Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
japcrp
Occasional Poster

September 2004
PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 09:07 Go to next message
HI GUYS
I NEED HELP QUICK!
I HAVE JUST REPLACED THE 4AGE IN MY AE82 AND EVERYTHING HAS GONE WRONG!
SO FAR THE D@#K HEAD THAT PUT THE FUEL FILTER ON LAST TIGHTEND IT UP TO MUCH AND FLARED THE END OF THE FUEL LINE SO I HAD TO RE FLARE THE FUEL LINE... THEN THE FUEL LINE THAT GOSE FROM THE FUEL FILTER TO THE FUEL RAIL LEAKES SO I REPLACE THAT AND THE CAR RUNS OK FOR A FEW WEEKS UNTILL......
THE CAR STARTS SPLUTER REALY BAD UNDER LOAD AN I GET A BIT WORRYED SO I TAKE IT TO THE WORKSHOP AND GET IT LOOKED AT. HE CLAMPED OF THE RETUN LINE AND THE CAR RUNS OK BUT REALY SLUGISH ( AS CAN BE EXPECTED)
HE SCRACHES HIS HEAD FOR A WHILE AND SAID IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP, OK SO I GET THE FUEL PUMP ( DAM EXPENSIVE) AND I PUT IT IN.... NO GO!!!! SAME THING OK I CALL HIM UP AND HE TELLS ME IT MUST BE THE REG SO I SWAP IT OVER WITH THE OTHER ONE FROM THE OLD ENGEIN, NO GO! GETING REALY PISSED NOW. SO HE TELLS ME IT MUST BE THE INJECTORS SO I GET THEM REBILT AND I HAVE JUST PUT THEM IN AND YOU GEST IT NO BLOODY GO!!!!!!!
THIS NEEDS TO GET FIXED OR AS I SAID IM GOING TO TORCH IT AND GET THE MONEY FRONM THE INSURANCE PAY OUT AND BUY ANOTHER CAR!!!!
PLEASE HELP COSS IM REALY SICK OF WORKING ON THIS DAM CAR!
THANKS PETE Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dare say you've eliminated the fuel system haha.
have you checked the spark?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried replacing the fuel filter
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried pressing capslock? because i can't read anything you have written.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.twistedmindz.co.uk/capslock.jpg
japcrp
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um mabe but when the return line is clamped off it works ok ish?
fuel filter was changed when i put the engien in.
and thanks for pickin on my post! i dont spend all day on the computer. and i was f#$ken pissed off!!!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i suggest a change of mechanic to someone who knows what they are doing.

Have you tried running a diagnostic test to see if its a faulty sensor or something?
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Tue, 29 November 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you checked the timing at all? i had similar issues with my ae82.
japcrp
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Wed, 30 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirty_Sanchez wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 09:42

have you checked the timing at all? i had similar issues with my ae82.

humm not a bad idea?
thanks
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Fri, 02 December 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
japcrp wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 08:59

fuel filter was changed when i put the engien in.

Doesn't mean it's not blocked from picking up shit in the tank or dodgy fuel somewhere.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Fri, 02 December 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the fuel pressure regulator getting a good vacuum signal?

if the engine is working when the return line is clamped, and not when it is left as it should be, it suggests that there is a fuel pressure problem to me.

CHeck fuel pressure in the rail.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Fri, 02 December 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u still need a match

here u go

-----o

heheheh
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Fri, 02 December 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you give more details of the actual problem beyond "THE CAR STARTS SPLUTER REALY BAD UNDER LOAD ". If the engine runs OK while idling and under very light throttle but lacks power and dies when you accelerate harder o under load it could be the earthing of the ECU wiring. Tighten all the earths around the ECU or jiggle the ECU loom connectors and see if it runs better for a while.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Fri, 02 December 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about crap in the tank blocking the pick up hose. See if you can borrow a fuel pressure gauge and plug into where the cold start injector line connects to on the fuel rail
Another thing to try would be another coil as well as the ignitor module.
Are all the vacuum lines correct ?
japcrp
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!! Sat, 03 December 2005 07:12 Go to previous message
update!!
ok so i took it back after checking over everything.
they checked it all againe re did the timming changed the plugs and did some other stuff that i have not asked about yet and it runs ok but once the temp starts to rise the problem comes back??
with the splutering when you put you foot on the excelerator peddel it dose not want to move and it spluters and carys on but there is no movement at the station! sometimes it picks up sometimes it dosent?
its still got me stumped, and it couldent be bad fuel cos we cleaned the lines.
oh well mabe that mach will come in handy after all lol
thanks pete
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze 2 4agte
Next Topic:emanage on 4ag
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:51:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069320201873779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.