Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 01:14 Go to next message

do u think we should postpone a game of cricket because a heroin smuggler is being executed?[ 58 vote(s) ]
1.yes, my heart bleeds... 8 / 14%
2.stuff the prick, i want my cricket!!!! 50 / 86%

afterall, we all no it's a very silly idea to have drugs in singapore... even chewing gum is a no no...

Send a private message to this user  
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He trafficked drugs in a country where the penalty for such an offense is death.

Busted

Death it is.

Bring on the cricket.

The bleeding hearts can try and soften it by saying he was trying to repay his brother's gambling debts, but I'm sure many of us have been in debt before and not resorted to smuggling drugs to pay them off. With that sort of logic, then it would be OK for me to sell drugs to pay off my mortgage, and most of us would say that was patently unacceptable.

I'm actually sick of it and can't wait till Saturday. Hopefully that will be last we hear of it.

Until they bump off those retards in Bali.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution[ 23 vote(s) ]
1..... 8 / 35%
2.profit 15 / 65%

is the execution live? or is it ganna be on ogerish.com or something...

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You traffic drugs into the harshest country in the world to do this in. What was he expecting?

How's his mums form "let me hug him".

Maybe while he's in the chair.

My heart would only bleed if you guys didn't get your cricket. I'll be at work so either way I'm fucked.

So are they postponing the cricket in protest or to show the fry up live? If it's a protest then fuck him and on with the game. If it's to show it live then don't let the fans miss out, put it on the big screen.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple solution.

Make Van Nguyen the "stumps" in the cricket buy burying him up to the waist. A few blows from the fast bowlers ought to finish him off (keeping the Singapore Govt happy), the cricket rolls on (keeping the fans happy), people get to see a guy die (keeping the disturbed happy).

Everyone is happy.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bleeding hearts everywhere are bleating that Howard will be at the cricket (Prime Minister's XI match) rather than sobbing somewhere. Natasha Stott Despoja (hot but stupid) has suggested the match be abandoned or postponed.

Clubbie, he's getting hanged not fried!

As for the bleeding hearts out there who suggest that capital punishment is a waste of life, I hope you guys have registered your disgust with the Indonesian government regarding the imminent execution of the Bali bombers.

Yeah, I didn't think you would have..... Rolling Eyes Oh the hypocrisy!!! That's right, we only care when it's an Aussie who didn't kill other Aussies.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 14:09

You traffic drugs into the harshest country in the world to do this in.
So are they postponing the cricket in protest or to show the fry up live?

Sorry but there not having a fry-up, his joining the swingers club.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what they should do is show the cricket, and have a 5 min ad break style execution, then back on with the game.
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is sensational... I'm so happy i want to cry... People are again showing me that there is sanity left out there. thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am of the same opinion as above. Do the crime and pay the time and its not like the issues with drugs and Asian countries isn't a well publicised fact even before Schappelle Corby.

Fuck its not like he's the first aussie to cop the death sentence over seas and if some ppl have the same mentality i am sure he won't be the last.

Do the crime you pay the time.

As for the so called reasons for doing it why didn't the brother do it to pay his own debts doesn't make sense.

All I can say is if his brother doesn't straighten out after this then basically he has ruined his brothers life for no reason.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they should let him go because apparently it was the baggage handlers that made him do it not his brothers gambling debt. Sorry thats not true, the baggage handlers threatened to kill his brother who is addicted to ADD medication not gambling. That doesnt sound correct either, i think im getting my drug smuggling excuses all muddled up. I think the easiest thing to do is just blame it on Mia.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 15:15

Do the crime you pay the time.

exactly.
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparantly australia is sposed to have a minutes silence sometime soon for poor van nygen....HAHAHA my ass ill keep silent for him. Also everyones seems to be going on and on about the death penalty and how it should be abolished, what about for the fellow who did the first bali bombings whos going to be executed in a week or so? Is everyone gonna write in and complain about him being executed?

i agree with corona, if you do the crime you do the time
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think most of the population agree with the attitudes of the above posts. most of the pollies who are speaking up about it are only using the occasion to grand-stand.

let him swing, and let that be a lesson to the rest of you!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think hanging is a bit oldschool for death penalty nowadays..but meh
i'm not going to loose sleep.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its better than death my gun (u gotta pay for the bullets that kill you Rolling Eyes )
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a minute silence for this scum is such bullshit - coz i know i want to give hime the respect that i reserve for people that have given up their lives so that we can have a better way of life - fuckin junkie shit heads. Let him swing - i hope its slow

