Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
drift king
Regular

February 2004
1jz exhaust/intake Thu, 01 December 2005 03:57 Go to next message
Ive just brought dump pipes for my 1jzgte would it be worth putting heat tape around them to keep the intake (witch is just above it) that little bit extra cooler??? or waste of time and money?

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 04:17]

Send a private message to this user    
drift king
Regular

February 2004
Re: 1jz exhaust/intake Thu, 01 December 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think its worth doing?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz exhaust/intake Thu, 01 December 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while the dumps are off why not ceramic coat? Smile

due to the lesser restriction of the dumps you'll quite possibly notice engine bay temps drop anyway. tape won't hurt (apart from increasing rust I've heard), but equally you prolly wont notice a difference unless you've got an unenclosed pod filter sitting above them
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz exhaust/intake Thu, 01 December 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would ceramic coat if you have money otherwise grab some exhaust wrap from www.horsepowerinabox.com. As Draven said probably won’t do much for intake air temps (depending on intake setup), but it will reduce under bonnet temps and help prolong the life of things in that area that don’t take well to excess heat. Also depends if you can still use the stock heat shield. If you can, then you wouldn’t have to use anything if you don’t want to as it will make around the same heat as a stock y-pipe anyway, possibly less.

Also, anyone see the product in HPI that is like a turbo bag that is long and goes over your dump pipe. Looks like a good idea to me but I already have exhaust wrap so I won’t be getting one. They said they are around $200.
drift king
Regular

February 2004
Re: 1jz exhaust/intake Fri, 02 December 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made up a box for my pod air filter put some heat sheild on it (its like stick on) And cut a whole in the body and put some ducting in works well!! So i dont think it will have any effect on that but that intake pipe runs over the exhaust seems to me in theroy that would heat the the air coming though that pipe. What do u think or am i just trippin over nothing Razz
drift king
Regular

February 2004
Re: 1jz exhaust/intake Fri, 02 December 2005 06:08 Go to previous message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2005 06:13]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G cam question
Next Topic:Pre pump for surge tank choice?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:17:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057361125946045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.