Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Fri, 12 August 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya man,

I've been following your build up very nice looking 25

Congrats with the conversion

Cheers Trent
  Send a private message to this user    
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Fri, 12 August 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, its good to see all these people who are interested in this showing their support, so thanks people.
3 Pages thats quite an effort for a small car Very Happy ...
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Sun, 14 August 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lately i have had a few problems with idling and revving higher than about 3k revs.... So i fixed up the timing yesterday arvo but it was still doing it that night... but I was driving home from work tonight and gave it some expecting for it to studder up high... but it just kept revving. Must of got to about 7k revs, the best sound i have heard in a while.. So i am thinking the computer had to adjust to the new timing thats all... It is still idling weird but other than that it seems fine. Revs all the way out smoothly.
Cheers
Michael
MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Mon, 15 August 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate well done and congrats!
Your only a little number of people out there who actually didn't give up and sounds like you managed to do most of the work yourself~!

My car has been off the road now for about 2 years, took me around 6months to do the engine conversion!

Look forward to seeing it in action!
Where bouts you in sydney?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Mon, 15 August 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man, yeah i have done pretty much everything myslef except for wiring and exhaust... But since this was my first conversion i am pretty happy with it.
I am in the Sutherland Shire. Where abouts are you? EDIT-Sorry just checked your for sale thread.. NIce car man, pity you are selling...
Cheers
Michael

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 23:55]

1ZZFEWagon
Regular

August 2004
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Tue, 16 August 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow..
pretty sure will look like this when you're done

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 06:48]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Tue, 16 August 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the pic but why did you put that up??
Michael
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 17 August 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Megz, good to hear you got to the stage where you can drive it!

You should try to make it along to the Toymods cruise on the 11th of September, the Toymods guys and the CCG guys are meeting up in Nowra (details are in the cruise section). I am planning on going in my rolla, be good to have another 25 along for drive.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 17 August 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks for that Shane, I have had a few problems today but am trying to work stuff out.. It seems like the gearbox is leaking oil which is really annoying and the water pump will need replacing... Also i will need to get a new cable for that battery as this one melted(being to close to extractors Mad ).
I will try and make it but i prbly will be quite busy around there.
Cheers
Michael
Spode
Regular

June 2005
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 17 August 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome work, sucks the bag that your getting niggling little probs but it will work out in the end and all will be good. I hate it when shit starts melting/burning. Not a good luck when smoke starts pouring from bonnet! Anyways keep up the good work.
Catcha, Tom
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Thu, 18 August 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks Tom, there seems to be a LOT of little problems but i guess i just have to wrok thru them...
PLus money is really slowing me down!!
Cheers
Michael
Spode
Regular

June 2005
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Thu, 18 August 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to make pointless/gay post. But i got an avatar!

or maybe not......

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 12:29]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Sun, 21 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah nice looking engine bay Rolling Eyes... YEah i got my car going again. Seems like the battery connections weren't hooked up properly.
And it seems to be going pretty well too.
My g'box seems to be leaking pretty bad from the main seal.. Is there some sort of additive to the oil like stop leak or something? Or will i have to take it fully out and replace the gasket/seals?
Cheers
Michael
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Mon, 22 August 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice project man, i dont know about additives, i know whenever ive used them theyve just cost me more that the gasket costs to fix the job properly. I would just take it out on a free weekend to fix it. keep up the good work!
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 24 August 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude jsut put some engine stop leak in to thicken up the oil, if it stops leaking u know its probably the rear main seal.

man i told u to change all ur belts and shit b4 u put it in Razz
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 24 August 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You said nothing of the gearbox haha, plus i was lazy.. I think when i have time i'll just take it out and get it fixed so i know it is fixed...
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 24 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it is pretty much finished bar the small leaks... Here are the newest pictures of everything hooked up:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5293/pict04947xy.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3521/pict04955rs.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4900/pict04990qu.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1245/pict05010dp.jpg

Thanks to all those people who have helped us out in someway or another...
Cheers
Michael

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 06:02]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up-VERY CLOSE TO FINISH Wed, 24 August 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now to start upgrading her Rolling Eyes....
Well not yet anyways.
Michael

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 05:58]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4age Ke25 Sun, 28 August 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well here is my clutch setup...
First of all i put the clutch master in a suitable spot so it would have enough room room for the line and so i would be able to fill it... Then i measure the distance between the plunger and the shaft that the clutch pedal bolts on to, pic below:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9953/shaft7ql.jpg
Then i went to a metal fabricators and bought some mild steel bar, 20mm x 4mm and about 200mm long(you have to make sure it is think enough cause it will bend under the stress)... I had to bend it so i decided to get a blow torch to heat it up(but if you have a sturdy table and vice just use a sledge hammer) because it is pretty hard to bend.... So i first bent a 90degree angle about 60mm down from the top of the bar, then measured it up with the plunger and shaft and worked out where the next bend will be. I marked it on the bar(roughly about 60mm across) and bent another 90degree angle in it and drilled a hole where the plunger would bolt to it... I took it up to the metal fabricators again and got the bar welded to the shaft... I put it back together again tested her, it worked.. Here are 2 pics:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2717/pict05021ox.jpg
http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/7692/pict05037aa.jpg
(This was my third attempt at it, it takes time and patience so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time)
I know its a bit rough but at least it works...
Cheers
Michael
jasonke20
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Ke25 4age Mon, 29 August 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see your project is coming along well. I've been following it for the last few weeks. I am in the process of a KE20 4age conversion myself. I have been building it for three years now. The conversion is complete, now I've pulled it all apart so I can paint it.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 01 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome, you've done a heaps good job, when do I get to go for a run in it??? Wink