And also on this note, fuck beazely, stot-despoya and all the others who are saying its an outrage that johnny is watching the cricket -good on him. He shouldn't have to give the fucker a second thought, or even a first thought at that. live like scum, die like scum
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 19:18

well its better than death my gun (u gotta pay for the bullets that kill you Rolling Eyes )

death by gun? your gun??

so you don't have to pay for the ones that miss?? or you have to pay upfront? Razz

hmm, watching cricket or being executed..... which is more painful Razz (unless there is BBQ and beer and possibly a pool involved...)
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might have to pay extra incase the 1st shot dont kill Confused
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lot of people seem to forget something.
Johnny loves his cricket and it would take something serious to drag him from it. Especially the PM's XI.

On a side note, I get updates on the cricket on my mobile.

ke382TG wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 14:20

people get to see a guy die (keeping the disturbed and forum goers happy).

Everyone is happy.Very Happy

CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 14:40

what they should do is show the cricket, and have a 5 min ad break style execution, then back on with the game.

5 Minutes.... If it takes 5 minutes to kill someone your obviously doing something wrong.

Quote:

apparantly australia is sposed to have a minutes silence sometime soon for poor van nygen....HAHAHA my ass ill keep silent for him.

Really, what the fuck has he done to deserve a 1 minute silence?
Our war hero's didn't smuggle drugs into other countries to get a 1 minute silence, they did much more that gives them the right for a sign of respect by giving them a 1 minute silence.

When will people learn, if you want to smuggle drugs into other countries, Make sure they don't give the death penalty....

As for johnny, he should apply for american citizenship, almost completely irrelevant but why not.

Cheers
chris
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's slack that he gets death by hanging but he knew the consequences of his actions. Either he gets back filthy rich or he dies. Taking the easy path to money I reckon.
Well he took the risk and it didn't end up in his favour. What more can you say?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoronaC wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 00:45

5 Minutes.... If it takes 5 minutes to kill someone your obviously doing something wrong.

Death by asphyxiation. Evil or Very Mad Sometimes the noose doesn't break your neck and kill you, but you die from oxygen starvation. Yay...
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even when your neck does brake you still die from asphyxiation, you're just lucky enough to completely paralysed.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 01:19

even when your neck does brake you still die from asphyxiation, you're just lucky enough to completely paralysed.

Well, true. Should have made it clear that the neck breaking thing probably would make a difference on whether he is concious or not Razz
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats that quote from young guns about the guys head flying off when he gets hanged? Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's more deadly than a Sydney funnelweb?

Singapore trapdoor.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He is lucky that they now use the "long drop" formula based on the prisoner's weight, which would instantly sever the spinal cord and dislocate the cervical vertebrae resulting in "instantaneous" death.
As opposed to the "short drop" which would result in a slower death by asphyxiation.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant believe what Im reading.. IDIOTS the lot of yas!

Its easy to say yup thats so stupid everyone knows they have the death penalty there so if you smuggle drugs then you shall pay the price and be killed for it... it feels nice and clean to say on an internet forum when you dont know the guy huh? I used to share this view however;

WHAT IF It was your brother.. your sister, your girlfriend/boyfriend or Associated family member?

Would you all be saying it as cleanly... Do the crime pay the price? Gimme the cricket? FUCK NO!

It such an American thing to say.. to completely remove yourself from the situation and judge so freely.

Its a HUMAN LIFE and theyre taking it away because he had some drugs on him. Moreso hes Australian so it affects us directly and we should be protesting it to the bitter end.

Some would argue oh hes contributing to people taking drugs etc.. Well perhaps thats their choice to take drugs and kill themselves however yes he should still be punished with a large gaol sentance but the death penalty is totaly unnacceptable.

As are these dumbass nations that carry them out. America, Singapore and CHINA!!! (Amongst many others) Who exectues something like 3000 people a year and it never gets a mention.

What am I doing to protest? Well I recently found out that Optus is owned by Singtel which is owned by the Singapore government. So I will be cancelling my optus mobile account and switching to something else. And ill let the operators know why.

