Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
AE86 quick rack, quaife Thu, 01 December 2005 08:37 Go to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=4594799637

Quick rack for AE86. 2.5 turns lock to lock. Never been used. Its just the bare rack and pinion and a new bush I bought, not the whole rebuilt steering rack.
  Send a private message to this user    
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Thu, 01 December 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this the updated version or the one that binds...?
when was it originaly purchased...?
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Thu, 01 December 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was originaly purchased a fair while ago, so I don't know. I may have to test it in my spare rack.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Thu, 01 December 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please find out because Im quite interested..
if anyone else knows when the new versions of these were released that would be handy.
cheers.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Fri, 02 December 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I had a good look at this. I put it together in a spare rack housing I have at work today.

It seamed to all go in fine, BUT it does seam to be one of the ones that bind up Sad
Mostly it works well, but when turning left (on the bench, not in the car yet) the rack travel is limited by 5-10mm. It binds before it reaches its stop.

Looking at the rack a bit harder, I see the problem and think I can fix it. With both stock rack and the quick one next to each other you see a difference in design. The stock one has a big cutout at the end of the teeth section. The quick one does not have this, and it sort of runs out of thread too soon (only by 5mm). I think if I grind a section at the end of the teeth more like the stock one, I would get rid of the last deformed tooth, and this will fix it to allow full travel. Its a bit hard to explain.

If someone wants to buy it I can grind it to fix if they want. Im sure I could make it work anyway. But its not ideal I know, since I paid about $375 for this I think.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Fri, 02 December 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you still have the receipt for it? I'm fairly sure that Quaife were willing to swap the old faulty ones for new units for no charge. Might be an option to go with.

Eddie.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Fri, 02 December 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have the receipt. I got it off someone on Toymods a while ago, and I don't think it has ever been used. I wonder if they would do the swap without a receipt, and who would do it threw?

If no one here wants it, I will have to fix it myself and use it one day. With my powersteering knuckles I probably wouldn't use the full travel anyway, tyres would probably hit the gaurd first.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Fri, 02 December 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure Takai has swapped a faulty unit in the past. Might want to drop him a pm and see who he dealt. No harm in asking for a replacement... the worst they can do is say no.

Eddie.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Fri, 02 December 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.quaife.co.uk/index

prob the best place to start...

are you still planning to sell it even if they are prepared to swap it for an updated version...?
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AE86 quick rack, quaife Sat, 03 December 2005 00:34 Go to previous message
the racks cost about 400 aussie each and i have just received the up dated version as takai had 1 of mine as well have pm him and are awaiting his reply and any body else that bought 1 from me send me a e-mail to gbooth@bigpond.net.au and also that any body wonts 1 as well these are new racks with the new recut rack in them ,as it has taken quaife 1 hole bloody year to do this
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze Front calipers with Brake pads (nearly new) and rotors!!
Next Topic:AE86 ADJUSTABLE DRIFT SUSPENSION with PRICES
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 11:31:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005490779876709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.