Toymods » General Car Talk » Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]=

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

icon4.gif  Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 05:20 Go to next message
Guys, i just recieved a few emails from various sources reporting that hailstorm will hit sydney tonight.

So park your Pride and joy/s into the garage!! Cool

and park the P.O.Ss out in the open.

I'll start by parking my Nissan Skyline Shitbox HR31 wannabe Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona is sitting at the station in one of the suburbs supposed to be getting hit oh well. I have doubts on the hail actually hitting the car though, round my area if we have hail it follows the river. Other week fucking hail everywhere about a 2 minute drive from my house yet we barely even got rain. Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heed the warning, last year I was up in Sydney, heard a warning on the radio, told the GF it was just being talked up and we should just keep driving.

Her car now looks like a golf ball Embarassed
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My cars been caught in hail before albeit small stuff but survived fine. Oh well not much I can do about it sitting in an office an hour away. If it gets damaged I'll just continue to park it at the station. Laughing
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 01 December 2005 16:43

Heed the warning, last year I was up in Sydney, heard a warning on the radio, told the GF it was just being talked up and we should just keep driving.

Her car now looks like a golf ball Embarassed

dang that dosnet sound good Sad
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there will be 2 sprinters, a ke70, ae71 and ta22 in the driveway. and there will be one commodore in the garage Crying or Very Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Thu, 01 December 2005 17:19

there will be 2 sprinters, a ke70, ae71 and ta22 in the driveway. and there will be one commodore in the garage Crying or Very Sad

http://norcal3.com/owned/diver-owned.jpg
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Thu, 01 December 2005 17:19

hmmm... i'd say put the 2 sprinters in the garage, take the big commodor out, take any mattris you dont need and strap them on the roof of the commodor and the KE70, AE71 and TA22....

thats what i did last year and saved my shitbox 31 a lot of damage.... i put 2 mattris on top of the roof, and it stretched from the bonnet to the boot, so i was safe.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a lovely day it is in perth today
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 06:27]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the trick is beach towels and blankets and bricks Very Happy

saved my ass more than once!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah might put some blankets on the sprinter if it comes to that, but outside it looks sweet atm.
im not a fan of the bricks too much, enough wind can send them flying causing more damage. but it would have to be alot of wind i'd imagine.
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue skies at the moment for as far as i can see
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah up central coast way we got the hail storm...had to rush to get my poor ST162 in the garage, coped a hail stone in the back of the neck.

pretty decent sized ones aswell biggest i've ever seen bout 5-10cm big
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Thu, 01 December 2005 19:54

yeah up central coast way we got the hail storm...had to rush to get my poor ST162 in the garage, coped a hail stone in the back of the neck.

pretty decent sized ones aswell biggest i've ever seen bout 5-10cm big

FARK ME!!! POOR ST162 Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

man insurance should deal with it hopefully... but 10cm big Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad god dang!!

Ang on, you didnt cop it did you? lol i misread!!

but still dang man 10CM big?? whats happening in this world ...

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 09:09]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked sorry totally stuffed up the size... more like 3cm-ish.

took a look at ruler at how big 10cm was and was a bit Embarassed

but yeah no damage to my precious shiny paintwork
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nup no hail for me, hailed in camden we got some heavy rain though.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah was bloody hot last night but no rain or hail.. darn!! i wanted to get the 31 out to get some damage on the boot so i can get an excuse for a replacement boot and some paint work Mad ahh well Very Happy good thing it didnt hail though i have to say.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It did hail just earlier in the afternoon just wasn't as wide spread as they predicted it'd be, suburb about 20 mins from my house copped it pretty bad.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Thu, 01 December 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well at least my warning isnt really a complete Dud Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Fri, 02 December 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..... that storm is looking pretty nasty right about now!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Find some Cover tonight! =[Sydney]= Fri, 02 December 2005 08:19 Go to previous message
tell me about it! just had to move all the work cars under cover... the good thing is cool lightning usually accompanies hail

*sigh* I love getting paid to piss around on toymods Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Old photos
Next Topic:RTA too stoopid
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:08:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072400569915771 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.