Its not much but Unfortunately I dont have the strength to goto Singapore and bust the dood out of prison.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get me wrong dude, I don't agree with the death penalty being invoked for drug smuggling... it should be reserved for only the most serious of crimes.
BUT nor should this guy get preferential treatment just because he's an Aussie. Personally I would have preferred to see a 25-life sentence, or something similar.... but I've been to singapore and the place is a lot nicer, safer, and cleaner because of the draconian penalties.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 09:14

Its easy to say yup thats so stupid everyone knows they have the death penalty there so if you smuggle drugs then you shall pay the price and be killed for it... it feels nice and clean to say on an internet forum when you dont know the guy huh? I used to share this view however;

WHAT IF It was your brother.. your sister, your girlfriend/boyfriend or Associated family member?

Would you all be saying it as cleanly... Do the crime pay the price? Gimme the cricket? FUCK NO!

It such an American thing to say.. to completely remove yourself from the situation and judge so freely.

Its a HUMAN LIFE and theyre taking it away because he had some drugs on him. Moreso hes Australian so it affects us directly and we should be protesting it to the bitter end.

Some would argue oh hes contributing to people taking drugs etc.. Well perhaps thats their choice to take drugs and kill themselves however yes he should still be punished with a large gaol sentance but the death penalty is totaly unnacceptable.

As are these dumbass nations that carry them out. America, Singapore and CHINA!!! (Amongst many others) Who exectues something like 3000 people a year and it never gets a mention.

What am I doing to protest? Well I recently found out that Optus is owned by Singtel which is owned by the Singapore government. So I will be cancelling my optus mobile account and switching to something else. And ill let the operators know why.

Its not much but Unfortunately I dont have the strength to goto Singapore and bust the dood out of prison.

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone, and I respect that.
But I for one would like to see the death penalty brought in here for this crime. Yes, if it was my son/daughter or brother/sister I would still say the same thing.
These people who choose to traffic in drugs do so to profit from it knowing full well what the consequences are in these countries.
Yes, I feel sorry for his family, but what about the family's that are affected by his supplying illegal drugs.
What about the family's of the people affected by the users of these drugs that are Innocent victims.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah they should bring back capital punishment.
why did we ever get rid of it in the first place?

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 23:05]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to expensive with all those drugs and shit... Confused unless we use reuseable rope? or shotgun? thats like $1.50 a shell or something
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Mon, 28 November 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

IF it was a family member I'd be very sorry but I'd be thinking my family member was f***ing stupid. Van Nguyen is a man. He's not a little kid. All the points you mention: ask yourself, don't you think he thought of that beforehand? As I said before, it was a gamble. Get rich real quick or die. It was more than just 'some' drugs.
It's a human life and they're taking it away because he had some drugs on him.
Do you think he tried to smuggle drugs not knowing this? Did they suddenly change the law a few weeks ago and he missed it on the news? Poor boy. /sarcasm
If someone actually held a gun to his head that's different. I don't know the guy but like I said earlier I don't agree with the death penalty either but the fact of the matter is he knew the consequences and still went on with it. Tough luck. That's why it pisses me off when people feel sorry for him. If you feel he shouldn't be executed because you don't believe in the death penalty (rather, a life sentence) then that's fine. If you feel he shouldn't be executed because he just got busted with drugs then no, I don't agree. He knew what he was doing! He took the chance! He's not 12 years old for crying out loud!

As for being Australian why should we be helping out this bloke? Some bloke who decided working hard wasn't for him and he'd try and get rich quick an easier way? Why don't we spend our time helping out and bringing to light the plights of honest, hard working Australians battling for a fair go instead? People who deserve our help far more than an unsuccessful drug smuggler.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's right the last person to be hung in Australia was in 1963 I believe..? So why are all the pollies talking like it was over 100 years a go..?
Now I was just going to keep my mouth shut BUT ive had it Mad .
Ive been to Singapore and in the 4 weeks i was there the biggest news at the time was somebody stole $50 from a tip jar... Razz
That was IN 4 WEEKS... Shocked
Then we came back to Sydney when all the western shootings where going on and we thought WTF is going on? We should have stayed in Singapore. Shocked

I all ways tell people this story...
When we left Sydney airport we had our bags pulled apart and searched then we had to take our jumpers and shoes off and we were searched as well.
BUT when we got in to Singapore there was no "rent a cop"
No big ass custom offences and we were like is some one going to look in our bags???
NO Because of this....
As when we went around a corner there were 3 solders with the biggest guns ive seen in real life.
We thought they were just fake e.g. manikins but then we seen 4 more solders walking towards us with little auto guns as they walked past one of then was clicking the trigger. Confused
NOW I dint scare easy but i was shit scared.
They are not as stricked as our custom but that's because you must be fucked in the head to try anything there.

