Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

toyrota's KE20 Sun, 17 April 2005 01:24 Go to next message
well I will start with the before pics as I got it from Toobshttp://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=9689
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=9688
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=9690

Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sun, 17 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now I don't have pics just yet of the car as it changes but they are coming
So far some of the things that have changed are
dirty big dint in rear quarter......GONE......
Blue paint....Gone.... well most of it still have to do inside
a lot of wiring sorted or ......Gone
everthing in the boot not needed .....gone
radiator replaced
wheel bearing checked,greased and adjusted
Panel at the front has been trimed a bit for better airflow to I/C
thermo fan fitted
there is more to do but I'll let you know soon
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 18 April 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see another old rolla.

Keep us updated with info and pics.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 21 April 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
latest purchase for the rollie has been a Gtech meter, brand new $62.25 delivered Cool got to love Ebay
tomorrow new front springs and shocks......
esv8
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 21 April 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wot engine is that?
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 21 April 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engine is a 3t-gteu
1.8l turbo
it also runs a w58 box,Alfa LSD diff
it has 4 wheel disc brakes,saab FMIC and a few other bits and pieces.
It's a work in progress that has been changing every week of late,not too much though as it has to stay as per engineers report.

PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: toyrota's KE20 Fri, 22 April 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasnt this thing for slae a while back on these forums?
how much did u pick it up for?
will be a well fot ke20 wen shes finished dats for sheeezzz.
haha
g/l wit da progress
keep us updated wit some pix.
cheers scott
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 23 April 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's some progress shots
http://img241.echo.cx/img241/8444/23042005104207am7ja.th.png http://img202.echo.cx/img202/7084/23042005103658am7ja.th.png http://img241.echo.cx/img241/9920/23042005103903am7dj.th.png

well it has paint on it now but I don't have any pics of that yet, also the front has the new spring and shocks in now so it sits up a bit more and has made it a lot better to turn lock to lock (no more rubbing)
I'm pretty happy with the progress thus far and it's been on a very tight buget, it's not perfect but it's a lot better than it was

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2005 03:38]

leaven
Regular

June 2004
Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 25 April 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This car is the most fun thing i have ever been in.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 25 April 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well a huge amount of the wiring has now been sorted,miles of wire cut out, tacho wired properly,boost guage moved,tacho moved again,turbo timer mounted differently.
relays mounted under bonnet rather then just sitting there plus a lot of other work done while we were there
All in all it looks better and would have to be heaps safer, another day well spent, rego is so close I can nearly taste it Razz
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 28 April 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the good lady wife wrote off my commodore on tuesday so the rollie has to step up to the plate ASAP. As you can imagine funds are at an all time low so I'm selling off any of the good parts I can save from the wreak to sell off.
On the plus side I now have a momo streering wheel for the rollie plus some more stereo gear if I fit it
I guess you should always look on the bright side of life hey,
the other good thing was she and the boys weren't hurt apart from a big dint in her pride (and my wallet-No insurance Sad )
Stay tuned thing are getting exciting kiddies
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 28 April 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got any more info on the diff? what model/yr the diff is from? have to be cut down much? and any pics of the set up would be great, thanks.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 28 April 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit of of asking around leads me to belive it's out of an alfa 2000,due to the lsd, the Alfa 1750 is the same but no Lsd from what I'm told by a guy that repairs and race prepares Alfa's. We didn't measure it up to see if it was cut down but the spring mounts have been changed from standard Alfa.
It still run the Alfa stud pattern so there might be a chance that it is not cut down.I will try to get measurements on both as soon as I can to help everyone out.
I was told that they handle over 300hp in race cars and don't break.
I have found this to be the best diff I have had ever better than the 9" I had in my XC years ago,It is quiet turns good without shuddering but it hocks up instantly,It's insane,I love it and recommend one to anyone

