Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pprotagem
Occasional Poster

June 2004
doin a turbo on a 4k Sun, 27 November 2005 07:59 Go to next message
Hey everybody i was interested to no if there is any use doin a turbo on a 4k motor any info would help.
cheers pprotagem
  Send a private message to this user    
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Sun, 27 November 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not really...

love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Sun, 27 November 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic =2341

rollaclub is a much nicer environment than the toymod ennvironment (it has to be said) plus they have good info, if i was you spend more time there than here
~andrew~

p.s. its not all toymodders that are the issue, alot of u guys are great, but some of the long standing members who are under the impression they are the shit are very annoying and although they may know alot the dont like to help and when they do they act superior, aka they are wankers.
that is all Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Mon, 28 November 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love ke70 wrote on Sun, 27 November 2005 23:56

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic =2341

rollaclub is a much nicer environment than the toymod ennvironment (it has to be said) plus they have good info, if i was you spend more time there than here
~andrew~

p.s. its not all toymodders that are the issue, alot of u guys are great, but some of the long standing members who are under the impression they are the shit are very annoying and although they may know alot the dont like to help and when they do they act superior, aka they are wankers.
that is all Smile

usually that is a reaction to poor posting. Rolling Eyes
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Mon, 28 November 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sometimes it is
but im not here to argue, i appreciate the toymods community for what ive learnt from it, and it is a good place to learn, just not as friendly as other forums.
that is all.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Mon, 28 November 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love ke70 wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 13:12

sometimes it is
but im not here to argue, i appreciate the toymods community for what ive learnt from it, and it is a good place to learn, just not as friendly as other forums.
that is all.

other forums may be friendly, but usually lack the depth of technical expertise.

usually it's a given that if someone has car technical expertise and spends a lot of times on forums answering others questions... they will get a bit grumpy from time to time Wink
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Mon, 28 November 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i can understand what your saying, and the help that toymods offers is truly appreciated. i was prob a bit harsh last night, as you guys are probably the most informed forum ive come across in the tech side of things.

good work guys Rolling
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: doin a turbo on a 4k Mon, 28 November 2005 05:26 Go to previous message
Quote:

other forums may be friendly, but usually lack the depth of technical expertise.

(DJ PANFA)BANG! You hit the nail on the head Wink

Quote:

is any use doin a turbo on a 4k motor

There are too many factors to be able to give a definitive answer. Just focussing on cost I would say that unless you can do it all yourself and have half the parts just laying around anyway then no, it's probably not a worthwhile investment in time or money.

If however you can do it all yourself and just want a "project" for something to do then go for it.

There are several ways you could tackle this "project" but the simplest/cheapest/shittest way would probably be a low boost setup using a small turbo running off a J-pipe and either using a draw through carbie setup or a blow through carby setup. Neither setup is fantastic but for a bit of fun they work ok.

We threw together a "basher" KE55 sedan with a 3T and blow through carby turbo setup. Cost = about <$100 using parts that were laying around. It was a bit of fun on the dirt and had a bit of extra poke, but if you had to pay $$$ or get someone to do it for you keep your money and do something worthwhile.

Chances are that a 4AGE will outpower and will definitely out perform in terms of reliablility/economy/driveability any backyard turbo 4K unless some considerable dollars are spent.

Even just get a 5K and refresh it with a rebuild, they go alright for what they are.

Plenty of options out there Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agte conversio q's
Next Topic:Joel's RWD 3S-GTE conversion - mainly pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:55:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058829784393311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.