When you leave Australian airport there are big sighs that state:"most Asian counties have death penalties for drug trafficking"
So in closeing yes I will go back to Singapore and tell everybody I know to go as it's one of the best countries in the world.
And yes if it was my girlfriend/boyfriend or Associated family member?
I would be up set but its there law and you must do by it.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me and my scrabble mates were going to get together and play Hangman on Friday to improve our word skills Rolling Eyes .
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's a drug trafficer. Why are we trying to protect drug trafficers? Those drugs may well have ruined the lives of or killed any number of people. I don't beleive in the death sentance simply beacuse you CAN'T appeal that. But he seems pretty guilty to me. Protest the death sentance, fine. And ofcourse the family will be upset. But I dunno why the rest of the nation should particularly car.

Some of the things our nation is supposed to be upset about are getting stupid.

You guys seen the news report about the English SAS? They have an initiation where where they all get naked, REALLY drunk, then get 2 guys to put on massive glove/arm protector thingies (that severely limit movement) and try to bash eachother up in the middle of a big circle (the circle mainly made up of other naked SAS dudes). There also seemed to be medical staff around... and we're supposed to be outraged by this? Just looks like some drunk army dudes having a good time! I mean they where't pumping used sump oil over them. Nobody was blindfolded or tied up. There where no bannana's put ANYWHERE. So what's the big deal?

Anyway, blah!
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think most people here would have to agree that you are the idiot. You just have to look at the number of re-offences and you can see that execution of people such as old mate van Nygen is the key! I can garauntee that he will not try this smuggling game again... you just cannot argue with the statistics.

As for what if it was my brother, etc? I would have to say it was better to take such an idiot out of the gene pool.

AND to add to the what if you brother/sister what ever... If you had a heroin addict in your family you would have the level of sympathy for this oxygen theif that i have too. I really hate to think of the government resources that have been wasted on this "lost cause" already.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 08:59

As opposed to the "short drop" ...

The hangman is a career executioner. He gets $312 per "client". He is going by the British Table of Drops, based on height and weight. There was an article about him on www.news.com.au that unfortunately is no longer available.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, little to comment on this one in Singapore. But though it is their right I do think it is a bit rude that so many high officials formone walk of life or another have requested leniency and they have told them to get stuffed.... I guess mainly because they want to put on a lil show to scare others.

But I do think it is screwed that Indonesia wants to give foreigners life sentences or death for drugs, small or large quantities. But domestic terrorists especially the ring leader/activist they give a slap on the wrist.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... singapore is not a poor country by any means. so with wages etc.
$300 for the job of taking someones life... I think that is pretty shifty. Just cause it is the government so they have the right to make people deaders lol. Imagine if an assassin was only $300 to hire...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 14:24

$300 for the job of taking someones life... I think that is pretty shifty. Just cause it is the government so they have the right to make people deaders lol. Imagine if an assassin was only $300 to hire...

The article I read said it was $400, then again, that might have been Singaporean dollars. Considering the secrecy the dude has had to have his entire life, I think that's still short-changing it.

Your analogy of an assassin is flawed though, provided no one knows who he is, there is no repercussions for the hangman (assuming he is fine with killing people) for killing someone, he can't go to jail for it, he can't himself be executed for it.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe while we are watching the Cricket they could show him swinging on a picture in picture thingy on the screen. That would be entertaining.
Maybe they could offer to broadcast it as Pay Per View as well. Maybe using Noosecam to get the full effect. Maybe Ritchie and Greigy could commentate. Very Happy

Cheers, Greg.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your all full of fucking shit.

Saying "oh yeh if it was my brother id have the same opinion". Well atleast I hope your all full of shit, but if you were in that situation and actually said that then i dont want to know you.

The lack of empathy in this thread is so sick its laughable.

Picture yourself in debt and all of a sudden you get a phone call saying your brother has tried to smuggle drugs through singapore to get you out of debt. Are you all honestly trying to tell me your reactions would be.. "Oh serious? fuck well serves him right hang the fucker im going to watch the cricket"

AS IF your opinions wouldnt shift 180 degrees and have you panicking and calling for the end of the death penalty... or mercy of some sort.