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 09:46]

dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 30 April 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually done the diff conversion to this car 3 or 4 years ago, it was not cut down just had the spring plates moved, top diff though, just required a little massaging of the wheel well from memory!!!!
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 30 April 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude thanks for the post.
It's good to get a bit more info on the car,did you do anything else to it???
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: toyrota's KE20 Sun, 01 May 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, i was supposed to do more to it but i think it was a case of too many projects, not enough money!!!
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 02 May 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well tomorrow it goes for a blue slip and then I guess I go to work on what ever they pick wrong with it, should be interesting considering I have changed,modified,rewied or rebuilt just about every bit that looked shitty on this thing in the last few months. My only conserns are the tire (getting close to borderline) and the pod filter

OH well fingers crossed
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 02 May 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres the specs I was given when I bought it off Petes brother:

Quote:

Body:
1973 Toyota Corolla KE20
Pearl Blue (Fading)
Tinted Windows

Wheels:
Performance 5 spoke
185/65/14 front
195/60/14 rear

Brakes:
KE55/75 struts/ disks front
Alfa-Romeo rear disks

Drive-train/Engine:
Supra 5 speed alloy
Alfa LSD 4.11:1 Differential
3TGTEU 1800 twin cam turbo
RX7 13b turbo 550cc injectors
Saab 9000 turbo intercooler and BOV
GM Delco out of a JE Camira tuned by Dick Wakeling.

Exhaust:
2.5inch press bent

Interior:
Prelude Seats
Sports Wheel
Omori Tacho
Boost gauge
White dash gauges
Pioneer CD stereo with stacker

Fully Engineered.

One of the other for sale posts when I bought this car said it had 12A injectors so they could be 12A or 13B injectors.

I have some more "back then" pics too but they need resizing to be net friendly.
I suppose I should drop around and see you sometime to give you the cd cartridge. Very Happy

Also if you want more info on the car just give Dick Wakeling a call... I'm pretty sure Rob (Petes brother) got most of his modification idea's from Dick as Dick had a ke20 with a 3T as well.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 02 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always had a love hate relationship with this car in the wet.
The diff locks up very easily when you hit boost in the wet which used to freak me out when I would just start drifting up a hill.

If you just run with it though you'll find its quite controllable in the wet, throttle control was great under boost... a bit sticky at the start of its range though.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 03 May 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Luke thottle dosen't stick anymore,fixed that a while back

Well blue slip didn't go to well at all,seems it's not "Fully Engineered" the diff and the seats need to get the OK, plus there was a handfull of other little things. I have organized an engineer for saturday and get this he is coming to me,long story short he is the brother of a guy I know that works near my old man only problem is he is very pickie,but at the end of the day I will know it is right and hopefully the price will be ok compare to some of them. The big thing is I don't have to drive to the other side of sydney to get it looked at
I guess we will see how things go Confused
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 03 May 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scanner + Engineers cert + Photoshop + Printer = All good.

Try another blue slip guy... if he checked the seats then he must not be a very good blue slip guy Wink
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 03 May 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 21:54

Try another blue slip guy... if he checked the seats then he must not be a very good blue slip guy Wink

Yeah i agree with that, find a better blue slip guy. If you don't mind me asking how much you pick her up for? or rough price?
Very nice 20 tho mate,
Cheers
MIchael
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 04 May 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the price is hard to say, I swapped it for a motorbike,which I had swapped my boat for about an hour before hand.Then there is an agreement of half of money over $4000 from sale of bike,so I guess around 4g as the half half thing is a bonus for us both
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 04 May 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spose I should get round to selling that bike sometime ay Very Happy
Bikepoint next week... I swear!
Even if it has to get photographed unwashed!
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 05 May 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats pretty good!!
That sounded really confusing but i got it.
Cheers
Michael
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 05 May 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer Luke maybe you should Razz there is a lot of untapped money there for you mainly, could get a certain celica going a bit harder
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 07 May 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyrota wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 17:51

Yer Luke maybe you should Razz there is a lot of untapped money there for you mainly, could get a certain celica going a bit harder