Oh and that night in Mac Pass was that Todd in the soarer? He chose not to tell me about that little incident... Im sure everyones heard about mine...
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Fri, 02 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, i really appreciate the support... Yeah Keal that was Todd, it was my fault for spinning plus it was a blind corner so he acted the best he could in the situation...
I'll take you for a drive when it is running well.. i still need to fix the timing and that on it, just dont have time.
Cheers
Michael
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Fri, 02 September 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No wukkas... hopefully you timing isn't half as spastic as mine... From the timing light mine is running at around 60BTDC... however thats when the timing is actually at 10BTDC and when my car goes into diagnostic mode it still advances timing... Its a real bitch... its never going to be perfect...
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Sat, 03 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats cool... my timing is still pretty out, i just need to take it into work and i'll get it sorted out...
I maybe getting a set of superlites for her, 15x7's, but i'll find out at the end of this week...
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age(help with electrics please) Sat, 03 September 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey people(to the auto-electricians mostly), well here is my problem(i own a ke25 with a 4age):
I bought a thermo fan today and before i started to put it in i needed to find a wire which came from the ignition. So i searched for one finding what i believed to be the radio or cigar lighter(the wire was loose, and i don't have a radio in my car).. I got the multi-metre out and made sure it had power just from ignition and not direct battery power either.. So once i knew it had ignition power i was about to make sure i didn't need it for something else when it hit some metal. A spark came up and i thought i mmust have blown a fuse.. So i checked the fuse panel and all looked fine with no breaks or anything.. SO i thought that was weird, so i made sure my car started, it did... BUT i had no instruments... THe dash lights are gone, petrol gauge is gone, same with temp gauge, same with battery light and oil light... But the switches for driving lights, windscreen wipers, indicators(left side is good, but right side stays on instead of flicking on and off) and horn work...
So my problem is nothing with the dash is working and i got no idea what it is.. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP...
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Sat, 10 September 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have fixed up the water/coolant leaking.. It was the outlet on the top of the engine to go to the top of the radiator... So i just made a gasket, put some gasket-seal on there then bolted it on and it is running a LOT better..
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Tue, 13 September 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have got both the electrical and leaking problem under control.. And it seems to be going the best it ever has!!
Cheers
Michael
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 15 September 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear it's all running well now, your persistence has paid off Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 15 September 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loving that engine bay mate, the colour scheme with the black cam covers and the yellow looks great!

Certainly sounds like your hard work has paid off! Nice work.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 15 September 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks guys, thankfully i waited and persisted... Yeah got the thermo hooked up today which is even better.. BUT F*****G repco. sold me dodgy parts!!
YEah the engine bay is sort of looking cleaner, but the new wiring for the thermo has sort of messed it up a bit..
OH well,
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Wed, 21 September 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, the half cage is coming soon. Same with a few other nice extras... I'll take some pics when it looks a bit better...
Cheers
Michael
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 29 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey michael, havent been on for while, but everythings looking awesome. Good to hear its on the road after all the hard yards. I like what you've done with your clutch pedal Wink What an awesome idea!! Razz
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 29 September 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the red pod filter looks a bit out of place ... mainly because its red but i dont think they make yellow ones
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Fri, 30 September 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks guys... i don't like the filter but since it is not a show car or will it ever be 1, i really don't care. It does the job....
Yeah i know the clutch pedal is a genious idea haha...
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Sun, 02 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WEll my beast is now sporting a new black bonnet, boot and front apron... Thanks for the parts Rob(74ROLLA).. Here she is:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4600/pict05549gf.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5048/pict05521pa.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1526/pict05558vt.jpg
Also i will have to upgrade soon, the power is getting a bit boring Confused ...
Cheers
Michael
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Ke25 4age Sun, 09 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt your P plate restrict airflow ??????

hahaha Very Happy

cheers scott
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Sun, 09 October 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it really lags with the plate there... you notice the difference when it is not there Rolling Eyes ...
Don't worry black boot is comiong off too, looks wrong with it.
Cheers
Michael
Black
Regular

March 2005
Re: Ke25 4age Tue, 11 October 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome stuff thinking of doing the same thing but 4agze turbo.. would you know if this is possible or anything about it ?? maybe its the next upgrade your looking for to get the power :D:D

