Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
GT soarers Thu, 20 February 2003 10:35 Go to next message
A mate of mine is looking at getting a soarer and is wondering if any of the GT limited soarers are turbo models or can you only get all the extras in the V8's.

I wasnt sure but I know someone here can tell me.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 February 2003 10:35]

Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT soarers Thu, 20 February 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarers were built in so many different flavours it isn't funny.

However, there are 2 different spec turbo Soarers (I assume to are referring to the 1991-2000 Soarer series).

2.5GT-T - Base model, no real extras, but the quickest Soarer from the factory.

2.5GT-TL - Packed with most of the V8 style goodies. Lots of extra electrical crap which can be a nightmare when something goes wrong, but that is the price of luxury I guess.

Note that the V8 models and the GT-TL models weigh in at a hefty 150-200kg more (~1850kg) than the 2.5GT-T (1600kg), so if you want a car that gets up and boogies with the best of them, you want the lighest version (of a very heavy series of vehicles).
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: GT soarers Fri, 21 February 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found amoungs the TT soarers the badges don't mean shit.

Most badges have been changed for Lexus ones anyway and the equipment level varies so fastly you really need to spend a little while looking over each individual car to see whats in them.
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Fri, 21 February 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Features on Soarers... the list would go on and on!

Keep this in mind, it seems that (except for the obvious suspension differences) that the options available were just about available to any model of the xZZ3x Soarer line-up.

For example, I've got the 2.5GT-L, fitted with factory TEMS blah blah blah, but for some reason or another the owner in Japan didn't option in traction control, LSD, premium sound system or leather seats, while I've seen many of these features fitted to the base 2.5GT-T... but mine has ultrasonic mirrors and an LCD rear view mirror Very Happy Some 4.0GT-LTD's don't have sunroofs or the EMV screen for that matter.

I'd be guessing, a fully optioned up Soarer 2.5GT would include:
- Factory TEMS/ABS, traction control, power seats with velour or leather trim, premium sound system (ie. with factory midbass driver and 12CD changer), sunroof, ultrasonic mirrors, wood grain on dash, LCD rear view mirror, air purifier...
Obviously the 4.0GT-LTD has just about all of the above standard, so for 4.0GT-LTD try to look for:
- EMV screen, sunroof, ultrasonic mirrors, heated/memory seats, memory steering wheel/exterior mirrors, reversing camera...

Then many Soarers have other parts fitted from the factory, like power parking guide poles, front chin spoiler, rear bootlid spoiler/rear wiper combo, rear windscreen shade, sunroof visor, window visors, centre console refrigerator... bloody hell this could go on for ages! Laughing
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Mon, 24 February 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is the bottom of the bunch Sad No TEMS, rear spoiler, rear wiper, no woodgrain, different seats.........on and on and on. I prefer the seats i have though, and the fact i dont have woodgrain, however I would have loved some of the other extra goodies. Just that i didn't even know what a Soarer was, let alone what options they had when I got mine.
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Mon, 24 February 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't really matter IMO, a Soarer is a Soarer! Just the whole shape and presence it has on the road made up my mind about buying it instead of being yet another Skyline driver Very Happy

I was actually looking for a V8 Soarer LTD when I was looking around, then I stumbled across the Soarer 2.5GT, gave it a test drive, had a look again at other Soarers and noted what features they had and compared it to the one I've got now, went for another test drive and got hooked onto boost and the mighty 1JZ! Cool Evil or Very Mad Mine's not fully optioned, but it was one of the best condition Soarers I saw when I was Soarer-hunting, so basically I bought on condition instead of primarily looking at features of the Soarer.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GT soarers Tue, 25 February 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget the old imported GZ and MZ series Soarers Very Happy

for under 10K you get leather everything, electric everything, and a 180kW engine under the bonnet that can be modified considerably all the way up to around 800RWkW (thats the most i've seen anyway)

thats my 2 cents... right there
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Tue, 25 February 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, the GZ/MZ Soarers... true old school pimp mobile! Very Happy
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: GT soarers Tue, 25 February 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine has Lexus badging on it but my equipment level reads:

Electric driver and passanger seats,
Tems suspension
ABS
Woodgrain

I think all I missed out on was traction control Shocked , sunroof and rear spoiler.

The rest of the stuff is generally only seen on the V8's, and the equipment list would have too include gold bars in the boot for me to trade my 1jz for the v8.
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Wed, 26 February 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, mine's missing out on traction control and the sound system with sub/12CD changer, but in it's place I've got a sunroof, heated 'shaker' mirrors, LCD rear view mirror and front lip/rear spoiler-wiper combo. I reckon Soarers still look great without the factory spoilers anyway. Oh yeah, it had a TV as well Very Happy
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT soarers Wed, 26 February 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the TV work in Australia though ?
Mine came with a TV but was close to useless (apart from using the 12 stacker, tape & radio that is also controlled).
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Wed, 26 February 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer,
It did a tiny bit (had some sound and some picture... but real fuzzed up Confused

Is it Simon from the ALSC board? I remember replying to a post about the optional TV unit and about a free-air sub?

Anyway, I ripped out the TV cuz there was a CD stuck inside for about a month... had to listen to the same shyte until I had enough cash for a new head unit!
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT soarers Wed, 26 February 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, that's me Smile

Hehehe, I had the same problem with my TV too... I could pick some stations up with lots of static & flickering, but no audio.
I know have a full Alpine setup (bar the Kicker sub).
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT soarers Fri, 28 February 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good,

I'm feeling the need to take out the sub I've got now... it's starting to give me headaches whenever I need the boot hahah... I've got a full Pioneer setup in mine, except the amp hehe... I'm planning on re-doing it though... after the rest is done.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GT soarers Fri, 28 February 2003 22:08 Go to previous message
Since it's from Japan, the TV is probably NTSC (same as US standard)

sam.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A quick camry?
Next Topic:what is JAY-80N running ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 16:13:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059089660644531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.