Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car'

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 28 July 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure is,

this would be Al from Melbccr correct?

been meaning to get ahold of some of the old guys sometime and see what's changed in ur world. Early days of MCCR were the best!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 28 July 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh yeh you still got pic's of Chooknats? I can't find them anymore, they used to be at firesports.com

can u ask around on mccr?
Sp33dY
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 29 July 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope... tis Mike Very Happy

I dont have pics of chooknats Sad

I havent been near mccr in 2 years.

Nice work on the Ford!
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 29 July 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol which car did you used to drive? (echo) hehe wild guess, what was ur nick-name on Mccr forums at the time of chooknats?

thanx for the compliments on the ford, I actually managed to skip it out for the first time today (looks ashamed) after running over a gutter lol (why THE HELL did I do that!!) ooh well didn't do any damage just made me feel like a tool, then of course I compensated by hanging the ass out a little, THAT did feel good though!!

Shin's still got a coupla things on his list he wants to fix up so I'm still not allowed to take it away even for the night yet but hopefully soon coz i'm down to 2.5 weeks to practice for calder!

btw just out of interest anyone have any idea if the boyz at calder would get up me if I tried a 360 spin and as I come out of it take the corner (if anyone follows that let me know) essentially I want to drift like normal but to start the corner I want to do a 360 spin first 8<) dunno what speed I'm gonna need to rip the hand-brake up for that but I wanna try it sometime!!

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 29 July 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try it and make sure some1 gets it on video im sure itll make excellent viewing even if you dont f*ck it up

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 14:07]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 01 August 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sp33dY wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 16:29

Nope... tis Mike Very Happy

I dont have pics of chooknats Sad

I havent been near mccr in 2 years.

Nice work on the Ford!

I think I remember, used to be a white R31, yes?

PS. Me too (2 years) lol

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 14:27]

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 04 August 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
Bump. After seeing/hearing this car go in person its a mighty fine freakin job and congrats to don and shin. Truly stunning! Shocked
Thanks
Troy
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 04 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh second that it was nice of don to drop into his old school so we could have a bit of a look see and i now understand buy what all you guys say about 1JZ's sounding like jets Shocked

GL with the drifting don Very Happy
-Calvin
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 04 August 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha ur welcome, I kinda like dropping in every now and again seeing how school has changed etc. Hope the teachers weren't too upset with my exit, I purposely didn't do anything silly but it still would have sounded a probably a little too exciting for them 8<)

I must admit I'm really looking forward to getting this out on the track, btw if anyone has any video camera's to bring on the night please do so, I'd love to actually see what it looks like from third person perspective 8<)

niterz all, take care
RB30lover
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 07 August 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big don you havent changed have you so when are you going to get the tractor on the drift circut eh Laughing so hows the garlic breth treating u..... Stu
RB30lover
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 07 August 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You forgot to mention that u were on your L's and the car didn't belong to you at the time don
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well two slight issues with tractor drifting

1) lack of speed, even the bigger tractors have a speed limit of 50kph

2) lack of ballz, my "big" tractor (actually a small one,) is only 60hp, with a rev range of idle 800rpm to redline at 2500rpm, so it doesn't really have much of a usable power band.

however that having been said, in the wet, down in the paddock I have actually managed to get the small tractor (Massey 35... 40hp 2wd) to slide around, basically have it in high second, roll it down the hill with the clutch engage, once you leave the road and get to the grass, hit the brakes as hard as possible (only has rear brakes, therefore acts like a hand-brake) get the tractor to start spinning, open the accelerator full and dump the clutch in, then you can start to do donuts, but that's about all the fun you can have in a tractor. And I never do it anymore coz the mechanics really don't appreciate it!!

Ooh and about the car not being mine and me being on my L's, if you have a look at the picture my L'plate is still in the rear window of the car, and I believe I did mention that it was my sisters car at the time 8<)

take care all and happy drifting

BD
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen Tractor drifting actually, On ice though Very Happy .(frozen roads)
My mate used to drift lil delivery trucks in the iced over carpark when he was living in the UK. All they needed to do was hose down the carpark before they went home that evening, then in the AM it was a perfect rink.
Boss didnt like it when he arrived in his merc though Shocked
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been a long time since I put any happy snaps up here, so here's a couple for now.

To give you an idea of what Don's done to our place recently, take a look at the Falcon junk he's leaving lying round:

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20157.JPG

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20158.JPG

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20159.JPG

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20160.JPG
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20161.JPG

Naturally, it's all knackered/busted, and there's more of it around the place too. Disgraceful, ey?

Anyway, I suppose I should share the other little story. A bit over a week ago, I took the mighty XF for a bit of a drive, and with moderate velocity achieved, something went bang...

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20162.JPG

My advice to everyone is to do your tailshaft loop NOW, not say 'yeah, I'm gonna put one on there...' This could have ended a bit nastier than it did. Oh, and who can't love the knowledgable mechanics comments: 'y'did that with a JAP engine? Barry had a 351 in his XD for 11 years and never broke a tailshaft, and you're telling me that happened with a SIX? 2.5 litres? Hey, what's that in cubic inches? A bit over one-fifty? But you need at least two-hundred-and-two to start making any power....'

