Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » front brake upgrade:who would be interested?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Tue, 18 October 2005 10:33 Go to next message
designing a front brake upgrade kit for ae82 ae 92 ae101,it consists of st205 gt4 front rotors(315mm dia.) wilwood calipers ARP wheel studs,caliper mounts,spacers,new modified hubs,all parts to complete the job,will be straight bolt up kit.

i have all but completed this mod for my own car that i am turning into a super sprint car.

i will post pics in the next few days.

Brad 0419492236.

let me know if you are interested,i haven't worked out a firm price as of yet,but if you can work out a rough cost looking at cailpers,rotors,arp studs and then allow for machining work.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 00:54]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Tue, 18 October 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levinracer wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 20:33

designing a front brake upgrade kit for ae82 ae 92 ae101,it consists of st205 gt4 front rotors(315mm dia.) wilwood calipers ARP wheel studs,caliper mounts,spacers,new modified hubs,all parts to complete the job,will be straight bolt up kit.

i have all but completed this mod for my own car that i am turning into a super sprint car.

i will post pics in the next few days.

Brad 0419492236.

let me know if you are interested,i have worked out a firm price as of yet,but if you can work out a rough cost looking at cailpers,rotors,arp studs and then allow for machining work.

so you are offering to share the info and provide the machined parts required? or selling as a whole kit?

looks like a great upgrade tho Smile are the wilwoods engineerable?
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Tue, 18 October 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be interested. all comes down to cost, legality and practicality.
sounds good though Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Tue, 18 October 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and unless you plan on telling us how to build this ourselves - this isnt 'tech and conversions'

and if its a group buy (commercial Rolling Eyes ??) youll need to run it by the board
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Wed, 19 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at this point in time until i have finished the project i am just merely trying to gauge whether people are interested or not,once i have done that i will establish what it is going to cost.

i cant see a problem with engineering this mod.

315mm rotors will require a 16" rim,to get it under a 15" rim the dia. will need too be machined down arond 15mm.

brad 0419492236

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 01:00]

faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Wed, 19 October 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested depending on costs
beaky
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Wed, 19 October 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be interested, pending costs.

and whether or not i get hit with another speeding fine Nope

cheers
GUN-16L
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Wed, 19 October 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would be interested pending price as well??
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Thu, 20 October 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics up in the next few days,i tell you,this package look awesome.there is a fair bit of machine work involved,but thats typical of a brake conversion.

brad 0419492236
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Tue, 08 November 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still awaiting pics Confused
any results?
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Wed, 09 November 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all machine work is done,awaiting calipers from the states to arrive,should be a few weeks.

brad
KE301977
Regular

April 2005

Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Mon, 14 November 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am very interested in it for a ke55 , would it fit and of course the cost . cool .
Chauncy hun hun
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Thu, 17 November 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested in brake mods for my twin cam ae82 about to purchase trd coils and in need of upgraded brakes keep the info comin
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Sat, 26 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just bought myself a digital camera,stay posted
chrismiass
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Sun, 27 November 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am very interested to for a ae92 rolla

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2005 11:32]

Moppitt
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Sun, 27 November 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested pending price and reports on successful engineering.
Moppitt
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Thu, 01 December 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any news yet?
You said that to fit under a 15' wheel the discs would need machineing down by 15mm. Wouldnt it be the calipers that need to have the clearence?

Im excited about the prospect though.
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Sat, 03 December 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on the offset and rim style,u need +38 no shallower,all but done just waiting on calipers from the states,i am going to run outlaw 3000 multi piston,these are the same bolt pattern as superlites but a much nicer caliper,nicer=more expensive though.

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: front brake upgrade:who would be interested? Mon, 05 December 2005 04:56 Go to previous message
im interested. whats the price?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Name of these mags !
Next Topic:AW11 big brake setup with car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:02:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052969455718994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.