But if I finish the conversion then what would I do?
Life as I know it would be over Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 09 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
life as you know it will go back to normal when you mount the gutter with uncontrollable wheelspin and you have to fix it again or about a week later when you get use to the power Razz

Bit of an update ;

engineer got tied up on saturday and couldn't make it so it has been put off for a day or 2 but I got just about every other little thing fixed I think so we should be right all bar the money.... sale of some parts fell though... Mad Mad Mad
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sun, 15 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I got the engineer over to check it out and there is a small issue with the brake (rear brakes are good Confused) so I have to throw another $270 to get the right valve to keep him happy,the plus side is that it will be right the 1st time.The only other things are putting some heater hose around the battery cable and making a better mount for the battery inside the battery box (mounted in the boot) after this I should be ready for the blue slip.
It's been a bit for a f#%k around but it will be spot on and there is nothing that can be knocked back by the RTA so I'm pretty happy with that and it's been done on a tight budget aswell.
More pics coming soon
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Thu, 02 June 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well update time
Battery box has been remounted and battery mounted inside it good and proper
Battery cable covered in heater hose for extra protection
Brake valve fitted along with new brake pipe and I just finished playing around with adjustment to get it stopping right so I should be getting closer.
Now all I need to do is remember where I left that $250000 in cash,seem to think it was in a lane way somewhere........It'll turn up soon no doubt
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 11 June 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the brake test has been done now and it passed as did the other things that needed to be done so it engineered (just have to wait for the paper work) so blue slip next and then rego.
Moneys in the bank so we are looking good for the end of next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 11 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyrota wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 15:45

well the brake test has been done now and it passed as did the other things that needed to be done so it engineered (just have to wait for the paper work) so blue slip next and then rego.
Moneys in the bank so we are looking good for the end of next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cool lookin forward to this bein on the road! Smile
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 13 June 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been looking forward to this for months too let me tell you. So far the plan is to drive,add fuel,drive, add fuel, then maybe drive some more. Only problem my boss seems to think my time is better spent at work.
It's going to wakefeild park (5/7/05)
hopefully it will make the KE cruise,monthly meeting,wisemans cruise,lolly shop cruise.
Then a trip to Bathurst to see a friend,trip to Mudgee and no doubt a few kms around the traps just for good fun.
It will also get a few improvements along the way
seeyou all out there Cool
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 25 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now have rego Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: toyrota's KE20 Sat, 25 June 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats man, sounds like yours is really moving along, i wish i could say the same about mine, anyway would you be able to get some new pics up to show us??
Cheers
Michael
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Fri, 01 July 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well all is looking good for the dyno day so if you are there have a look, still a bit rough to look at but not as bad as it was.I will try to get some more pics up soon, I should have some from the dyno day and Wakefeild to post later next week I hope.
Still want to add/change some things then start chasing some more hp
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 05 July 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like you and Jason (Yellorolla) can bounce some ideas off each other now...looks good dude and welcome back to the toyota family Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 05 July 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well had a crack at Wakefeild Park today....
The lesson leant today is you need good tires and check brakes before going.I had really soft pads in that stopped really good but now there is nothing left at all.
Just incase you were wondering times I got a 1.25min not the best but when you consider the setup I did well to stay on the track.I had the oldest car there and it did ok ,not the slowest thank god.
The biggest surprise was that it handled the abuse well, tune up time ,some better brakes and some better tires (maybe sort the suspension)
Great day

Thanks yogi good to be back loving every minute of it and yes Jason and I will be talking. One thing I have found out is that a 12a is legal Very Happy ........maybe the next one........
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 06 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No not a rotor dude, what are you doing to yourself?? Very Happy Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 18 July 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your right no rotor in this ......just yet Rolling Eyes ....
After looking at Jasons I think I will keep going with this engine plus I have a spare so we will see what happens.
Took it for a little drive yesterday to Mudgee and was pretty happy with the way it went considering the weight of the new stereo ,2 of us and a massive bag of clothes.
The stereo was meant to be something to listen to on the trip but it got out of hand a little so some of it will come out in the next day or 2.
Also did a bit of going over it tonight and tightened some things and it feels better and has less knocks Very Happy
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 18 July 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pix pix pix pix

cheers scott
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 19 July 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha poor old KE20... defiled with a massive stereo Razz

