in the Oxford dictionary?
'bcoz' is not a word.
'n' is a partial word.
'enuff' is not a word.
You managed to get 'thanx' so it shouldn't have taken much effort to change the 'x' to a 'k' and add an 's'.

Please. It isn't that hard to go that extra mile.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barnsey, you missed a heap!

Quote:

hey there, i was wonderin if some1 can help me on some ques on car amp n subs, so if u can help me out plz pm me or wateva, thanx heaps

hey - Hey (Capitalisation)
i - I (Capitalisation)
wonderin - wondering (Incorrect spelling)
some1 - someone (Digit used where not appropriate)
ques - questions (Incorrect spelling)
n - and (Incorrect spelling)
plz - please (Incorrect spelling)
wateva - whatever (Incorrect spelling)
thanx - thanks (Incorrect spelling)

A little extra effort goes a long way.

In regards to your question, is it loud enough? Or does it just sound very poor? What sort of setup is it currently in? Is it ported or not? Does the box perhaps have some leaks? Is the box made from poor materials?

Under powering a sub will not ruin it, UNLESS it is clipping. I have an 1800WRMS sub running off a 350WRMS amp. Have been doing this for a long time. Never skipped a beat. But I have never pushed it beyond it's limits.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 06:51

Quote:

i - I (Capitalisation)

In regards to your question, is it loud enough? Or does it just sound very poor? What sort of setup is it currently in? Is it ported or not? Does the box perhaps have some leaks? Is the box made from poor materials?

Under powering a sub will not ruin it, UNLESS it is clipping. I have an 1800WRMS sub running off a 350WRMS amp. Have been doing this for a long time. Never skipped a beat. But I have never pushed it beyond it's limits.

What sub do you have that can take 1800wrms?, DigitalDesign?.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: yo help needed... Wed, 23 November 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sub is a 12' Adire Audio Brahma.
I would also like to make a correction (I just checked the manual) it is 1600WRMS, not 1800WRMS.
It's currnetly tuned to 26Hz and I feed it 350WRMS, which is more than enough for me. I'd love to feed it more. But don't have any more powerful amps for it yet.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 08:36

my sub is a 12' Adire Audio Brahma.
I would also like to make a correction (I just checked the manual) it is 1600WRMS, not 1800WRMS.
It's currnetly tuned to 26Hz and I feed it 350WRMS, which is more than enough for me. I'd love to feed it more. But don't have any more powerful amps for it yet.

Ok adire brahma needs no introduction Wink .
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol jesus fuckin christ wat da fuck r u an English teacha!!! n hold up now ur religious 2 n u dont like wat i just said? ... well 2 bad, thats just the way this shit is, life goes on, n 2 the ppl who r actually tryin 2 help, thanx heaps
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude if you are going to be on this forum, speak normally like an educated person. Yes im a Nazi but I dont want this forum to turn to shit.

Post on
fastfours.com.au

that is an awsome forum.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 08:44]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 18:24

lol jesus fuckin christ wat da fuck r u an English teacha!!! n hold up now ur religious 2 n u dont like wat i just said? ... well 2 bad, thats just the way this shit is, life goes on, n 2 the ppl who r actually tryin 2 help, thanx heaps

This is an internet forum - it helps if you express yourself clearly - that's just the way this forum is.

It is not a mobile phone.

There is no need to be typing one-handed (in smspeek) unless your other hand is furiously batting off another appendage.

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 18:54

You need to help yourself before we can help you.
SPEAK ENGLISH
I'm with you Rex Kelway, this society is full of idiots now. Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 12:03]

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 18:54

'wat' Not a word
'da' Not a word
'r' Not a word
'u' Not a word
'teacha' Not a word
'n' Not a word
'ur' Not a word
'2' I am pretty sure this is a number and actually should be a word
'u' *Sigh* again not a word
'2' Again wrong use of a number
'n' Not a word
'2' Wrong again
'ppl' Not a word
'r' Not a word
'thanx' Again you spelt it wrong
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 19:24

ANZ PRYDE YO'!!! w00t w00t we gonna ryde fo carlamatta and pick up fork loll and eat
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 23:38

soar11n wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 19:24

ANZ PRYDE YO'!!! w00t w00t we gonna ryde fo carlamatta and pick up fork loll and eat

Yes. Asian pride. So now have some pride, learn to speak and type english properly, and not bring us all down to your level.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you'd like some help, perhaps give us more information or answer the questions I asked earlier. If you are too lazy to scroll up, here they are again:

Please take on board what others have said about your attitude. I don't have a problem helping but you wouldn't walk into your doctor and go
"'sup D. Bro, I feel like shiz and I'm crook as a mofo. Make me feel better dawg" - and then continue to talk in some way they can't understand.
I am sure you would give them some respect and tell them what your problem actually is. The same thing applies here.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: yo help needed... Thu, 24 November 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 09:38

I don't have a problem helping but you wouldn't walk into your doctor and go
"'sup D. Bro, I feel like shiz and I'm crook as a mofo. Make me feel better dawg" - and then continue to talk in some way they can't understand.
I am sure you would give them some respect and tell them what your problem actually is. The same thing applies here.