And whoever said ohh Top news story in Singapore was $50 being stolen.. The death penalty solves all crime. What a joke. Singapore is just as bad crimewise as anywhere else except they dont report it because their governments have stangleholds on the media. The executions of people dont even got a major mention. Most people in Singapore dont know what all the fuss is about because their goverment will not stand for people making a fuss and so controls what they see. The stats are 70% (apparently) of people support the death penalty over there.. Thats a pretty large figuire but then again Im not suprised as Protest/Meetings against the issue get shut down by police and people get arrested.

And Geewiz America is a shinning example of a crime free state (inwhere a number of states have the death penalty).

And lastly.. As a means to kill someone "Hanging" is fairly brutal. If not against some International Laws.

And yes I believe its totally fucken stupid to go taking drugs anywhere near those nations You SHOULD pay A price. But LIFE shouldnt be it.. It might be their custom but i dont agree with it. Or any countries customs of killing people.

If you knew some country inwhere; if a women entred without being dressed entirely in white with yellow polkadots then it would give the men in the country the right to rape the woman. And that woman was your sister. Would you be saying Oh yehh No one should feel sorry for her she knew that goes on she should pay the price.

Seriously.. Wakeup

The Death Penalty does not solve people reoffending. And The Death Penalty for being a drug mule is retarded. Sure he made the decision to try and get out easy. Id like to see him in gaol for a longtime. But not dead.

And to go into it even further. How corrupt are the countries in that locale. With the Bali 9. All evidence leading them to their suppliers suddenly vanished. And Police 'suddenly lost track' of people they were tailing. And a bunch of idiot Aussies are going to be murdered for it.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cricket > Drug Traffic'er
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The Death Penalty does not solve people reoffending.

So Andrew, by your mentality, if someone offered you enough money, you smuggle drugs into Singapore as the prospect of death isn't a deterent.

Quote:

Saying "oh yeh if it was my brother id have the same opinion". Well atleast I hope your all full of shit, but if you were in that situation and actually said that then i dont want to know you.

Actualy I would. But they'd have received a good slap around the head for wanting to go to some shithole place like indonesia in the first place. If someone is THAT FUCKING STUPID I'm all for darwinism. In fact lets nominate van whatever the fuck his dumb assed name is for a darwin award.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew, im sure if it were our brother or sister yes we might think differently. but then again, 99% of the people reading this will never have to worry about it cause they wouldnt even let the thought cross their mind.

if this guy is such a good fellow, how did he know where to get the drugs? how will he know where to take them when he gets home? maybe i have had a sheltered life but i wouldnt know how to go about getting such a large quantity of drugs nor would i know someone to give them to.
clearly this guy was already into a bit of crime before his brothers 'problem' or maybe he would have thought of a better way to get the money ie loan from a bank, get a job whatever.

and in regards to the death penalty no, it obviously doesnt deter these fools, but will lifting it make them more likely to do it? yes i think so. maybe the death penalty has already detered a few people who might have been caught otherwise.

i respect your opinion dood but what it all boils down to, love it or hate the way they do it over there, there is NO chance of you getting caught if you dont do it in the first place!
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Bathurst- 91. I am against the death penalty!

I do not believe he should be let off, but I don't believe anyone ( from a drug smuggler to a terrorist) should be put to death.

Obviously The death penalty is NOT a deterant from these crimes as so many continue to commit them, however a harsh 15+yrs gaol sentance is a long time to think aobut what you did wrong.
As for terrorists they want the death penalty as it completes their martyrdom.

I do however Disargee with Bathurst-91 on one point.

Those who vote for the death penalty are intitled to their oppinions and are not idiots.

The IDIOTS are those how make jokes and take humour in the death of others!

"Cricket > Drug Traffic'er"

"Maybe while we are watching the Cricket they could show him swinging on a picture in picture thingy on the screen. That would be entertaining.
Maybe they could offer to broadcast it as Pay Per View as well. Maybe using Noosecam to get the full effect. Maybe Ritchie and Greigy could commentate."

"Me and my scrabble mates were going to get together and play Hangman on Friday to improve our word skills"

"What's more deadly than a Sydney funnelweb?
Singapore trapdoor."

Tell me who are the SCUM of society?
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the other note id rather watch anything but cricket personally lol
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't agree with a death penalty for crimes such as trafficking drugs, but do agree for harsher crimes like rape and all that. Those scum should be wiped off the planet Evil or Very Mad

As for terrorists, they should be hung in the city and people should have their way with them for $10/head Very Happy , if thats not an option, just throw them in for life and let Bubba sort them out Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Tue, 29 November 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 19:10

And whoever said ohh Top news story in Singapore was $50 being stolen..

the point i was making was that there is hardy any crime in Singapore as apposed to Australia....

