Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
icon10.gif  Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Wed, 26 February 2003 11:36 Go to next message
HELL YEAH!!!!!

Well, if it's this one it is! Very Happy

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i9/0950_2mg.jpg

740hp and 1114Nm... all from the stock 4.5 litre straight 6 petrol motor... turbo'd obviously (twins) with twin intercoolers Shocked Shocked Laughing Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Wed, 26 February 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fact that it has DUBAI on the plates would suggest it's just another Oil cat blowing some dosh as well as the engine.... Very Happy Though it must be a laugh chasing some camels in that thing
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Wed, 26 February 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The owner is/was actually a Middle Eastern rally driver (can't remember the name though)

Wouldn't mind having one as a weekend toy... or something to driver over the traffic with Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Wed, 26 February 2003 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Landcruisers are fun to drive stock IMHO Very Happy

First learnt to drive in one on morton island(off the Qld Coast, near Brisbane)....was rather amussing watching everyone bump around in it whilst i was flogging her(going about 130km\h....not uber fast i know but for my first REAL drive ever it was caining) on the surf side of Morton....priceless moment

BTW how safe is it to do that kind of speed on hard packed sand? Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Wed, 26 February 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Landcruisers are fun. They are especially fun when you drive them in the city and hit pedestrians with them.

I love it when Landcruisers are following me, and I wonder if the North Shore Soccor mum driving it will stop in time or run up my arse and write my car/

Really fun to watch.

I love big four-bees!

Wa! Surprised
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Wed, 26 February 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just finished the split pulsed turbo manifold (big TO4) for the landcruiser motor I have fitted to my 72 crown. Without the turbo it caned (lots if torque). It really is a lovely motor. Revs to 6000 stock (mainly because of cams designed to give torque off idle-tap and it lights up instantly). That car above has had 250 big ones spent on the motor though-billet steel crank/rods-etc though. It's also recorded a speed of 300 km/h. Makes you think when a std. cruiser will roll over at 60 km/h if you jerk the wheel too hard...........

Sean
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mates dads landcruiser is way crazier than that!!
ill try get some pictures on , its a landcruiser that was built just for the purpose of rallying in the outback challenge and other minor events. And iv drivin it , it is hell crazy.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with rdraginrolla, I love them.
especially how they own the road as much as taxis... they always have right of way (especially melbourne taxis).

and the extra ped-killing ability is great.
plus the school-mums are always the greatest... 5 screaming kids in the car, pissed off school-mum not paying attention to the road.... I love having to avoid accidents with them.
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm. Are we paying out Landcruisers?? Sad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(in his best monty python impersonation)

oh no no no no no no.

YES.

Very Happy
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK
Sad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*gives kerr a bug wet sloppy kiss*
there there.

and on that note, I'm going to bed. I hate having to be up at 5:30 Sad
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Thu, 27 February 2003 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dad owns a cruiser which he drives everyday and has owned a 4wd for over 20 years. We regularly take it offroad when we go fishing and hunting. He has never been involved in an accident where he was at fault and I still can't see how someone can crash into a parked landcruiser. Rolling Eyes

I myself hate 4wd owners that are bitumen cowboys. The cruiser isn't insured for drivers under 25 so I am very careful when I drive it. I leave plenty of room between myself and the car infront, yet people like to sqeeze into that gap. So I have the opposite problem to you guys. Confused
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Are Landcruisers Fun To Drive? Fri, 28 February 2003 09:36 Go to previous message
kerr wrote on Thu, 27 February 2003 22:08

Hmmmm. Are we paying out Landcruisers?? Sad

No, well originally not anyway Confused

Just showing a crazy 'Cruiser with brutal power... for a 'Cruiser anyway!!!

I've driven a few 4WD's before, mostly overseas though (when I was in the Philippines... over there if you own a 4WD you're king heheheh), but I'm used to driving vehicles with high centre of gravity, as I also drive a Tarago alongside the Soarer. I'm actually more careful in the Soarer, simply because of the long bonnet (Tarago doesn't have one heheh).

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2003 09:38]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Woohoo, Got a new car...
Next Topic:crown/corona's INFO
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:43:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047950744628906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.