Sorry but I had to Laughing at your analogy. I could just see my DR's face if you spoke to him like that.
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: yo help needed... Fri, 25 November 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucken hell get over it!!! n get a life! if u got a problem keep it 2 urself, if u dont wana help then dont no drama, i spell howeva the fuck i want, i can do it properly but i dont wana especially now that u faggots r goin on bout it so now im here 2 piss u off!! so wat the fuck r u gona do bout it?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: yo help needed... Fri, 25 November 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 18:23

fucken hell get over it!!! n get a life! if u got a problem keep it 2 urself, if u dont wana help then dont no drama, i spell howeva the fuck i want, i can do it properly but i dont wana especially now that u faggots r goin on bout it so now im here 2 piss u off!! so wat the fuck r u gona do bout it?

laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

and then later when someone bumps the thread back up.. we can all laugh again Laughing Laughing

oh, and say goodbye to you when this forum closes in a few days or so Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 13:46]

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Fri, 25 November 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar11n wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 17:53

f***** hell get over it!!! n get a life! if u got a problem keep it 2 urself, if u dont wana help then dont no drama, i spell howeva the f*** i want, i can do it properly but i dont wana especially now that u faggots r goin on bout it so now im here 2 piss u off!! so wat the f*** r u gona do bout it?

your first profanity is spelt incorrect
'n' Not a word.
'u' Not a word.
'2' Incorrect use of a number.
'urself' Not a word.
'u' Not a word
'dont' Normally I would let this slide as I am a culprit of this but hey just thought I would add it anyway, you forgot the apostrophe. Say it with me, we can say it phonetically together: "AY-POS-TRO-FEEEE"
'howeva' Not a word.
'wana' Not a word.
'faggot' Incorrect context of the word. This word is used in whats known as "Gutter speak" when you are afraid of your own sexuality. It's ok you can embrace it, we here at Toymods are an accepting bunch.
'r' Not a word.
'goin' Oh so close, you just needed the 'g'.
'bout' Again close, the word is prefixed with an 'a'.
'2' Again wrong use of a number...the funny thing is by now we could have trained a monkey to stop using a number at this point and instead adopt the correct usage of the word instead ('to' by the way). It's ok I am happy to keep working with you, you might be a little slow but I enjoy the challenge.
'u' Not a word.
'wat' Another word that you almost got correct. Hint: you are missing a 'h'.
'r' Not a word.
'u' Not a word.
'gona' This is interesting. Even in slang form this is spelt 'gonna' so you almost were able to slang type, but unfortunately you couldn't even manage that.
'bout' Forgot the 'a' again you duffa.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 15:31]

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Fri, 25 November 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I just found a way to read some of your posts
Unfortunately even the translator had trouble in some parts, it couldn't interpret the word 'urself' or 'wnt' or 'gona', so if you could modify that for me next time so the translator can pick it up that would be great.
If you would like help with your problem (the other one, not your language difficulties) you could try typing into this little program first and it should help you out. Copy the text and paste it up here and we should then be able to read it and help you out.

http://www.transl8it.com/cgi-win/index.pl

anyway here is how your translated post comes out:
Not to bad I say considering how atrocious it looked initially.

f***** hell get over it!!! and get a life! if you got a problem keep it to urself, if you dont want to help then dont know drama, i spell howeva the f*** i wnt, i can do it properly but i dont want to especially now that you faggots are going on about it so now I am here to piss you off!! so what the f*** are you gona do about it?

soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: yo help needed... Sat, 26 November 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, fuck ur a funny cunt!!! how about we look at ur name "Barned01" n have a great laugh, n dont 4get "Xolent". spell ur shit right then maybe i just might??? yeh?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: yo help needed... Sat, 26 November 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 06:51

Quote:

i - I (Capitalisation)

Under powering a sub will not ruin it, UNLESS it is clipping. I have an 1800WRMS sub running off a 350WRMS amp. Have been doing this for a long time. Never skipped a beat. No subject. But I have never pushed it beyond it's limits.

Have been doing this for a long time. A sentence requires a subject.
Never skipped a beat. Once again, where is the subject?
But I have never pushed it beyond it's limit. You cannot begin a sentence with but unless it is part of a clause. Secondly, there is no apostrophe in its.
It's = it is.
Its = ownership.
You do not use an apostrophe to show ownership in the case of the word its.
Whilst amp is in the Oxford dictionary (informal noun, short for amplifier) the definitions for sub are:
Informal noun, short for submarine.
Informal verb, short for substitute.
Maybe you should type out the entire word subwoofer instead?

