Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

18R-C, 18R-G head quiries Thu, 01 December 2005 09:29 Go to next message
Hi all i was wondering if the 18R-G head has the same stud pattern as the 18R-C head, if so has anyone put the 18R-G head on a 18R-C, i havent looked in to this to much but i couldent find anyone who as done it or find a 18R-G head to compare.

If anyone has any ideas or knowlede please let me know.

Cheers sam.
  Send a private message to this user    
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 18R-C, 18R-G head quiries Thu, 01 December 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill answer first with this. DO A BLOODY SEARCH. the icon isnt there just to fill the screen. and yes the pattern is the same but it wont just bolt straight on. pistons, timing case, timing chain, oil pump and everything on the head are different between the 2. just get a 18rg and use that.
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: 18R-C, 18R-G head quiries Thu, 01 December 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate well instead of telling me to do a bloody search you could offer me some info or where I could source it from. As a matter of fact I have searched but came up with shit all. Hence posting the question on the tech and conversions forum on toymods.

Now if I am not mistaken using this forum as a resource would also class this as searching for the info that I seek. So in actual fact i have proven that I have done a search, all I ask is for is a simple yes they will or no they wont which you have provided and for that I thank you but maybe next time you should just reply with a "go to this site" or "read this book" and I would be just as grateful.

Thank you.

Sam.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 11:12]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 18R-C, 18R-G head quiries Thu, 01 December 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we get ALOT of ppl here asking questions that have been answered numerous times.

short answer, yes they are the same, but cant be easily swapped

IF u have a stock 18RG and u destroy he bottom end, u can swap all the stuff onto an 18RC bottom end and get it driving

compression will be about 7.0:1 which is great for turbo, but appauling for N/A
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: 18R-C, 18R-G head quiries Fri, 02 December 2005 00:18 Go to previous message
Thank you that is all I ask I realize there are people with more knowledge on subjects than others, but I did go threw the last 100 posts on this forum and looked at several other sources before asking the question.

Cheers Sam.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 Gearbox with LSD and equal length shafts.
Next Topic:RN20 diff => G series LSD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:20:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040631294250488 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.