Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Fri, 25 November 2005 05:51 Go to next message
Hey,
My mate and i are soon to convert his RA23 with a 1GGTE transplant. With the abundance of information on this conversion the only thing that we cant work out is the fuel system. At the moment we have a lift pump and a Walbro gss341 high pressure fuel pump. We plan on using a a surge tank but are not sure on how to mount the pump in the tank? Any suggestions.
Another problem is we are wanting to run a hard line, unless there is a better solution for the fuel. How would you go about conection the hard line to the pump?

Could someone also reccomend a fuel pressure regulator as i dont believe that the stock ones on the fuel rail will work but please correct me if i am wrong.

THanks guys, and if you know of any info on the web that has some good explinations to do this that would be great.
  Send a private message to this user    
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Fri, 25 November 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i guess the Walbro GSS341 is a in-tank pump?
If so, youll probably want to ditch it for an external high pressure pump like everyone else uses.
You could use it i guess, but itll reduce the effectivness of a surge tank and the tank will need to be a decent amount larger than normal.

As for a "hard line", why?
Any real reason you want to do this?

The current (stock) fuel regulator should be fine.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Sat, 26 November 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the assumption that an engineer would not pass a soft line. Also it seems more reliable in way that it would be more resistant to abuse or what not, being made of steel rather then rubber.

Ahh yeah its an internal one. Why would this reduce the effectiveness of the surge tank? It is still just a constant volume of fuel.

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Sat, 26 November 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in Qld an engineer will be 'reluctant' to pass a car with significant amounts of flexible EFI hose under the car. They'll be OK with flex line form the tank to the surge-tank and from there to the EFI pump.

Having said that, the wreck that i bought for its 1GGTE had flex line all the way from the external pump up to the manifold and everything was zip-tied to the underchassis - including the pump. i think the engineer didn't even look under the car.

just use the existing hard lines for the fuel up/return lines to the engine bay - they'll flow enough fuel with the right pump down at the tank. Use EFI hose for the plumbing between various pumps, filters and tanks that you'll have down the back.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2005 03:33]

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Sun, 27 November 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 10:58

Ahh yeah its an internal one. Why would this reduce the effectiveness of the surge tank? It is still just a constant volume of fuel.

Because it wont be sucking fuel from the very bottom of the tank, hence why it then might need a larger tank.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Sun, 27 November 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you mount the pump at the bottom of the surge tank it will make SFA difference.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 1GGTE RA23 conversion: Fuel system? Sun, 27 November 2005 09:14 Go to previous message
have a look at my FAQ on EFI fuel systems on the new forums

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=467

then do a little searching with google targeting this website: forums.toymods.org.au

you should from these pages learn a heck of a lot about EFI fuel systems... all the info is there, you just ahve a read a little Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:English Install Manual for Blitz Dual SBC Spec R
Next Topic:help needed plz
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:31:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057649612426758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.