Congratulations, you are a grade A f*cking wanker. How about you correct your mistakes before becoming a grammar Nazi? You are a stupid try-hard.

LOL!!11oneone

Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2005 18:31]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: yo help needed... Sat, 26 November 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 09:38

If you'd like some help, perhaps give us more information or answer the questions I asked earlier. If you are too lazy to scroll up, here they are again:

Please take on board what others have said about your attitude. I don't have a problem helping but you wouldn't walk into your doctor and go

No, I think he'd say that.
I don't think he'd walk into the doctor either. He might walk in to the doctor's office.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: yo help needed... Sat, 26 November 2005 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How's it going champion?
barned01 wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 02:18

your first profanity is spelt incorrect incorrectly. Also you are missing a full-stop.
'n' Not a word.
'u' Not a word.
'2' Incorrect use of a number.
'urself' Not a word.
'u' Not a word
'dont' Normally I would let this slide as I am a culprit of this but hey just thought I would add it anyway, you forgot the apostrophe. You should have started a new sentence with 'You'.
Say it with me, we can say it phonetically together: "AY-POS-TRO-FEEEE" Do you think you can remember that the next time you use its?
'howeva' Not a word.
'wana' Not a word.
'faggot' Incorrect context of the word. This word is used in whats known as "Gutter speak" when you are afraid of your own sexuality. No apostrophe in what's. It's ok you can embrace it, we here at Toymods are an accepting bunch.You should've begun a new sentece with 'we'. The use of a semicolon is also acceptable as both sentences are principle clauses.
'r' Not a word.
'goin' Oh so close, you just needed the 'g'.
'bout' Again close, the word is prefixed with an 'a'. No it isn't.
The word begins with an 'a'. Apple is not prefixed with an 'a'. Banana is not prefixed with a 'b'. The definition of prefix is a word element attatched to the beginning of a word to alter its meaning. About is not prefixed with an 'a' because a prefix must be attatched to a word. Bout on its own is not a word.

'2' Again wrong use of a number...the funny thing is by now we could have trained a monkey to stop using a number at this point and instead adopt the correct usage of the word instead ('to' by the way). 'Use' not usage. Usage is a guide on how to use something properly; use means "one or more instances of using something".
It's ok I am happy to keep working with you, you might be a little slow but I enjoy the challenge. Again, this should be two sentences or you should've used a semicolon instead of a comma.
'u' Not a word.
'wat' Another word that you almost got correct. Hint: you are missing a 'h'.
'r' Not a word.
'u' Not a word.
'gona' This is interesting. Even in slang form this is spelt 'gonna' so you almost were able to slang type, but unfortunately you couldn't even manage that.
Almost were able? Able to almost. Slang type? Do you say English type? You should have used 'type in slang form' instead of 'slang type'.
'bout' Forgot the 'a' again you duffa.

Obviously he 'lykz to tok lyk dis' and it's annoying but he isn't going to change. He's not even trying to make an attempt. Posting a link to a site that teaches grammar is fair enough although I'm not even sure it was you who posted it. You're just a complete dickhead though. What you're doing is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. I hope you grow up one day.
soar11n
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: yo help needed... Sun, 27 November 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha! Yeah you tell them Thu187. Thanks mate.
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: yo help needed... Sun, 27 November 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thu187 as I respect your opinions I will take that info on board and formally apologise to all the toymods members for my behaviour.
I didn't realise how much of an idiot I sounded like.

I did however feel that as a forum that was for all members who were grown up, we were all able to take criticism on board and learn from our ways and from others.

If you feel that soar11n is correct and contributing to these forums in a positive way and they are making a usefull contribution then so be it.
My bad

I for one however can't wait for the new forums to start as people like Soar11n probably won't join if they have to construct a legible sentence.
Even with the typos and grammer I was at least able to understand Sigmeister and what he had to say. I am still struggling with Soar11n's attitude towards everyone here and his/her contempt and ignorance towards their suggestions and tips to give him/her a solution to his/her problem.

One thing is for sure I won't be around on that forum if people post in SMS speak like soar11n either (soar11n I was impressed you even kept the characters to less that 300 just like a true SMS'er) and swear at suggestions to help (looking at their double post of the same topic with the same lack of information with the same contempt for tips on helping them).

So sad
Damien
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: yo help needed... Sun, 27 November 2005 09:56 Go to previous message
this topic doesnt deserve the bandwidth it has already wasted...

LOCKED.

DON'T SPAM THE FORUMS
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Wax on Wax off... RIP :(
Next Topic:aussie
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:36:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063779354095459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.