Other assorted wear and tear:
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20163.JPG
(and that's only the fronts...)

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20164.JPG
How many times has that bumper been pulled off on potholes now? At least the 'mounts' are cheap!

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One looks slighty fat and menacing...
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20165.JPG

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20166.JPG
...the other is a reliable old workhorse built with pride by the people of Ford Australia.

Can you guess which one is which?
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Don wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:25

but that's about all the fun you can have in a tractor.
BD

umm there is some other fun that can be had....

I our "ride on" yes not tractor but i'll get to that it a MTD 14 hp V-twin POS with the hydrostic drive...we just went on our drive way with like a small 5 degree incline give it full throttle and just slam full forward in the side lever for the hydrostatic drive and...presto wheel stand...lol!

then in the light and nibble John Deere X595 23hp 1litre diesel...select two wheel drive and get on the smooth concert and give it full throttle of aobut 3000rpm of the little yanmah and just put the pedal down (hydrostatic drive again) and nice blackies...lol and they a good 8in wide and there two of them...lol

also where some more finised pics of the 1jz install...i need...a falcon never looked so good with a 1jz..in her nearly as good as a BA 4litre turbo...lol!

more pics...very entertaining thread... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nezza Cool
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
classic living under a rock mechanic call....lol

i like the "all weather" tyres....maybe just for track days now hey...?

also the plates need to be updated maybe....i'm guessing the LPG is no more?

Nezza Cool
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 08 August 2005 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotta love mechanics hey.

love the work guys!!!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 09 August 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a nice little email arrive in my inbox today, it had pics attached!

http://users.on.net/hydra/toymods/DonInEB225KphNT01.jpg
http://users.on.net/hydra/toymods/DonInEBatDelimitsign01.2.jpg
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 09 August 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 00:52

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20166.JPG

big don, darling one day im gonna make u a star! clickety click save as Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 09 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahahaahahaha awaits robs photoshop
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 09 August 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some engine pics would be nice Smile

also...skid pics?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 09 August 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, the LPG stays - I AM Mr Shin, remember...

Yes, skid pics/videos aren't too far away. Just hold on, peoples...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 09 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LPG 1JZ ey Wink

stealing my ideas....

mmmm high octane fuel for 40c a litre....someone would think that the world was upside down Wink
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 14 August 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just been reading over this thread again coz I'm bored and I just want to clarify something that should have been clarified before, Shin states that "prevoius vehicles to enjoy the big don touch" and then shows a series of cars I have driven in the past, well I only ever bent 1 of them, the "house" (xe wagon) was a result of so idiots late at night thinking there was nothing better to do than to let the handbrake off and take it outta gear (we found it the nest morning in the nieghbours back yard, but I actually never even bent a panel on that car)

As for the pintara, well that was a result of me "teaching" my GF to drive, her parent's refused to teach her so I figured I had to do something about it lol. as for the EB well, I must claim all the battle scars from that one, though the only one that was half decent was when I went through the fence into a paddock but still I landed rubber side down (yeh landed, I went straight on a corner and dropped into a paddock about 5-6 foot odd, pedders sports ryder warranty I don't think covers that!!)
all it did was spin around in the paddock and come to a stop.
but either way my point is Shin's obvoiusly been having fun painting me as a lout with little driving ability (which may or may not be true hehe, but it's not quite as bad as he portrays it 8<)

G'nite all and happy drifting
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 17 August 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well well well,

FINALLY we made it to calder, unfortunately I don't think anyone in my group had a camera of any kind 8<(

all I can say is I had a great night!! The old girl behaved herself somewhat most of the night.

My only wish is for a little bit more punch Wink there's no comparison between the old car and what it is now, but I'll be laughing harder when I can keep the drift going into third gear Smile though I must admit that redline in second is still 140+ so I guess it's doing a reasonable job so far Smile

Anyway G'nite all happy drifting I'll see if I can find any pics anywhere (if you've got any from tonight please lemme know asap Smile

Cheers,

Big Don
deankdx
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 19 August 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote]Anyway, I suppose I should share the other little story. A bit over a week ago, I took the mighty XF for a bit of a drive, and with moderate velocity achieved, something went bang...[quote]

Gday, i just joined this site because of this thread, i have the 1UZ XF ute Matt(FASTFOO) has worked on in bayswater.
it seems that the ford god does not like these toyota transplants as my tailshaft went bang probably the same speed you were going. just before it was going for engineers, damage under the car is considerable. so i doubt it would pass now.
i'm gunna reshell it into a sedan with 5 speed and enjoy..
this time with a tailshaft loop

what was the damage under your car?
what diff are you using ?
have you taken you'res down a drag strip yet?
thanks Dean
sv_i
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 30 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read this thread while at work and it tempted me into digging up my old login.