Found some stuff you might want for the KE20.
-Spare set of keys with ignition, solex & remote control.
-CD Stacker cartridge.

toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 19 July 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke I saw Rod today and got the bits and pieces, thanks mate

Now for some pics
http://www.evilimaging.com/circuitclub/pages/IMG_1 352.htm
http://www.evilimaging.com/circuitclub/pages/IMG_1 423.htm
http://www.evilimaging.com/circuitclub/pages/IMG_1 317.htm
http://www.evilimaging.com/circuitclub/pages/IMG_1 334.htm
http://www.evilimaging.com/circuitclub/pages/IMG_0 987.htm
http://www.evilimaging.com/circuitclub/pages/IMG_0 988.htm

just some of the pics from wakefeild.
Enjoy hopefully have some more soon
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Tue, 19 July 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookn the goods

theres a small video at the url below i took of it from dyno day 6 if your interested

http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/displayimage.php ?album=19&pos=62
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 20 July 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She's definately looking a lot better now Grant!
Good work!
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 20 July 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
up close and personal it looks like shit but I had to tidy it up a bit so it didn't look like a shit heap when I went for rego. Seem to do the trick Very Happy
I have been having some fun in it and having changed jobs again it has become the daily driver not that I'm complaining so far
It even got a treat today and got a wheel alinement (it's got a bent strut Confused) and I also got the slow leak fixed in the back tire. Oh and I have got a new thermostat that has to go in
Does it ever end this spending money thing?????
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 20 July 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To say that you got a new thermostat would infer that you had an old one... but I can assure you there wasn't one when I had it. Very Happy
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 20 July 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks awesome, i like the simple interior and plain exterior.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Wed, 20 July 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I got the radiator recored I put a thremostat in it but I has been playing up this week so I pulled it out,just haven't had a chance to put the new one in yet
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Fri, 05 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a bit of an update
Had small problem with brakes the other night ,had none Confused all fixed and improved now.
Also added some seat covers all round and a retractable seat belt to make things a bit nicer inside and also put new shocks in the back.
things have slowed a little due to funds but now looking into getting bits to sort front brakes some more,engine parts for my other engine and also looking into 6 speed box.
I'm also heading west tomorrow to look at some other bodies for possible transplants
the goal is now 200kw's atw,6 speed and setup for curcuit racing but still have rego ,it might be some time away but you have to have something to aim at Smile
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 17 October 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the trip out west didn't help too much ,ran out of time to look for bodies ( spent some time catching up with old friend and showing off the car)

What I have come across is something a bit more close to home,more details soon.

Apart from that the old girl is still going. Fixed a few more little things rattles Etc, fitted my race seat and harness but missed the track day due to funds and other committments so I am shotting for the next one.
So other than that it gets driven to work every day and gets a few hours of TLC after work sometimes, it really not that bad to drive now with a tune up it should be nice and smooth

One thing I'm trying to get my head around is should I stick with the Delco or get something else for it?????
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Mon, 24 October 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pulled my finger out of my ass today and took my spare 3tgte into work and pulled it down.....Looks in great shape but it will get a freshen up now and it will wish it was still sitting quietly at the back of the shed Evil or Very Mad

only problem I have now is there is another car that has got my attention and I might be up for another swap, who knows it might not happen
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toyrota's KE20 Fri, 28 October 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a pic of mime and my brothers daily drivers

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7848/photo00775to.th.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 10:05]

lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: toyrota's KE20 Fri, 02 December 2005 11:33 Go to previous message
any new photos?, call u tomorrow,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My little Escort.