I say bring back the death penalty to Australia
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 10:16

I say bring back the death penalty to Australia

Ditto Very Happy Why waste precious gaol space with scum which are in there for life. Like that rapist kid who got 50 years, as if he deserves to live....fuck him off Evil or Very Mad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And whoever said ohh Top news story in Singapore was $50 being stolen.. The death penalty solves all crime. What a joke. Singapore is just as bad crimewise as anywhere else except they dont report it because their governments have stangleholds on the media. The executions of people dont even got a major mention. Most people in Singapore dont know what all the fuss is about because their goverment will not stand for people making a fuss and so controls what they see. The stats are 70% (apparently) of people support the death penalty over there.. Thats a pretty large figuire but then again Im not suprised as Protest/Meetings against the issue get shut down by police and people get arrested.

Have you ever been to Singapore? Seriously, it's one of the safest places in the world.

If the penalty for stealing was for your hand to get chopped off, would you do it as readily as in Australia (where you might get a fine or community service).

Yes, some of the laws are draconian, but who cares! The trains run on time and it's the cleanest place you'll ever see!

Oh, and city-wide wireless broadband for $30/month!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So... Bag out the capital punishment of a smuggler of drugs that may cause hundreds of deaths and be the cause of even more crime, but don't bag out Singapore!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like i'm off to singapore j/ks seriously though for someone that follows the straight and narrow it'd be a great place to live.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Your all full of fucking shit.

If you knew some country inwhere; if a women entred without being dressed entirely in white with yellow polkadots then it would give the men in the country the right to rape the woman. And that woman was your sister. Would you be saying Oh yehh No one should feel sorry for her she knew that goes on she should pay the price.

Seriously.. Wakeup

The Death Penalty does not solve people reoffending.

Ok, I have thought long & hard about this thread. Firstly I disagree with two of your statements above.
1/ Using rape as your analogy you can't use a morality issue in comparison to a illegal drug issue.
2/ The death penalty DOES solve the issue of people RE-OFFENDING.
Ok. See how YOU would feel in say, my position and lets see if you would then think any differently.
I'm a 56yo returned serviceman, and people want to give this guy a minutes silence, (this makes my blood chill).
I have 11 grandchildren youngest being 7yo.
You try to explain to them why the junkie that stuck me with a blood filled syringe during a robbery (my wallet) had the right to sue me for bashing the shit out of him with a jack bar from my truck, then why I had to do 3 years in gaol for it.
Then if you can make them understand that, try explaining to them why their grandfather won't be around to watch them grow up, because of that junkie their grandfather now is HIV+ & HEP-C+.
So now before you go calling people IDIOTS for wanting the death penalty for these people, STOP and think about the INNOCENT VICTIMS of this shit.
If you think you can do a better job of explaining this to my grandkids then I will suply you with there name,age & addresses.
Final note, the sooner the world is rid of these people & the do gooders that protect them the better it will be.
So to quote you "WAKE UP TO YOURSELF"
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agree.... this is not the first time aussies have been executed in other countries... so why did they make such a big deal about this... fuking media whores
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it has been a while, and it doesn't suprise me, some of these racist, prejudice and downright disrespect to any human kind, let alone yourselves, commenting, don't even deserve a proper discussion, but in this case, I might as well fire one in the hole.

(Andrew - I guess we still have it goin eh Wink)

Firstly, I do not support drugs, I do not support the 1 minute silence, and i certainly don't support little Johnny.

and secondly:

clubagreenie wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 14:09

How's his mums form "let me hug him".
My heart would only bleed if you guys didn't get your cricket. I'll be at work so either way I'm fucked

tripmcneily wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 14:46

This is sensational... I'm so happy i want to cry... People are again showing me that there is sanity left out there. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

clubagreenie wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 20:13

Actualy I would. But they'd have received a good slap around the head for wanting to go to some shithole place like indonesia in the first place. If someone is THAT FUCKING STUPID I'm all for darwinism. In fact lets nominate van whatever the fuck his dumb assed name is for a darwin award.

--- WTFHIBBQ! scum like this still exist?

