Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
1G-GTE info Sat, 26 November 2005 03:11 Go to next message
OK 1G-GTE's i need some help asap. I got put my car in for a service and a quick dyno run and to fit 2 gauge senders as i was being lazy, and they wouldn't give me the car till i forked out $450!!! thats fucked, anyway, i need to know where the water temp sender is on the 1G, for the long story read on.
__________________________________________________ __________

I asked them to fit a water temp sender and a oil pressure sender. I specifically asked for the water temp sender back so i could turn my dash gauge into something else, but when i got the car it only had the oil pressure sender on the seat, i asked what was the go and they said they had to T piece the water temp to to stop it stalling (i think they removed the ECU water temp).

Anyway i said fair enough and drove home. and to my dismay the dash temp didn't work. so i got into it this morning and found that they drilled a new hole in the front of the housing to fit the new sender. i also found the old sender wire floating around the engine bay, it is not long enough to reach the new sender so they mustn't of swapped the new for old. i can find a green ECU sender and a brown ECU sender but not the single wire plug to plug this wire in, any help would be appreciated.
__________________________________________________ ___________

On another note my oil pressure gauge fluctuates ALOT. When the motor is not idling it sits between about 80 - 100 PSI. Is this right??? As i thought it sounded a bit high, at idle it is down around 30 PSI.

Thanks for your help
  Send a private message to this user    
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1G-GTE info Sat, 26 November 2005 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take it back and say, WTF Mate!?!?!
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1G-GTE info Sun, 27 November 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RE pressure: with more revs it will be higher pressure but that sounds too high
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE info Sun, 27 November 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The dash water temp sensor is on the front of the engine. Just above where the wiring loom goes across the head. The ECU temp sensor and CSI temp sensor are under the dizzy.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE info Sun, 27 November 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 27 November 2005 10:43

The dash water temp sensor is on the front of the engine. Just above where the wiring loom goes across the head. The ECU temp sensor and CSI temp sensor are under the dizzy.

Ah ok, well thats where the new one is so they have replaced it, thanks, i am going to see them tomorrow to have a yell, i thought that spot was usually blank and they drilled a hole. just quickly the CSI temp sensor does what exactly?

Oh and on the oil pressure side of things i think i miss read it a bit, it would peak at 80PSI, and i think it fluctuates due to my injectors needing a good clean and the motor never actually sitting at a constant number or revolutions
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE info Mon, 28 November 2005 03:07 Go to previous message
ndgcpr wrote on Sun, 27 November 2005 20:50

just quickly the CSI temp sensor does what exactly?

Effectively it's a switch. It's closed circuit when it's cold, and as the engine heats up, it goes open circuit and turns the cold start injector off.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ae86 Rear Hatch Closing Problems
Next Topic:hey all!finally found a car club full of drifter's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:26:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035700798034668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.