Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Revs
Occasional Poster

June 2005
20v quads on smallport 16v Wed, 30 November 2005 02:04 Go to next message
I know, I know, before you start blasting at me and saying this has been discussed before and you should just search for it. Well I have and I still don't know if it's possible. All I want to know is:

Has anyone here ACTUALLY put 20v quads on a smallport 16v using the factory ecu and got it to work?
And if so could they write a step-by-step guide on installing quads on a 16v (with either factory ecu or aftermarket) or just give us some info about it.

It will be most appreciated.Very Happy

Regards
Harley

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 12:44]

Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Wed, 30 November 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes its possible. no i dont know how. from what i was told, there was a lot of custom work that needed to be done. also had an APEXI safc on it(which i have one for sale Razz ).

i think i also saw one in member's ride a while back
Revs
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Wed, 30 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know its possible just wanna know how to do it.
I know what parts are required such as apdated plate, quads, safc and so.

The closest thing I found to a guide was this (written by drift86levin):
Quote:

i have the 20V quads on mine..stock ecu..you need an adaptor plate..about $250..here is a link http://technotoytuning.com/t3_site_pages/products/ itb_adapter.html
you don't use any of the injection stuff off a 20V..just the ITB's there literally individual, so don't take them off till you have the adaptor plate..to make them run on a stock ECU you have to tap a 3mm fitting into each runner of this manifold for the stock map sensor, and a seperate 5mm for the brake booster..i thought i would mention this here cos if you ask it in the tech section all they will do is say search!

most of the quads go for around the 200-$250 mark.. i got mine deliverd for $250 with all the 20V junk on it still (side feed injectors etc etc) so i geuss it's just more to sell

Just need a more detailed guide.
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Thu, 01 December 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
technotoytuning make these manifolds..

they come with a 3mm fitting tapped into each one, i tapped another bigger fitting for the brake booster vaccume, also as a bit of a balance tube to help idling.. (use to work with webbers etc, this does wonders for idle!)
t piece etc the all in.. use the 3mm one for the map line.. and the bigger one for the booster.. try and balance the qauds as best you can befor you put them on, cos there a bit of a bitch once there on.. if they come off a perfectly running 20V don't touch the idle screws..

i made up a cable bracket, although the cable on has a bit of slack, it's enough..also it's the stock 4age ae86 cable.. i made the 4age 16v tps switch fit as i didn't have a 20v one.. i made it fit buy using the 20v gold metal bit thing, bending carefully the tabs 180deg 'backwards' and she all fit beautiful..

Matty

http://images.cainer.net//uploads/quads2.jpg
http://images.cainer.net//uploads/quads3.jpg
http://images.cainer.net//uploads/quads5.jpg
http://images.cainer.net//uploads/quads4.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 06:51]

mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Thu, 01 December 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surprise suprise, im guessing t3 dont make one for the uglier bigport brother? Embarassed
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Thu, 01 December 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you check?
Revs
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Thu, 01 December 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty
So with your system you can run it open throttle with a stock ecu?
What about all the other hoses and sensors that are attach to the intake manifold? And the ones on the airbox itself?

I'm sorry for being such a noob Razz

Harley

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 10:18]

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20 quads on smallport 16v Thu, 01 December 2005 10:30 Go to previous message
mc68 wrote on Thu, 01 December 2005 18:44

surprise suprise, im guessing t3 dont make one for the uglier bigport brother? Embarassed

Just use the small port one, it'll fit and work fine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2tg/3t hybrid
Next Topic:AE93 SX Seca Conversion From 4AGE 100KW To 20 Valve Silver Top
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:04:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041508674621582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.