Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cultus
Occasional Poster

April 2005
1G cam question Sun, 27 November 2005 10:07 Go to next message
Just curious whether the cams from these 3 engines : 1GFE, 1GGZE & 1GGTE are interchangable? if yes, which one has a higher lift?
Thank you
  Send a private message to this user    
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G cam question Sun, 27 November 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G-GTE, and 1G-GZE cams are interchangable.
I don't know thew specs of the GZE cams however. I am looking for the same information.

1G-FE is a single cam engine and the cam doesn't work in the twin cam head.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G cam question Sun, 27 November 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesnt a 1G-FE, come out in the Lexus IS200 and have VVTI, hence it would have a extra set of camshaft lobes for the VVTI.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G cam question Sun, 27 November 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 06:05

1G-FE is a single cam engine and the cam doesn't work in the twin cam head.

The 1GFE is a twin-cam engine, but it's scissor geared, so the cams aren't interchangable with the G head.

The other option you've forgotten is the 1GGE cams, which are likely to have the most lift. Buggered if I can find anything useful on specs for 1G cams though.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually did a bit of measuring on the sets of cams i have at home and from what i can tell, the gen2 1ggte cams i have have slightly more lift than the 1ggze cams. I'm not not exactly sure on how to measure duration though.

Hope that helps.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Opps Brain Fart....

For future reference please ignore all of my post prior to 10am when I actually wake up after my 2nd or 3rd coffee.

1G-GE cams have slightly more lift than 1G-GTE cams and more duration. I still like to know the specs on a GZE cam however.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirty_Sanchez wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 12:14

I'm not not exactly sure on how to measure duration though.

Do this with the cam in the head.

Set up a dial indicator on one of the cam lobes. Set up a degree wheel at the front of the cam. Rotate the cam five degrees and measure the lift. Repeat process till you have completed one revolution. Plot results in Excel with degrees along the x axis and lift on the y axis. You will see there is a large peak in the middle with a large flat area of no lift. The maximum lift is the height of the peak. Duration is the distance along the x axis that the peak occurs over. A better and more accurate idea of what the cam is like is to measure the duration at a given lift - the standard is at 50 thousandths of an inch lift.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If someone would like to give me a set of GZE and GE cams in good condition I will look into this as I have a head at home to play with.

I have read elsewhere that:
1G-GTE cams have : 7.3mm lift and 194 degrees duration.
1G-GE cams have : 7.5mm lift and 205 degrees duration.
1G-GZE cams have : ???mm lift and ??? degrees duration.

I would like to fill in the ???'s

Note to those who give cams.... You do not get them back...
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 12:53

Note to those who give cams.... You do not get them back...

How enticing Rolling Eyes
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was also wondering about this...Does anyone have 1GGTE Gen 2 and Gen 3 cams...they can measure and see there is a difference in duration and lift... I have heard that Gen2 cams are smaller then Gen3 1g cams so maybe this is why the Gen 3 1GGTE responds so well with the same amount of boost as a Gen 2 engine?

If this is true I would gladly to a cam swap to Gen 3 cams.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may concider purchasing then.....sheeeeesh....

Some people just don't want to know what is under the ???'s
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you need to add a category Lambolica. I think we need to make a distinction between Gen2 and Gen3 GTE cams. We need to test Anthony's theory that the Gen3 has more aggressive cams.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G cam question Mon, 28 November 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I don't have an issue with that. I can compare Gen II and Gen III cams as well.

I just need the cams. I have leads on 1G-GE cams I may know where I can get GenII cams and I have GenIII's So I need a lead on GZE cams
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G cam question Tue, 29 November 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe make u a deal I'll give u my Gen 2 cams for Gen 3 cams if they have more lift..... Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G cam question Tue, 29 November 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You give me Gen II cams and I'll find out if Gen III cams have more lift Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1G cam question Tue, 29 November 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have gen 2 cams. Couldn’t get the bastard bolts out that hold the cams in though as it has been sitting around for a while. So gave up and did something else instead.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G cam question Wed, 30 November 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gen 1 cams?
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G cam question Fri, 02 December 2005 06:34 Go to previous message
Ok peoples I think I will bite the bullet and do the cam swap with Lambolica... just wondering can I run my car with the stock ECU with those cams...until I get my stand alone computer??? If yes I post results...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3T-GTEU knock computer pin out
Next Topic:1jz exhaust/intake
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:46:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046579837799072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.