Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE82 Gearbox with LSD and equal length shafts.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bobob
Occasional Poster

December 2004
AE82 Gearbox with LSD and equal length shafts. Thu, 01 December 2005 23:49 Go to next message
Hi All,

I am looking at a replacement gearbox for my Corolla, it is different from my current one, this one has an LSD and equal length shafts.

I think that the advantages of this include the qualities of the LSD and the equal length drive shafts helping to eliminate torque steer.

These solid 'spline' thingos come out of the engine and the CVs bolt onto these, rather than current configuration where the CVs bolt straight up to the gearbox. Have I explained that clearly?

The question that I have is regarding this gearbox and configuration (its sitting on the floor at the wreckers):
The drive shaft lengths / widths and if they will fit or what might I have to do to make them fit.

At the moment I cannot measure if they will be the right length because to do that I will need the gearbox/shafts in place in the car.

I suppose once the gearbox and drive shafts are in the car I can measure and cut / weld the solid sections to that they fit.

Any advice regarding equal length shafts, and what other interesting things should be considered in this process.

The aim was for an LSD, I have found one, now I find that the drive shafts are different, but then I find they are designed to be equal length. That I am just not sure what happens next. If you take the good / bad / good / bad pattern from this story, the next bit should be bad…

Any advice from those that can help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE82 Gearbox with LSD and equal length shafts. Fri, 02 December 2005 00:33 Go to previous message
please get some pictures of this box... because i dont know what you are talking aboot.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:inaccurate boost gauges????
Next Topic:18R-C, 18R-G head quiries
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:23:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042221546173096 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.