-------It's comments like these that don't make your stance on this whole situation plausible. It seems as if there is a further drive within you to have this fella hung, and i'm not sure if it is even the logic of the crime anymore - I sense maybe an inner prejudice or ignorant/redneck factor? Or maybe it¡¦s just an ignorant cold disregard for anyone who has done the wrong thing and that you don¡¦t know them personally (therefore it¡¦s supercool to jump on the bandwagon! And fire heroic remarks to fellow toolmods members behind a computer screen) I'm suprised how firm your view of drug morals are, since people like you that abuse/disrespect/bad mouth/mock/post up utter BS stubborness/insenstive callous crap probably do in fact take drugs/smoke a bong and have stepped over the line, whether it be the prohibited use of fireworks (up to six strokes of the cane over there!) or pirating a DVD (ohhh gee! Up to 12 strokes!) ¡V(source: ¡§Current caning procedures are carried out not in the public's view, with the subject to be caned strapped to a metal frame with the buttocks exposed. The bamboo cane has been soaked in water overnight to prevent the cane from splitting and to maximize inflicted pain. Parts of the prisoner's body are padded to prevent accidental damaging of the kidneys, but the procedure can still leave permanent scars on the subject".)
-- Judges have NO discretion which makes this system more barbaric than any other country in the world... so when the offence is committed NOTHING is taken into account, not circumstances, or character etc etc that may mitigate the sentence....Singapore has the most recorded death sentences per head capita than any other country in the world.

Just imagine you lived in Singapore and you had that kind of mouth? You would either be soaping up quick smart or be caned for suspicion of callous and boganism remarks of your fellow humans.

Don¡¦t get me wrong, I don¡¦t live in their country but I DO RESPECT their law, but one has to question the effectiveness of a somewhat brutal form of corporal punishment for criminal offences. ¡V And don¡¦t tell me you have no problem with it ¡V UNLESS you have lived in Singapore and have faced the cane OR you have personally concerned your agreement of these punishments to the ministers of this country. Pithy cliches such as, ¡§if you can't do the time, don't do the crime;¡¨ and he knew the consequences, so he should pay the penalty¡¨, are totally devoid of human compassion. We are talking the death penalty here. If he'd been given a life sentence, I wouldn't be joining in a debate to commute the sentence. This is the DEATH PENALTY we're talking about. This man, and he is only a young man, with very little experience of life, should be granted clemency. If you agree with the death penalty IN THIS CASE you're absolutely nuts. You might as well hang the lad yourself. (yeah ok, be macho and say 'i would'...- i don't believe a soft cock such as yourself would go to some 'shithole place like indonesia'....there is fear written all over your forehead matey Wink )

For all who have been to Singapore or say that the country is free of the problems we have in Australia, no shit batboy!! With such a regime and strict punishments, who would WANT to step out of the line ¡V this is not a deterrent; this is a cruel suppression of what is wrong and what is right, because there are strict laws in place which prohibits critics of the gvt's poilicy, who are suppressed and sometimes even imprisoned. Singapore's media is strongly censored and you will find very very few people are allowed to speak out against this one party gvt... and those that do, have their words carefully monitored.

This is not a democracy. It is a police state where state responses to its critics are very very severe. It is like a police-state where people obey the law through fear not obligation. This is not natural. Again, I state, I do respect their law, but one has to question. Personally I would rather see chewing gum on the street then live my life in fear of the wooden stick/death sentence without review.

A mandatory death sentence is not just a breach of international law, it is a flagrantly obscene transgression of basic legal principles of commonsense and clear thought. Whatever way you look at it, Nguyen does not deserve to die. Say all you like about the 25,000 hits it would have caused, but we are talking about what DID actually happen.

Don¡¦t tell me my heart is bleeding or I am a hippy drug trafficker myself, I stress that in Nguyen¡¦s case, he should not die with the substantial circumstances.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2005 02:01]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.lockitupoffroad.com/Clubpics/cookiesesamestreet.jpg
ps dont copy and paste from Mword or what ever...
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 12:56

--- WTFHIBBQ! scum like this still exist?

You really should look at the poll results and then at whom you are calling scum. I won't take it personally, because it is evident to me that you are retarded.

-------It's comments like these that don't make your stance on this whole situation plausible.

Speaking for my own quoted comment, if anything it was meant to show my appreciation to fellow likeminded people for validating this thread that i have started in my digust that this oxygen theif is nearly being given hero status.

It seems as if there is a further drive within you to have this fella hung, and i'm not sure if it is even the logic of the crime anymore...

You make no sense...

