Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ke 35 shocks change upgrade...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Mon, 28 November 2005 23:08 Go to next message
got a corolla which is lowered 2 inches front and rear looking at changing front and rear shocks.... wat would be suitable???
  Send a private message to this user    
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Tue, 29 November 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is daily driver so i need a descent ride wat brands to ppl recommend prices???
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Tue, 29 November 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything gas will be a tenfold better than what you currently have in the car.

in my old KE55 i had Monroe's, i currently has Pedders in my current KE55 and theyre all pretty much the same really
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Wed, 30 November 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the car is basicaly standard, but lowered, then you can just use standard spec shocks. So just get new Monroe or whatever. Garbriel from supercheap will probably be the cheapest.

If you want to get fancy, and use short stroke shocks to keep the cut springs captive, then you can use front strut inserts from a ST162 or ST185 celica, and either use a spacer in your strut, or shorten the strut. You really need to think about what your doing with this if your gona do that.

For rear shocks, the Monroe ones are the same part number as Commodore wagon. So if one suplyer hasn't got them, look it up for commodore. Also rear shocks from a XT130 corona should fit a lowered car well.
TRAV-KE55
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Wed, 30 November 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enqure about some Koni or bilstein. Far superior to Monroe, although if you are going to go the cheaper option stay away from gabriel, i have a full set in my pintara wagon and the standard stuffed shocks felt about the same, they are lame.
Trav
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Thu, 01 December 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the replys ppl ill look into some monroes dont really want to spend to much $. as long as it improves the ride no doubt it will the standard shocks from factory are still in it ! lol
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Thu, 01 December 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No no no no no, monroes, pedders etc.... gas shocks are shit. They are normally too soft, with way too much rebound, just stuffs the whole characteristics of the car, get some kyb oil shocks, not that expensive and will last just as long as the tokico or kyb's that your car should of come with standard. Gas shocks are ok for a car with a lot of weight ie. commonwhore. You'll find you will loose a lot of traction through turns, under acceleration with gas shocks. They are just crap.

my 2c for what its worth...

'thanks for the replys ppl ill look into some monroes dont really want to spend to much $. as long as it improves the ride no doubt it will the standard shocks from factory are still in it ! lol'

Well keep them and get some harder springs.
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Thu, 01 December 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'Far superior to Monroe, although if you are going to go the cheaper option stay away from gabriel, i have a full set in my pintara wagon and the standard stuffed shocks felt about the same, they are lame.'

For your information Gabriel are made alongside monroe.
TRAV-KE55
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Thu, 01 December 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollin_stock wrote on Thu, 01 December 2005 23:05

'Far superior to Monroe, although if you are going to go the cheaper option stay away from gabriel, i have a full set in my pintara wagon and the standard stuffed shocks felt about the same, they are lame.'

For your information Gabriel are made alongside monroe.

Well there you go, i didnt know that, they are marketed cheaper, do that have the same internal components, all i know is that they still feel like rooted shocks, nowhere near enough rebound or bump control, and it is a standard car.
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Thu, 01 December 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting, i found they had too much rebound, i had new ones in my dato 1200 a while back, got them cheap and thought i'd try them, hey its a daily driver, found that the ride is like having no shock absorbsion at all, just hard springiness all round, super bouncy.

Guess I just wouldnt use them at all, not even to fend off those jehovis witness doorknockers.
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: ke 35 shocks change upgrade... Thu, 01 December 2005 12:30 Go to previous message
As for the internal components, i have absolutely no idea...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RN20 diff => G series LSD
Next Topic:MA70 door cill length? from guard to guard
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:39:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042688846588135 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.