Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
ae86 20v wiring mystery :( Tue, 29 November 2005 18:05 Go to next message
ok here's my problem, when i step on the brake pedal, the parker lights come on. dash lights up as well. exactly like when i turn on my parker lights.

also, this problem only happens occasionally. some days it happen, some days its alright.

so, do i have to check almost every wiring, or had anyone had this b4 and can help me narrow down the error probabilities?? Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: ae86 20v wiring mystery :( Tue, 29 November 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had exactly this happen for a while, but it wasn't intermittant. Turned out one (and then a week later, the other one too) of the double-filament brake light globes had blown, but the filament had broken off one end and fallen against the other filament, causing the driving light circuit (incl dash backlight) to backfeed whenever you put your foot on the brake pedal. Of course, when the second one went i had no brake lights at all so i was thinking it had to be something in the wiring. Didn't help it was straight after i'd done my 20V conversion, so figured it was my dodgy wiring.

Moral is, check your globes. If not, then a bad earth would be my next guess, but somehow your brake light circuit is feeding into your park light circuit, so there's a short between them. If it doesn't do it in reverse (ie brake lights on with headlight switch) then i'd be pretty sure its your globes.

Hope its that simple.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: ae86 20v wiring mystery :( Wed, 30 November 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like globes to my car to me. problem just started a few nights ago. but sometimes its fine. will go check my globes later.

thanks in advance Wink
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ae86 20v wiring mystery :( Wed, 30 November 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had this problem aswell, it happened because i just jammed wrong globe in the socket and used for while, have to use right ones Smile
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: ae86 20v wiring mystery :( Wed, 30 November 2005 13:38 Go to previous message
i just changed globes a month back. still havent checked the hachi though. seem to be fine today Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cruise Control
Next Topic:82 KE70 4A-GE?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:03:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048761367797852 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.