Or maybe it¡¦s just an ignorant cold disregard for anyone who has done the wrong thing and that you don¡¦t know them personally (therefore it¡¦s supercool to jump on the bandwagon!...)

he has done the wrong thing, and had he gotten through the net he would have gotten more herion on the street... maybe by f*cking up as bad as he did, therefore not allowing the heroin into Aust, he is in fact an unlikely hero... no no no, he is still just another oxygen theif. Maybe you need to jump off your bandwagon and check you head.

I'm suprised how firm your view of drug morals are, since people like you that abuse/disrespect/bad mouth/mock/post up utter BS stubborness/insenstive callous crap probably do in fact take drugs/smoke a bong and have stepped over the line...

"probably do in fact" is technically a contradiction...making you comments seem "not plausable".... and for the record i don't touch illegal substances and will happilly take any test any time anywhere.

-- Judges have NO discretion which makes this system more barbaric than any other country in the world... so when the offence is committed NOTHING is taken into account, not circumstances, or character etc etc that may mitigate the sentence....Singapore has the most recorded death sentences per head capita than any other country in the world.

So where did you do your degree on foriegn nations Legal policy?.

Just imagine you lived in Singapore and you had that kind of mouth? You would either be soaping up quick smart or be caned for suspicion of callous and boganism remarks of your fellow humans.

If i lived in singapore I wouldn't have to make any comments... the gov. system tends to deal with morons like van Nygen quiet effectively.

Don¡¦t get me wrong, I don¡¦t live in their country but I DO RESPECT their law, but one has to question the effectiveness of a somewhat brutal form of corporal punishment for criminal offences.

It's CAPITAL Punishment we are talking about here. There is a difference, once again you are talking shit before you are thinking, make your comments here seem "not plausible"...

V And don¡¦t tell me you have no problem with it ¡V UNLESS you have lived in Singapore and have faced the cane OR you have personally concerned your agreement of these punishments to the ministers of this country. Pithy cliches such as, ¡§if you can't do the time, don't do the crime;¡¨ and he knew the consequences, so he should pay the penalty¡¨, are totally devoid of human compassion.

I AM devoid of compassion for this prick and anyone else who tries to smuggle heroin into MY country. Having a Heroin addict in my family has shown me what the effects are.

We are talking the death penalty here. If he'd been given a life sentence, I wouldn't be joining in a debate to commute the sentence. This is the DEATH PENALTY we're talking about. This man, and he is only a young man, with very little experience of life, should be granted clemency. If you agree with the death penalty IN THIS CASE you're absolutely nuts. You might as well hang the lad yourself. (yeah ok, be macho and say 'i would'...- i don't believe a soft cock such as yourself would go to some 'shithole place like indonesia'....there is fear written all over your forehead matey Wink )

I can say with confidence that i would gladly send him on his way to his meeting with the big fella upstairs. and I just checked my forehead in the mirror then... nothing is there....

For all who have been to Singapore or say that the country is free of the problems we have in Australia, no shit batboy!! With such a regime and strict punishments, who would WANT to step out of the line, this is a cruel suppression of what is wrong and what is right, because there are strict laws in place which prohibits critics of the gvt's poilicy, who are suppressed and sometimes even imprisoned. Singapore's media is strongly censored and you will find very very few people are allowed to speak out against this one party gvt... and those that do, have their words carefully monitored.

Once again i don't think you have the neccessary background information and experience in Singaporian life to make such comments, which once again do not carry too much weight with me, or if you will, make you comments seem "not plausable"

A mandatory death sentence is not just a breach of international law, it is a flagrantly obscene transgression of basic legal principles of commonsense and clear thought. Whatever way you look at it, Nguyen does not deserve to die. Say all you like about the 25,000 hits it would have caused, but we are talking about what DID actually happen.

Now that comment shows to all that you truely are a retard. I hope you have a run in with a junkie one day.

Don¡¦t tell me my heart is bleeding or I am a hippy drug trafficker myself, I stress that in Nguyen¡¦s case, he should not die with the substantial circumstances.

you have severe bleeding heard syndrome...

and WTFBBQPTY.LTD is substantial circumstances????

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2005 07:57]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution???? Wed, 30 November 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
This guy tried to traffic approximately 400 grams of heroin. An average heroin dose for an average user is approximately 20 mg. That equates to roughly 20000 doses. This guy could have ruined 20000 lives, not counting relatives or victims of crime.

Die drug smuggling scum. Good riddance and get fucked. I won't shed a tear or lose a second's sleep.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Request for a little help with Mozilla Firefox.
Next Topic:being paid the right amount
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:21:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088551044464111 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.