Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » engine engine engine which 1 to put in ???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilstarlet
Newcomer

November 2005
engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 00:13 Go to next message
hi ive got a 96 starlet which im looking to turbo - i know i can turbo the standard engine or by a front cut of a glanza - but i was wondering if anyone knew is it possible to fit the 2litre turbo engine from a nissan pulsar gtir into my starlet also the manual gearbox ??? was thinking it would be seriously quick if it ll fit in Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the starlet engine bay is pretty small though.
did you realise the gtir is 4wd? ...one more thing to thnk about
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo the standard engine....then drop it into a mini Evil or Very Mad
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have money, just get a gtir or twinky
lilstarlet
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i know theyre four wheel drive - question is will it fit in the engine bay??
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if a 3SGTE can be forced into a Starlet, I suppose a FWD SR will probably go in if you grease it up enough beforehand. Then again, why not spend all that money on a 4EFTE with enough work done to it, and still upset the front wheels quite a bit anyway?
lilstarlet
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so say i go a 4efte what kw would we be looking at stock ???

what work has been done / can be done to get a fairly large kw readout??
enki
Regular

August 2002
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your gone brother!!!! Not sure if anyone has relised but hmmmm.... how do i put it???? SR20 are one of the worst turbo engine put on this planet. Go 4efte or if u like have a bucket load of money go angelo's way and put a 3sgte in. These guys will be able to help better http://www.austarletclub.com . 150kw at the fronts are fairly easly acheived with a td04l turbo and 15psi.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enki wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 21:35

Not sure if anyone has relised but hmmmm.... how do i put it???? SR20 are one of the worst turbo engine put on this planet.

Sorry? Last time I checked, while not particularly smooth, and very tractor sounding, they were reliable and power productive... Rolling Eyes Much more so than a 4EFTE.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enki wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 00:35

Your gone brother!!!! Not sure if anyone has relised but hmmmm.... how do i put it???? SR20 are one of the worst turbo engine put on this planet.

care to enlighten me as to why...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Mon, 28 November 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's right, they're shithouse. 200rwkw from basic mods is definitly shithousen.
Sure their internal aren't as bulletproof as a 3s-gte, but unless you start cranking over 250rwkw that's not really an issue (and 250kw atw in a starlet would shrink your testes)
stasi
Regular

July 2002
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Tue, 29 November 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the best motor that Nissan has ever made would have to be the rb26 and the fj20 the rest are shit. Power productive??? Where??? Sure after a crap load of bottom end bullet proofing and dont even get me started on the head- worst design ever.

BTW its enki speaking here.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2005 03:20]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: engine engine engine which 1 to put in ??? Tue, 29 November 2005 03:21 Go to previous message
stasi wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 14:19

Well the best motor that Nissan has ever made would have to be the rb26 and the fj20 the rest are shit. Power productive??? Where??? Sure after a crap load of bottom end bullet proofing and dont even get me started on the head- worst design ever.

so a 22r head is better Razz , you seem to like making blanket comments ie worst head design ever, wanna specify how it is bad and why to enlighten us or atleast give your argument some credence.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE AE92 Clutch size
Next Topic:Ogura Clutch 409D-02T
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:41:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044620037078857 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.