Cheers Black
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Tue, 11 October 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks mate. i was thinking about that but if i was going to go for more power i would buy something else i reckon... All i would really have to do(if i was only gonna run low boost) is get :
-manifold made up,
-new exhaust,
-cooler,
-aftermarket computer,
-bigger injectors(maybe)
-And a few more things.
But at the moment don't have time and i really can't be bothered with trying for more power. She is going really well and i haven't even needed to work on it or fix anything lately.
Cheers
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Tue, 11 October 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont let the cars spirit die inside u until have put the diff in. every time i do something little to my car it gives it a new lease on life and i fall in love all over again!

diff + locker = fun times for megz Very Happy
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Wed, 12 October 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'll see. i really can't be bothered with doing anything to it! I am happy with it now, it gets me a-b and even c, so i can't complain.
diff+locker=loss of licence & fun Rolling Eyes ...
And i would sort of like to keep my licence for as long as possible. Last time i lost it, i was very sad!
Michael
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Ke25 4age Thu, 13 October 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with Dom

lockers ROCK.

do it DO IT. Laughing

cheers scott
dukes
Regular

October 2005
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up Thu, 13 October 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows the bodywork coming along? That thing is a weapon. Hoping to upgrade my celica to a 18rg but could only dream of blonking a 4age.. good times Smile

oops.. edit, i only finished reading your first page. Thats quite an achievement. Hope you carry a fire extinguisher, i lost a my pride and joy once and wouldnt want anyone else to go through the pain..

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 10:18]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My 4age Ke25 build up Sat, 15 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, laziness is really stopping any sort of body work at the moment. I just don't have the time or money for it... Oh well.
Yeah thanks for the advice, i was actually thinking of putting one in there, but once again struggling for money...
Cheers
Michael
Also no locker!! at the moment that is haha... It pulls 2 legs in the wet anyways so it is all fun at the moment.
davoo_96
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man,
looks good. i think i saw your car up at the shops the other week, i recognised it when i saw it cause i'd already had a look at this thread.

anyways, keep up the good work champ.

cheers phil

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 03:01]

RO11LR
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Ke25 4age Fri, 21 October 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate nice job on the rolla , i also have a ke25 and want to do the same as yourself ,i'll see if i can get a photo on here , but anyway i want to know what you did about the crossmembers (engine & gearbox)? did you just use the standard ones and modify the mounts? if so was it a c#@t of a job ? what would you recomend to mount the engine ( i mean would you do it the same way again or not) hopefully hear from you soon, you've inspired me to get off my ass and get rid of the old 3k
thanks mate , RO11LR
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age Fri, 21 October 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, appreciate the support... Definately gets some pics up mate, but not on this thread please... I didn't modify either cross member, or g'box cross member. the mounts which i got copied, fitted a 4age to a ke20 without modifying anything.. .So i just got those copied and after a bit of stuffing around i got it to fit. Honestly i wish i jsut had taken my time to make the mounts myself. I think it would of been a lot easier and i could of made everything fit properly... If you have anyother questions mate, just PM me and i am happy to answer them.
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age maybe for sale Sun, 30 October 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just thought i'd bring it to the top...
I will be selling her in the not-to-distant future. So if you are intersted send me a PM,
CHeers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age maybe for sale Sun, 06 November 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it will be for sale at the end of this month, it doesn't have the front lip, or black boot lid anymore and all interior has been put back together...
CHeers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age maybe for sale Tue, 08 November 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i got it dynoed today.... 78RWKW's!!!! At autosport engineering(i am doing workplacement there)...
Stoked!!! I did a new timing belt, water pump, oil change, coolant flush, exhaust gasket, then the boss adjusted all the tps and idle control... Then he chucked it on the dyno for us!!
ANd it pumped out that figure!! He didn't print off a sheet for us but i will get one next week if possible... ANd it is legit!!
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age maybe for sale Sun, 13 November 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are the new pics and the link for the for sale thread...
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=85155&start=0&rid=2749&S=0446f99765b f390a2c801aab8609be98
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age maybe for sale Sun, 20 November 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still for sale,
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age - Splitting up parts maybe Mon, 28 November 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK i have decided if i can't sell the whole thing, i will split up everything. I will only do this if i can guarantee everything will be sold. i will prbly start to split stuff up after christmas if no one wants it.
If interested PM me,
Cheers
Michael
71SPECIAL
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Ke25 4age For sale - But will seperate parts if no one want sthe whole thing! Mon, 28 November 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the motor, wiring loom computer and all engine ancilliaries?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ke25 4age For sale - But will seperate parts if no one want sthe whole thing! Tue, 29 November 2005 01:23 Go to previous message
Can u pm me if you want prices, i don't want this thread cluttered with prices and wat people want.
Michael
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supra #2
Next Topic:StockAE86's Sprinter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:15:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008897066116333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.