Don, you are nearly the spitting image of a mate of mine that lives in Mickleham and he drives exactly the same type of ute with greyed out SVO type lower panels.

his still has the gutless 6 in it though!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 31 August 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, there are too many people who TRY to be like Don, aren't there?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 31 August 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Shin were you at the academy billy cart day on sunday? Ethan smart reckons your sprinter was there? all i saw was a blue Aus spec with stock rims. does that fit the description of your car?
-Calvin
ke203sge
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 31 August 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE! Latest mod added:

http://stilen.net/imageopen.php?url=autos&image=auto258.jpg
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 31 August 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke203sge wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 21:55

UPDATE! Latest mod added:

http://stilen.net/imageopen.php?url=autos&image=auto258.jpg

haha too bad there's only one thing that gives it away, I don't drink (unless your talking about red tarax lol)

wouldn't mind re-shelling the Xf to a BA sometime though, but somehow I'm gonna tip that's stretching the budget a little 8<)

anyway happy drifting all

Big Don
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 06 September 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Guys !!

I've been looking at the 1JZ to replace my EFI 250 !

Was previously thinkning about turboing the 250, but the conversion looks pretty easy, so why bother !!

I think personally i'd stay petrol, now that i have a EFI tank might as well use it !
And def. 5 speed....
This current ute has never had a auto in it, so i dont want to start now ! Smile

keep up the good work !!

Cam
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sat, 10 September 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it's been a while since I put any news up here so I figured I'd drop a line and let everyone know what was happening.

well had great fun at calder last month, but unfortunately the 1jz decided that it'd had enough of Mr shin and I. i.e. it appears we've smashed a piston, either way that motor is scrap now.

Picked up another 1jz yesterday morning and with any luck the ute might actually make it back on the road within the week, so assuming I don't kill this engine before then i'll be back out at calder this month. Ooh well hopefully this engine might have some more of that elusive torque, Shin reckons the other one wasn't really happy and wasn't pulling as hard and she oughta anyway.

just in response to camzh

yeh the 1J definately makes a nice everyday engine, and for all it's faults I'm still tipping it as stronger/more reliable/more powerful than the old 250 xflow.

As for the manual side of things, yeh manuals can be fun, but the "manualized auto" is actually pretty awesome to, as for sticking with petrol, well worst case senario 2K for gas conversion but it depends how much driving you do, I personally clock up 2000+k's per week (don't ask me how, I used to do over 2500 when I was going to bairnsdale) so if you start averaging about 8k's to the litre and paying 55c instead of $1.35 per litre the 2K for gas becomes and investment lol I'm saving $200 per week working on the above figures (2.5 months to pay of your gas system lol 8<)

anyway happy drifting all look forward to seeing you at calder

Big Don
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sat, 10 September 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don dude! What did you do to that engine already!? Have fun with the transplant, hope this ones nicer Evil or Very Mad
Thanks
Troy
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 11 September 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Don !
Pity to hear about the death of the 1JZ !!

I'm not concerned about the price of fuel !!
My ute sees about 100km a month tops !!
which will probably change when its registered !! Smile
But i dont drive it everyday, so the cost of fuel is not really of concern !

2000km a week is a LOT of k's !!! I personally do at least 1000, and its normally about 1500km. But i have a work car Smile with work supplied fuel !!

cya,
Cam
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 11 September 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boofis wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 09:28

Don dude! What did you do to that engine already!? Have fun with the transplant, hope this ones nicer Evil or Very Mad
Thanks
Troy

yeh well I dunno, however did I let myself get talked into putting some "jap crap" into my fine automobile, build with pride by the people of Ford! It even has an Australian Design Award.

haha just stirring all, well actually dunno how the first engine died, mr shins gonna rip it apart and find out exactly what gave way I'm sure he'll post pics and an amusing story here when he's looked into it.

Hoping the new one might have a bit more punch too as Mr shin said the old engine didn't quite feel as though it was giving 100% of what 1J's should. Maybe one day i'll just have to upgrade some of my hardware. Pity the wallets empty lol

anyway stay safe and happy wrapping all

BD
deankdx
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 15 November 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering if theres any more updates on the 1JZ XF????
does it still get out to calder or is it still sleeping?
TWN-CAM
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 21 November 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to see this thing at calder again, it was going quite well considering the suspension work ! also was it u big don that was driving the brownish eb a while back at calder and finding it difficult to get short power over slide's Razz ?
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 30 November 2005 08:36 Go to previous message
hey guys sorry for the long absence,

just a little update on the xf, well she's still alive.

unfortunately cash kinda dried up after a while so she's still half-finished,

good news is that I hopefully just got a night time job (went for the interview this arvo and it sounds promising) so if that happens maybe i can finish the ute into something a little more exciting.

yep that was me in my mums ea sedan a few months back, yeh power oversteer doesn't work when u've got an open diff, just gotta hit the corner hard enough and let the wieght carry the rear around 8<) much more fun.

suspension on the ute is fine, it's problem is lack of ballz, my particular driving style doesn't appreciate the lack of ballz atm, though it'd be a lot better if the falcon h'brake cable didn't continually stretch to uselessness 8<) But as I said maybe we can put some more work into it and in a coupla months come back with a slightly more interesting drive

anyway till then take care all and happy drifting
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My RO11LR
Next Topic:My White Lightning
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:46:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010375022888184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.