Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
d1ae86
Regular

September 2005
4agze into ae86 need help Tue, 29 November 2005 06:00 Go to next message
hey guys i previously had a 4agze with turbo on it but the last owner did it really bodgy. nothing was stock like alternator was on the left side where the supercharger is and then there is the bunch of rubber hoses n all that crap
well neways long story short its has this ae92 throttle body modified to fit the rwd 86 but i want to use the supercharger instead of the turbo(turbo is sold). so would this intake fit or do i need to use the ae92 ze type intake manifold.
its been tuned with mtx8 microtech do u guys know what these combo normally run as thier load preference? and also would this ae92 4agze use air flow meter? my one doesn't use it.
i am just tryin to find out all problems i might encounter

Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4agze into ae86 need help Tue, 29 November 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE92 intake manifold will foul the SC unless you make plenty of custom brackets. Plus you would run into the problem of having the throttle post-SC rather than pre-SC.

So it sounds like you need a full ZE intake setup, from filter to manifold.

I would use MAP as load for your Microtech. No need for an AFM.

Hen
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4agze into ae86 need help Wed, 30 November 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have several fundamental problems with your statements, and spreading of misinformation:

Quote:

hey guys i previously had a 4agze with turbo on it but the last owner did it really bodgy. nothing was stock like alternator was on the left side where the supercharger is

Someone removed the 4agze ancillaries and supercharger, and then used the 4age ancillaries which are much better suited to the use of a turbo on a 4ag** engine - which, shock horror, places the alternator on the intake side of the engine!!

Quote:

its has this ae92 throttle body modified to fit the rwd 86 but i want to use the supercharger instead of the turbo(turbo is sold). so would this intake fit or do i need to use the ae92 ze type intake manifold.

another good move by the previous owner. They "cut'n'shut" the fwd smallport 4age intake mani - much better for turbocharging.

Yes you will need all of the smallport (aka MAP sensor) 4agze intake gear and ancillaries.

Quote:

its been tuned with mtx8 microtech do u guys know what these combo normally run as thier load preference? and also would this ae92 4agze use air flow meter? my one doesn't use it.

microtech's use an on-board MAP sensor, your 4agze also was a MAP sensor version from stock by the sounds of things.

Quote:

am just tryin to find out all problems i might encounter

I would say there are HUNDREDS... the first of which is searching - cos i've outlined how to do the reverse of this (going from 4agze to turbo) in a couple of threads now.

Here's THE BIGGEST problem in my opinion
# you will need ALL of the 4agze ancillaries and brakets - supercharger, alternator, aircon compressor, idler pulleys, intake manifolds, throttle bodies, etc etc etc etc etcc.... unless someone is selling ALL of these, you will have a hard time finding them.

finally.. i think you will be MUCH better off just putting another turbocharger on the car!!!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4agze into ae86 need help Thu, 01 December 2005 03:39 Go to previous message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 15:32

Here's THE BIGGEST problem in my opinion
# you will need ALL of the 4agze ancillaries and brakets - supercharger, alternator, aircon compressor, idler pulleys, intake manifolds, throttle bodies, etc etc etc etc etcc.... unless someone is selling ALL of these, you will have a hard time finding them.

May just be his lucky day.

Hen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:weird question about intercooler and other stuffzor
Next Topic:AE86 rack and pinion in my ra23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 01:58:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064420700073242 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.