Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Now that Futurama is back...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 09:48 Go to next message
Just a quick one, now that Futurama is back on TV...

Anyone remember the Episode where they find Fry's preserved dog and attempt to bring it back?

Now,.. Rex is a grown man/person/thing and the emotional type he is not, But in the end where the Dog is waiting for fry outside the pizza-shop is simply THE saddest piece of story telling He has ever seen, bar none.

So much so its actually hard to watch without the involuntary wettening of the eyes. Maybe its just because its so over the top...

So profound is this scene that He's sure anyone who'e seen it will understand.

Rex
  Send a private message to this user    
MarioM
Regular

January 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Season four - Jurassic Bark
Understood Sad. futurama is the koots Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys are queer...

... but I agree. Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its fantabulous

http://www.portalmix.com/futurama/downloads/fry3.gif

Very Happy
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what you mean, it was the saddest episode.

For another nice episode, check out season three's Luck Of The Fryrish. Another great ending.
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
such a sad episode...

love the quotes ive forgoted from the first episode.

"please choose the type of death you would like, quick and painless, or slow and painful..."

"uhh hi, id like to make a collect call"

"you have chosen slow and painful"

bender: "great choice"

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2005 14:53]

matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, know what you mean. I borrowed the DVD season off a friend and avoided that episode after seeing it once. The ending is well done, and the song is perfect for it.

It such a downer though. Poor Seymour.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the complete set - 15 dvds was at big w for $169 Very Happy
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Wed, 30 November 2005 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanna see that episode, just to see what everyone is on about.

cheers
chris
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best line ever......fry is taking pet bird home for leela for X-mas

*sqwark*
talkative little fella arent you
*sqwark*
SHUT THE HELL UP
*bird bites fry and fly's out of cage*
YOU STUPID BIRD...I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE *holds up cage8

or anything else by zapf
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witzl knows that of which Rex speaks very well....

I too am a grown man/thing/person, and usually never get effected by a soppy or sad story...

... but i've watched that episode a few times, and would have to agree with Rex.

If anyone else has seen it, the final episode where Fry performs the opera for Leila, it also has a fantastic ending. Not sad like Jurrasic Bark though.

Hats off to Matty G.

... i'm walkin' on sunshine, woa-oh....
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that ending is really heart renching.

same as the one where fry discovers yanci names his son after him, and he becomes what fry had wanted to. perfect choice of song. whenever i hear it now, i always think of futurama Razz

season 4 was totaly differnt to 1-3. all very emotionally loaded.

still one of the best animated series ever.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say they got all sad/emotional when the realised that their awesome program had been shit-canned by the network high-ups.

I know I would.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 04:08]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Whoaa . . . Check out that guy, He makes Speedy Gonzales look like regular Gonzales!" Shocked

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSound s/2ACV17/Sound7.mp3

Dammit - I forgot how to do the tricky link, where the name ISN'T the url... can someone plz remind me?

What's the episode where Fry's stuck in a tiny closet with the stabbin' robot . . . Robby might be his/it's name...
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its called insane in the main frame
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bender crack corn, and he is great...
... TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!
tafebum
Regular

December 2002
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont actually know any grown man/person/thing that hasn't shed a tear for that little guy.

RIP fry's dog Sad
wawa
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
8.00 take phone out to parents "im not here dont disturb me" I was looking forward to finally seeing the first episode. Ring Ring, comes in on the closing gasp of the simpsons theme "its for you" good mate and i couldnt snob him. so i missed up until they broke out of head museum. so I wait another ten years or buy the box set.
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i jsut downloaded it even tho ive seen it before, yeah its a pretty emotional ending. also does anyone know if family guy will ever hit free TV? i know they ahd it on in the mornings in the skool holidays, jsut wonderin if theyre gonna get it on again?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Thu, 01 December 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It has been on free to air tv dude, a couple years back it was on of the nights, lately they have been showing it around midday, watched it when i was studying for uni exams.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Now that Futurama is back... Fri, 02 December 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dear lord, dont get me started on the cartoons....

# pinky and the Brain
# ren & stimpy
# angry beavers
# family guy
# beavis and butthead
# clerks

the list goes on.

in fact, does anyone know if Pinky & The Brain is on DVD anywhere????
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Fri, 02 December 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never seen them anywhere, can't remember ever selling a set either working in retail for 3 and a half years.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Fri, 02 December 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
# invader zim
# simpsons
# dilbert
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Fri, 02 December 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 12:09

# clerks

Surely a cartoon cannot convey Kevin Smith's original comic genius in the same way as the movie did?
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Fri, 02 December 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the whole 1st season sent to my house under the previous residents adress...ive lived here for 4 yrs so it usually gets thrown in the bin...but it had cd (or dvd's as it was) in the envelope...futurama 1st season...score Cool

did i just admit that? Laughing
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Fri, 02 December 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tats wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 15:01

THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 12:09

# clerks

Surely a cartoon cannot convey Kevin Smith's original comic genius in the same way as the movie did?

I heard that they were going to make another clerks movie but animated like the series.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Sat, 03 December 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gave my xbox to a friend a while ago and he hooked me up with HEAPS of good cartoons.

american dad: same people who make family guy but BETTER.
trippin the rift: dirty and funny Smile
plus every rocko's modern life, upto season 15 of simpsons, all 2-4 of futurama, every season of south park, all family guy, heaps of other shit. if anyone wants anything bring around your xbox so i can leach some more games Smile
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Sat, 03 December 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
American dad = gold!

*this is not soup* Laughing
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Now that Futurama is back... Sat, 03 December 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guess what?? funnily enough family guy is gonna be on channel ten sunday night at 8 i think. Laughing Laughing Laughing
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: Now that Futurama is back... Sun, 04 December 2005 04:12 Go to previous message
Trippin the rift and American dad, two absolutely gold cartoons.

But you cant go past futurama it has been in the DVD player of my friends house for about a year now always ready for a drunken night or hilarity.

Sam.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Chuck Norris 'Facts'
Next Topic:PacMan for reals
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:27:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070171356201172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.